PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [02-12-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

[QUOTE=tjmontan;1581236You are reading my mind...I am hoping for Darren, Flyers, Medic, Santod, CMYLXGO or one of the other superstars of this thread (X--did not leave you out--you are the "THREAD") to possibly give us a walk thru on wallpapers, hd walls etc with this ROM..I installed the dena line theme wallpaper direct to phone, from storage etc and it will only show on the top and bottom (weird as nothing else shows thru the curtains and it does not show up in my wallpapers either)..I have installed some other hd walls cabs that I have just found going thru various threads and I cant not find these anywhere as well (nor do they show up as my wallpaper).. The only wallpapers I have been able to use are the ones that came with the X ROM and some that I loaded off the mediumhill thread..only problem is I can only use one at a time..once I try and install a new one it wipes the old ones out..Sorry for being over detailed and I certainly know that I am not savvy with all this phone stuff but do feel I should be able to figure this stuff out on my own but I cant..thanks in advance for the help..[/QUOTE]

TJ... I truly appreciate your comments above, but to put me in the same class as the others you've mentioned, well I'm a little embarrassed.... regardless of what the post count and thanks say, I'm still a freaking noob!!! To say I'm flattered is an understatement, but in reality I bow to the knowledge and helpfulness of Darren, Flyers, Santod, Cmy, Cellguy, Juggs, etc. And it's them that make this thread and ROM the best out there, no bickering, (Ok, maybe Darren and Flyers should be left out of that comment), no BS, just everyone trying to help out each other. Again, thanks for the huge boost to my ego!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Mael-X is just getting started
Re: [ROM] [02-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Hey all,

This is more a request for info than anything else. Not sure if there is a fix for this.

When in "My Location" on the weather tab, it never shows my city (Montreal), just the province. In some of the smaller cities in my area it works fine. In some parts of Montreal, it works fine. The result "My Location" returns seem to vary from ROM to ROM for both large and small cities.

Any particular reason why? Is there a fix to make it more accurate? I remember I tried one a few months ago, but it messed up the weather tab so I removed it.

Thanks,

Mael
Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael-X View Post
Hey all,

This is more a request for info than anything else. Not sure if there is a fix for this.

When in "My Location" on the weather tab, it never shows my city (Montreal), just the province. In some of the smaller cities in my area it works fine. In some parts of Montreal, it works fine. The result "My Location" returns seem to vary from ROM to ROM for both large and small cities.

Any particular reason why? Is there a fix to make it more accurate? I remember I tried one a few months ago, but it messed up the weather tab so I removed it.

Thanks,

Mael
Have you run quick GPS? My weather will not even if I'm in a sub-section of a small town, so the accuracy is there. I'm wondering if it's maybe just using AGPS. Can you get sat locks in Google maps? Maybe Juggs has an answer as he's on telus too, cuz the ROM has the accuracy.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Mael-X is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Have you run quick GPS? My weather will not even if I'm in a sub-section of a small town, so the accuracy is there. I'm wondering if it's maybe just using AGPS. Can you get sat locks in Google maps? Maybe Juggs has an answer as he's on telus too, cuz the ROM has the accuracy.
Yeah, I've run QuickGPS and get a fast lock in Google maps. My Location always works, just more often than not only shows province. 'tis only a minor irritation though!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ooooo noooo, theme issue here. just loaded dusk 2.5 and sense wont load. lemne see if turning of sense helps. never had this happen on 2.5 so im clueless.

edit: got it, turned of sense and loaded fine.
I had the same problem and sense still will not load. I also turned it off, but when I turn it back on it just keeps trying to load. Do I need to turn it off then install dusk then turn it on? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
Loving the rom so far, just made a wallpaper that fits the theme of this rom well

For Z06 lovers like me

I noticed you tag is viper8u2. Could you do your wallpaper for a black srt10 viper?
I would that one.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
I had the same problem and sense still will not load. I also turned it off, but when I turn it back on it just keeps trying to load. Do I need to turn it off then install dusk then turn it on? Thanks.
Which version of dusk are you trying to load up?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Ok after 4 days in row of random hard resets I flashed signed stock rom and relocked phone. Then unlocked and reflashed rom. Hopefully that fixes my problem...
Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I didnt want to try any sense 2.5 roms due to bad experiences in the past, but ive decided to give mr. x a try and WOW, this thing is made for my taste... SPEED!!!

One thing, is there any way to run full screen manilla with this rom?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Which version of dusk are you trying to load up?
I used the zip file posted in this thread titled dusk_manila_2.5evo_v2.0.zip

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development