PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I've had some odd radio-related problems today using Verizon 2.37 on Sprint. I was in a no signal area for about 1/2 hour. Afterwards the phone would't lock on a sprint tower. Had to reboot twice before it worked again. I suppose it could have been a tower problem but I've never seen this kind of problem before. I'm tempted to go back to the stock Sprint radio.
This has nothing to do with the radio.
Do a PRL update.
Also, you might wanna update your "PRI", if on Sprint,
So look at link in my sig.
For some starge reason it did not automatically update,
So I had to go into "Windows" folder and click on the "PPST" ...
Anyway it is my belief that the unit needs updating if you have this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18 View Post
Hey. First time vin user ......
Also are driver packs recommended or not (neo2007, gfxboost, atomang D3D). Sorry but there are faqs for other roms regarding addons but none for vinrom. TIA.
No faqs because of low amount of issues..

Most other "non-Vinn" roms fall into 4 categories:
1-not as polished;
2-bare to the bone, so you work it out on your own, with tons of cabs;
3-Or more like a "work-in-progress"
4-or a flashy "bleeding edge bugged beta"

I would not bother with any "driver packs"
I am not using any battery cab fixes
I WOULD USE the new "Overclock" program, (look at link in my sig),
As you dont need scripts, or running processes and get no SOD problems.
Goodluck!

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-12-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well boys, I jumped ship. I've got a shiny new Epic sitting here. It's my first Android phone, and it sure is nice. Android will take a bit of learning, but I'll see some of you over at the Epic forums. This is a great community and I'll miss it.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Well boys, I jumped ship. I've got a shiny new Epic sitting hear. It's my first Android phone, and it sure is nice. Android will take a bit of learning, but I'll see some of you over at the Epic forums. This is a great community and I'll miss it.
Glad to hear bout your new Epic.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

alright, using 1.3 neo (2.35) and did not install cht. sooooo, anyone have a retractible slider cab, I know sandot had one called stealth, I installed it but nothing happened. Obvious operator error and can't figure it out to hide at 2 seconds. also, changed wallpaper and do not want animated weather all the time, cht has a toggle, a little help??

edit: figured the animated wallpaper thing--still need some help on a retractable slider

Edit: found a Dusk themed one--

Last edited by ffkip911; 01-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

alright, so I was screwing around with some of the reg edits I posted a while back for mobile net speed tweaks...
Net speed booster

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Exit Registry Editor.
then softreset

Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset

the first 2 edits I messed with and 32 and 16 are the exact variables that need to be entered. The last tweak the original value is 11, moved it to 5 as recommended. I did mess with these values and this is what I came up with

Value 5 - speed 350
Value 3 - speed 382
Value 1 - speed 427
Value 0 - speed 400
Value 1 - speed 567

now, being mobile, will vary, but I did get the best results with the value at 1. Can anyone do similar tests to see if my value of 1 is optimal.
I used the same speed test site. changed value, and SR after each change prior to running the test.
I reg edited the first to (from the HKCU with what is recommended) then I changed the value under HCLM. ran an initial test, changed value, SR, ran test again. changed value, SR, ran test. changed value, SR, ran test.
anyone up for helping me with figuring this out?

SR and ran the test again with a value of 1 , speed is 516.129Kbps...still the best I've had

after a few others comment on this, is there anyone with cab skills that can cab up all 3 of these regedits (with the first 2 as-is and the last with a value of 1) into one cab?

Last edited by ffkip911; 01-12-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
alright, so I was screwing around with some of the reg edits I posted a while back for mobile net speed tweaks...
Net speed booster

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Exit Registry Editor.
then softreset

Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset

the first 2 edits I messed with and 32 and 16 are the exact variables that need to be entered. The last tweak the original value is 11, moved it to 5 as recommended. I did mess with these values and this is what I came up with

Value 5 - speed 350
Value 3 - speed 382
Value 1 - speed 427
Value 0 - speed 400
Value 1 - speed 567

now, being mobile, will vary, but I did get the best results with the value at 1. Can anyone do similar tests to see if my value of 1 is optimal.
I used the same speed test site. changed value, and SR after each change prior to running the test.
I reg edited the first to (from the HKCU with what is recommended) then I changed the value under HCLM. ran an initial test, changed value, SR, ran test again. changed value, SR, ran test. changed value, SR, ran test.
anyone up for helping me with figuring this out?

SR and ran the test again with a value of 1 , speed is 516.129Kbps...still the best I've had

after a few others comment on this, is there anyone with cab skills that can cab up all 3 of these regedits (with the first 2 as-is and the last with a value of 1) into one cab?
Isn't this the same thing as the s4ay/ hypnotic internet boost cab? Looks somewhat familiar. I would try it but which I honestly have no idea what half that stuff is and am scared of screwing up my system
Anywyay if anyone wants to disable the wake on notification just find the BSB tweaks v1.6 cab. You can enable it in the options.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Isn't this the same thing as the s4ay/ hypnotic internet boost cab? Looks somewhat familiar. I would try it but which I honestly have no idea what half that stuff is and am scared of screwing up my system
Anywyay if anyone wants to disable the wake on notification just find the BSB tweaks v1.6 cab. You can enable it in the options.

sh4 puts the reg edits in the wrong location
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
alright, using 1.3 neo (2.35) and did not install cht. sooooo, anyone have a retractible slider cab, I know sandot had one called stealth, I installed it but nothing happened. Obvious operator error and can't figure it out to hide at 2 seconds. also, changed wallpaper and do not want animated weather all the time, cht has a toggle, a little help??

edit: figured the animated wallpaper thing--still need some help on a retractable slider

Edit: found a Dusk themed one--
Yeah, man. I'm looking for a stealth cab too. The 3 second cab didn't work for me either. So, I'm using stealth launcher links and remove quick links background. But this requires you not to define the top 3 links, so you get the clear effect.

If you figure out a fix, please let me know!

edit: lol...im tired. gimme a min...i'll attach the cab!

Use the 3 sec cab first. Then use super stealth, if you want. lol...

Last edited by Recursion; 01-13-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started

Quote:
sh4 puts the reg edits in the wrong location
Just tried your mod and so far sites load faster. Not sure about the actual download speed but it def feels much faster. Anyway looked up some ways to make a cab and holy crap I def cant help wiht making the cab. Sry for typos watch the knicks game.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Just tried your mod and so far sites load faster. Not sure about the actual download speed but it def feels much faster. Anyway looked up some ways to make a cab and holy crap I def cant help wiht making the cab. Sry for typos watch the knicks game.
The easiest way would be to make the changes on your phone's registry and export them using ceregeditor (runs on PC). Then you can just use ceregeditor to make a cab of the registry edits. It's a great free program.

CeRegEditor - free registry editor for PDA PocketPC WindowsCE WindowsMobile(WM)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development