PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18 View Post
if i flash the jan 03 rom with 2.37 radio to a sprint tp2. Can I then flash another rom and keep the radio?

most roms do not update the radio---only stock and vins special release. so if you flash another rom (other than stock) you will keep your radio
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had some odd radio-related problems today using Verizon 2.37 on Sprint. I was in a no signal area for about 1/2 hour. Afterwards the phone would't lock on a sprint tower. Had to reboot twice before it worked again. I suppose it could have been a tower problem but I've never seen this kind of problem before. I'm tempted to go back to the stock Sprint radio.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I've had some odd radio-related problems today using Verizon 2.37 on Sprint. I was in a no signal area for about 1/2 hour. Afterwards the phone would't lock on a sprint tower. Had to reboot twice before it worked again. I suppose it could have been a tower problem but I've never seen this kind of problem before. I'm tempted to go back to the stock Sprint radio.
Weird. I've been 100% stoked with 2.37's performance. Did you use the Sprint Fixed provisioning cab? That's given me insanely strong signal strength.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Weird. I've been 100% stoked with 2.37's performance. Did you use the Sprint Fixed provisioning cab? That's given me insanely strong signal strength.
I used the built in provisioning. Up until the problem happened there were plenty of bars, then it went to no service and nothing I could do would get a signal. Had to reboot twice. Like I said, maybe the local tower hiccuped, but it happens again I'm going back to the stock radio which worked fine.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LLL
Carrier: Cricket

tpaxadpom is just getting started

reinstalled Pluto but still can not get internet sharing to work. Connect button is greyout.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

themanjsq is just getting started

im such a noob, i downloaded 12.08.10.NackedNeo-21914, but can't install it, no update utility. please need step by step.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanjsq View Post
im such a noob, i downloaded 12.08.10.NackedNeo-21914, but can't install it, no update utility. please need step by step.
1. store RHODIMG.nbh to root directory of your SD Card
2. enter bootloader mode (I think it's vol down, power, reset; or if you're on one of Vin's ROMs already, I think there's a utility to enter bootloader more).

OR

download that cab Darren posted two pages back, run it, go into the menu and select TP2 and enter bootloader mode.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
1. Not sure...maybe servers were having problems. Mine updated fine.
2. Not sure if this is what you mean, but to get the zoom bar up, you hit the bottom right icon (only one showing), then the magnifying glass (2nd over from the right, appears after hitting the sole bottom right one). That pulls up the zoom bar over here. Same zoom bar?
1) i jus gave up and installed the one from marketplace

2) im talking bout the hardware zoom bar
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I used the built in provisioning. Up until the problem happened there were plenty of bars, then it went to no service and nothing I could do would get a signal. Had to reboot twice. Like I said, maybe the local tower hiccuped, but it happens again I'm going back to the stock radio which worked fine.

This happened to me as well. I had a signal, but all of a sudden I couldn't even bring the dialer up and there was a red exclamation point next to the antenna icon. I task29'd twice and flashed twice to same result. I flashed another rom. Got frustrated by some weird lagging thing where I would change screens and then see a "shadow" of last screen. Took some good stuff from that rom. Flashed the 12-8 clean neodium, and am happy again. It's funny because I believe they have the same radio. Also, I tried to use provisioning and went to a screen where you choose carriers. That didn't work. I used the sprintfixedcab and everything is good. I also had to alter the registry to receive picture and video texts.

The only minor minor thing I have now is the dialer. I'm not used to it yet and have clumsily wound up calling people I did not intend to. That is probably all operator error, though.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched Pro 2 View Post
This happened to me as well. I had a signal, but all of a sudden I couldn't even bring the dialer up and there was a red exclamation point next to the antenna icon. I task29'd twice and flashed twice to same result. I flashed another rom. Got frustrated by some weird lagging thing where I would change screens and then see a "shadow" of last screen. Took some good stuff from that rom. Flashed the 12-8 clean neodium, and am happy again. It's funny because I believe they have the same radio. Also, I tried to use provisioning and went to a screen where you choose carriers. That didn't work. I used the sprintfixedcab and everything is good. I also had to alter the registry to receive picture and video texts.

The only minor minor thing I have now is the dialer. I'm not used to it yet and have clumsily wound up calling people I did not intend to. That is probably all operator error, though.
Hey. First time vin user and so far I am loving the nsnt rom. A few quirks here nd there but the battery life with ipt is just too good. So what registry tweaks did you use for pic and video texts? Also is there anyone haveing a problem with the screen waking on texts. The ideal situation would be to enable the led to flash when a notification is received instead of the screen turning on. Anyway If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it. Also are driver packs recommended or not (neo2007, gfxboost, atomang D3D). Sorry but there are faqs for other roms regarding addons but none for vinrom. TIA.

Last edited by yung18; 01-12-2011 at 06:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development