View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
yung18
N00b

yung18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
alright, so I was screwing around with some of the reg edits I posted a while back for mobile net speed tweaks...
Net speed booster

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Base: Decimal
Exit Registry Editor.
then softreset

Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset

the first 2 edits I messed with and 32 and 16 are the exact variables that need to be entered. The last tweak the original value is 11, moved it to 5 as recommended. I did mess with these values and this is what I came up with

Value 5 - speed 350
Value 3 - speed 382
Value 1 - speed 427
Value 0 - speed 400
Value 1 - speed 567

now, being mobile, will vary, but I did get the best results with the value at 1. Can anyone do similar tests to see if my value of 1 is optimal.
I used the same speed test site. changed value, and SR after each change prior to running the test.
I reg edited the first to (from the HKCU with what is recommended) then I changed the value under HCLM. ran an initial test, changed value, SR, ran test again. changed value, SR, ran test. changed value, SR, ran test.
anyone up for helping me with figuring this out?

SR and ran the test again with a value of 1 , speed is 516.129Kbps...still the best I've had

after a few others comment on this, is there anyone with cab skills that can cab up all 3 of these regedits (with the first 2 as-is and the last with a value of 1) into one cab?
Isn't this the same thing as the s4ay/ hypnotic internet boost cab? Looks somewhat familiar. I would try it but which I honestly have no idea what half that stuff is and am scared of screwing up my system
Anywyay if anyone wants to disable the wake on notification just find the BSB tweaks v1.6 cab. You can enable it in the options.