PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Feb.10.2011VINdows ROMs (Neo-Sense 2021 Core is up!)

edit: removed due to ridiculous amount of sarcasm.

Last edited by Solver; 02-13-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Without BT, have you ever used a touch screen phone while on a call???? Just to let you know, if the screen does not turn off while on a phone call, and the phone is touching your ear, your ear will touch the screen and therefore launch programs inadvertently. The screen turning off while on a phone call is what ALL touch screen phones do. TP2 fortunately has a proximity sensor and g-sensor, which usually keeps the screen ON while on BT and not on your ear, however, I would rather the screen turn off while on calls to prevent my ear from launching programs while talking.
If you are on a call and the screen goes blank---push the power button to activate the screen and continue multi-tasking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
***Eventually, that user made a few comments & was ran off of this thread by a few of you. ***During a call the screen sometimes goes blank, or if an incoming call is in effect as well, disabling the caller ID function, for the times you are lucky to get an incomiing call with other party on hold, it's impossible to flash back to original party without disconnecting all calls. ***i understand most of you all here is on Vins coat tail, or want the geek site viewers to think this is the most trouble free rom. Vin may get off on the statistics, as well as some of you, but it's not fair to those that really wan to use the phone as it was intended to be, a phone to make & receive calls. The rom have phone issues & the info here is not generated honestly. ***
Ad hominem ...
Quote:
I'm going to try the stock rom.
Yeah, wise choice. Or go find a MM Rom and see if you like that better.

I've been around the TP2 plenty, played with stock & custom ROMs alike. Vin's are some of the best, IMHO. They're all I use for a reason. I've never experienced your phone issues, so not sure what to tell you except go back to stock. Nobody owes you a custom ROM. If you don't like what you're getting, don't flash it. Jumping in here with ad hominem arguments shows your immaturity pretty damn clearly. If you have a problem, please voice yourself like an adult. If you don't hear or get what you want, live with it. But attacking people and pulling a "whaa whaa" like a pre-pubescent isn't helping your cause.

Edit: And here's something you can try: settings, system, power, backlight -> increase or even turn off the setting for "Turn off device..." for "On Battery Power" and "On External Power." Now, your phone will stay on until you turn it off.

See? Your whining distracted me & wasted a crap load of time. If you just stated your issue like an adult, people would focus on JUST YOUR PROBLEM.

Time to drink some beer...

Last edited by Recursion; 02-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Ad hominem ...

+12

Ain't that the truth? Like I was saying earlier before I thought better, basically my eyes hurt from all reading all those letters.

One more just cause.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Ad hominem ...

Yeah, wise choice. Or go find a MM Rom and see if you like that better.

I've been around the TP2 plenty, played with stock & custom ROMs alike. Vin's are some of the best, IMHO. They're all I use for a reason. I've never experienced your phone issues, so not sure what to tell you except go back to stock. Nobody owes you a custom ROM. If you don't like what you're getting, don't flash it. Jumping in here with ad hominem arguments shows your immaturity pretty damn clearly. If you have a problem, please voice yourself like an adult. If you don't hear or get what you want, live with it. But attacking people and pulling a "whaa whaa" like a pre-pubescent isn't helping your cause.

Edit: And here's something you can try: settings, system, power, backlight -> increase or even turn off the setting for "Turn off device..." for "On Battery Power" and "On External Power." Now, your phone will stay on until you turn it off.

See? Your whining distracted me & wasted a crap load of time. If you just stated your issue like an adult, people would focus on JUST YOUR PROBLEM.

Another one riding Vin jock show their colors.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Without BT, have you ever used a touch screen phone while on a call???? Just to let you know, if the screen does not turn off while on a phone call, and the phone is touching your ear, your ear will touch the screen and therefore launch programs inadvertently. The screen turning off while on a phone call is what ALL touch screen phones do. TP2 fortunately has a proximity sensor and g-sensor, which usually keeps the screen ON while on BT and not on your ear, however, I would rather the screen turn off while on calls to prevent my ear from launching programs while talking.
If you are on a call and the screen goes blank---push the power button to activate the screen and continue multi-tasking.

Dumbest thing I've read so far.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Another one riding Vin jock show their colors.
Quote:
Dumbest thing I've read so far.
Thanks for the hilarity, viwizard! Didn't read anything you wrote earlier but I am laughing out loud (no $#!+) at you right now.

Thanking your post because I needed that!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Fake Thanks ftw... Hope you make VIP cause of me.

Silly wizzard, you! You are mos def a winner.

Last edited by Solver; 02-14-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:43 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

all you guys need to stop and get back on topic please.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

@viward...really??? Just trying to help you out. Your whole "issue" is something built into all touch screen phones----go buy a Razr

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development