PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Feb.10.2011VINdows ROMs (Neo-Sense 2021 Core is up!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well pm is out there cause i use verification and its still unread so thanx bro, good game though.
just checked again...no PM from ya. maybe you sent it to someone else by mistake? must be a glitch in the system if you did sent it to me, i can take a snapshot of my PM list for ya... no worries, still...great game, great rivalry. might see each other again in the playoffs...HUGE maybe. i want to see how the new kids play against the sharks...

Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry for a n00b question, but what is the practical difference between Plutonium and Neodium ROMs ? I realize one is 6.5.x and another 6.5, but what does it mean in terms of speed, memory, battery etc. ? Also, do I need to use Task29 to flash ROMs ? I just started playing with custom ROMs and so far flashed them using the exe file.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
Sorry for a n00b question, but what is the practical difference between Plutonium and Neodium ROMs ? I realize one is 6.5.x and another 6.5, but what does it mean in terms of speed, memory, battery etc. ? Also, do I need to use Task29 to flash ROMs ? I just started playing with custom ROMs and so far flashed them using the exe file.
5x is much more fingerfriendly/looks better and start on bottom and overall i like it better. as for task29 i never use it unless i got a major issue which has been once and i flashed lots and lots of roms.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
5x is much more fingerfriendly/looks better and start on bottom and overall i like it better. as for task29 i never use it unless i got a major issue which has been once and i flashed lots and lots of roms.
Thanks ! Is there a performance / memory penalty ? The Neodium is leaps and bounds faster than any Sense rom I've tried, and absolutely stunning visually. Most ROMs using custom icons and Sense clock look sort of crude, this one is a work of art.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Thanks ! Is there a performance / memory penalty ? The Neodium is leaps and bounds faster than any Sense rom I've tried, and absolutely stunning visually. Most ROMs using custom icons and Sense clock look sort of crude, this one is a work of art.
i think neo might be little faster but not enough to care about. ya vins roms are and have been tops in tp2 game. as for mem honestly i never look case i could careless as long as phone works/looks good.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks ! I'll try to stick with Neo for now then, it's fast enough that I may try to use Sense again. It lagged so bad that I switched to Titanium for a while.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Thanks ! I'll try to stick with Neo for now then, it's fast enough that I may try to use Sense again. It lagged so bad that I switched to Titanium for a while.
spb mobileshell good option too with lots of themes.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
spb mobileshell good option too with lots of themes.
I used it, however in my experience it tends to lag after a while.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

A few more ROM n00b questions...

1) I used to run S2U2 instead of built-in Lock on stock ROM. Doing that resulted in about 2mb net memory gain as the stock lock app was around 5mb. Is this still the case with latest Neodium, or does it use a different lock app ? I don't want to install S2U2 unless it gains some memory over stock.

2) To my surprise, running SKTools FreeUP RAM after closing all apps does absolutely nothing. On stock it would typically release anywhere from .5 to 3 mb RAM. Just curious as to why...

3) I saw several ppl mention a quicker battery drain vs last version. Is this indeed the case ? I don't see any battery life decrease vs stock, but now I am wondering if the previous version was even better.

BTW, this is the first time in months that I ran Sense for a day and didn't want to throw my phone against a wall. Whatever Vin did works wonders.

I did try Plutonium yesterday just to compare, and I think Neo is definitely faster. If only there was a way to get 6.5.x Outlook Calendar on 6.5...
Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
A few more ROM n00b questions...

1) I used to run S2U2 instead of built-in Lock on stock ROM. Doing that resulted in about 2mb net memory gain as the stock lock app was around 5mb. Is this still the case with latest Neodium, or does it use a different lock app ? I don't want to install S2U2 unless it gains some memory over stock.

2) To my surprise, running SKTools FreeUP RAM after closing all apps does absolutely nothing. On stock it would typically release anywhere from .5 to 3 mb RAM. Just curious as to why...

3) I saw several ppl mention a quicker battery drain vs last version. Is this indeed the case ? I don't see any battery life decrease vs stock, but now I am wondering if the previous version was even better.

BTW, this is the first time in months that I ran Sense for a day and didn't want to throw my phone against a wall. Whatever Vin did works wonders.

I did try Plutonium yesterday just to compare, and I think Neo is definitely faster. If only there was a way to get 6.5.x Outlook Calendar on 6.5...
most of the "old" mem tricks have been cooked in a while ago (SKtools) so you won't see any changes installing them. The "new" trick for mem is to remove the start menu and replace with MMaplauncher or quickmenu (all cabs are on the paperclip) this will free up about 20-25. I would suggest mmaplauncher as opposed to quickmenu. the other option is to run SPB. with OC to 729 spb 3.5.5 is very quick and stable---currently running at 90+ free. 112 free at SR.
I use the built in lock because adding S2U2 does not remove stock locker---so you will not see any mem savings.

if total free mem is what you're looking for:
don't use sense (use SPB or the mock iPhone app)....don't use CHT (it is amazing work, but if mem is what you're looking for use something not associated with sense)
remove/replace startmenu
use stock locker
shut down weather
shut down facebook
shut down twitter
delete then remove old sms and emails (in tools)
change how often your phone pulls emails
shut down parlingo/aloqa/media
use task mgr to make sure all unwanted programs are shut down

CHANGE PAGEPOOL TO 8 OR 10
compensate for the lower PP by OC to 728---748 if you can get it but 728 seems to be the sweet spot.

EDIT: after going to sms/menu/tools/remove deleted items and doing the same with email----gained 15mb free

I am currently running 106 mb free

Last edited by ffkip911; 02-23-2011 at 04:17 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development