PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 4-18-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Dibbs,

On another note, I have been experiencing a issue with receiving calls. It has randomly occured on your last few roms, and I just installed your latest Verizon rom and it occurred on the first phone call I received. BTW, I did task29 my phone before installing your latest rom today.

Issue:
I receive a phone call, I slide to answer and it gets stuck on slide to answer screen. The slider slides all the way to left side of the screen, but it seems to then freeze. I try to press the hard answer key, but that is unresponsive. It usually stays like that for 15-20 seconds, and then the slide to answer screen disappears and I get a missed call notification.

This happens randomly. I didn't have this issue on other roms that I tested out this last week.... Any ideas?
I only have this issue when connected to bluetooth. I have yet to be able to answer my phone when connected to my car.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

@jas0nmack, I'm not using bluetooth when the problem occurs.

@dibbs, I can test some beta roms with diff phone canvases.

Here is a list of the cabs currently installed (most installed from MH Updater):
- Total Commander
- Google Youtube
- psShutXP
- Skyfire
- Pocket RAR
- Midomi
- My Phone
- IMDB
- HTC AudioBooster
- Advanced Config
- TomTom Navigator
- Google Maps
- Slacker Radio
- SpoonTorch
- MS RDP v6.5
- pTasks
- Cookies Home Tab 1.7.1
- CHTEditor
- FdsSoft Taskmgr
- Opera 10 Final
- Bing
- SecureW2 TTLS Client 4.1.0

Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

There is a VZ rom in the test folder now for download.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

@cls how is your memory when it freezes? some of those apps use a lot (skyfire, opera10, tomtom).

dibbs, which taskbar will keep my same black buttons, but get the green windows icon?

Last edited by ivwonka; 04-23-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Ay..when do you need to align the screen?, should be automatic.
my screen seemed to be a little off so I decided to give it a go. if its automatic no biggie, mainly just curious.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

@dibbs, is it possible to have the canvas that covers the phone buttons when in call with the current dialer? I know a lot of people dont like it but its a life saver if you keep your phone in a holster and use bluetooth. I cant tell you how many people I have hung up on. It's also easily turned off with Bsb tweaks or through the registry. Just a suggestion..er..request
Old 04-23-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
@cls how is your memory when it freezes? some of those apps use a lot (skyfire, opera10, tomtom).
I usually keep a close eye on my memory. The last time the problem occurred I had about 50MB free. Nothing was running except for slacker. On many occasions, the problem would occur with no programs running at all.

@Dibbs, Thanks for the beta rom. I just tasked 29 my phone and I am installing it now. I will test it out this evening without any additional cab installs to see if the problem occurs. If all goes well, I will slowly install my usually programs to see if any of those might be causing an issue.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Anybody else getting the itch? It feels like flashing Friday to me! Dibbs, how did 23563 look last week, or are you still playing with the unicorns?! I wouldn't be mad if it had a little better battery life. Maybe I will just play with some new clocks and make some new hd walls...
Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:

dibbs, which taskbar will keep my same black buttons, but get the green windows icon?
Either of the sense 2.5 themes in the tsk directory on the ftp (they are labeled sense 2.5), but it installs a wallpaper too though. I will have to make a seperate cab for just those buttons if you didn't want one of the two backgrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
my screen seemed to be a little off so I decided to give it a go. if its automatic no biggie, mainly just curious.
It skips the alignment and time & date screens on boot. It does an automatic default for the alignment and read the time & date from your cell since each ROM has the carrier cooked into the ROM already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
@dibbs, is it possible to have the canvas that covers the phone buttons when in call with the current dialer? I know a lot of people dont like it but its a life saver if you keep your phone in a holster and use bluetooth. I cant tell you how many people I have hung up on. It's also easily turned off with Bsb tweaks or through the registry. Just a suggestion..er..request
I will look into it, but not promising anything. TBO, I find that canvas curtain annoying... LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
I usually keep a close eye on my memory. The last time the problem occurred I had about 50MB free. Nothing was running except for slacker. On many occasions, the problem would occur with no programs running at all.

@Dibbs, Thanks for the beta rom. I just tasked 29 my phone and I am installing it now. I will test it out this evening without any additional cab installs to see if the problem occurs. If all goes well, I will slowly install my usually programs to see if any of those might be causing an issue.
Cool, let me know how it goes. I changed a few things around a bit to test. The canvas I used for the dialer seems to work ok, the only bad thing about the dialer I noticed after I uploaded the ROM was even though BT works fine, it doesn't show the icon in the top taskbar. Dialer canvas' seem to be on and off with that icon working, it's pretty weird.

Quote:
Anybody else getting the itch? It feels like flashing Friday to me! Dibbs, how did 23563 look last week, or are you still playing with the unicorns?! I wouldn't be mad if it had a little better battery life. Maybe I will just play with some new clocks and make some new hd walls...
I'm gonna wait till I get some feedback from the VZ test ROM before I make any real update. So pretty doubtful there will be an update tonight... sorry. Oh, and I couldn't really tell to much of any difference between 59 and 63.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Hmm, maybe I will try a different canvas for the VZ peoples next update or either I will let some VZ users test a couple phone canvas' on a beta rom or two for VZ to see if I can resolve the issue. Speak up if your a VZ user and would like to beta test a phone canvas or two (if your having the issue with the phone canvas).

On another note, I uploaded a beta test of the stripped 6.5 titanium ROM if anyone wants to give it a go, it's in the test folder of the FTP (link to test folder if you don't know where my FTP is, is the last thing in post 1). A couple of notes though, it is a blank carrier ROM. You will also need to install your own MMS and or Provisioning CAB, the reason for that is because I am saving space (the MMS CABs are 4MB a piece, 12MB total for the 3 CABs). Sorry for the inconvenience, just ahead of time put them on your SD card and use the still included UC app to load them per usual instructions of the UC app from post 2. Storage and Program memory are really really good on this ROM, and so is the battery life
Thanks downloadin now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development