PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 7-4-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.8

My experience with memory usage on all current roms

Sense 2.5 - Boot up to ~86 mb, eventually down to ~55 mb
CHT - Similar boot, down to low 30s (really just cant use CHT any more its just too damn slow, not your fault dibbs)
Titanium - Clean boot to 110 mb, float to 99mb or so. With mobile shell, boot to 105, float down to low 80s. I love it.
Max sense - dont know.

Another tip, to save a little more ram go to windows/startup and remove arkswitch and voice dialer (if you dont use it), Dibbs, what do the other files do?

BTTray (duh)
HTC Startup
PKG?
poutlook (duh)

Last edited by PropagandaX; 07-18-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 7-4-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.8

Well, I am on the official release atm, and I have those as well. Pretty sure those are related to starting manila. If your on titanium and those are there, well that would ruin my statement, lol.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
I see what you mean, I downloaded it and installed, and no save on a custom preset. It wasn't giving the save confirmation as normal, so something must have been wrong with it. Anywho, I got a working version up on the ftp now, so no issues going forward as it saves fine. Link to CAB
I may be doing something wrong. I installed the CAB in this post and tried again. This time it tells me I have saved the Preset, but if I go back later to get it, it is gone. Only the stock presets are there. None of the Custom eq settings seems to be saved.

Thanks again for the help.

Doug M.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Iusacell

TecMan is just getting started

Hi dibbson:

Today, I installed your 23569 Titanium ROM...working fine and I like the new Office Mobile 2010...but I can't find the Owner Information Icon...normal route is Settings/Personal...Can you help me?

Thanks

TecMan

Last edited by TecMan; 07-18-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
I may be doing something wrong. I installed the CAB in this post and tried again. This time it tells me I have saved the Preset, but if I go back later to get it, it is gone. Only the stock presets are there. None of the Custom eq settings seems to be saved.

Thanks again for the help.

Doug M.
Ok, so after much searching, it looks like it's an issue with the actual program itself, and no solution. Emails have been sent to HTC supposedly, but no action from them yet on a fix. You will just have to set the levels whenever you plug in your headset. Unfortunately no fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecMan View Post
Hi dibbson:

Today, I installed your 23569 Titanium ROM...working fine and I like the new Office Mobile 2010...but I can't find the Owner Information Icon...normal route is Settings/Personal...Can you help me?

Thanks

TecMan

Your manila contact card = owner info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ok, so after much searching, it looks like it's an issue with the actual program itself, and no solution. Emails have been sent to HTC supposedly, but no action from them yet on a fix. You will just have to set the levels whenever you plug in your headset. Unfortunately no fix.
Thanks for the quick and thourough response. I addition to the fact that your ROMS seem to run extremly well, one of the reasons I stick with MH is your responsiveness to questions.

Thanks for the great work and for sharing with everyone.

Doug M.

For TecMan Here is a CAB that will bring back the Owner Info in Settings>Personal>Owner Information
Attached Files
File Type: cab enable_owner_information.cab (1.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Np Doug, and as a side note, there is some speculation that the manila audio manager has something to do with the issue. I don't have a titanium ROM flashed at the moment, but it would be interesting to know if the HTC audio booster worked fine without manila on the MH titanium ROM.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Well, I am on the official release atm, and I have those as well. Pretty sure those are related to starting manila. If your on titanium and those are there, well that would ruin my statement, lol.
Ya dibbs I am settled in to the sense 2.5, runs fast!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Cool, I was wondering why those would be there on a titanium ROM and ya, the official is pretty snappy.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Iusacell

TecMan is just getting started

Hi dibbson & dwmackay:

Thanks for your help about Owner Information...got it...just one more thing:

Do you have the original themes for Titanium? I like the original blue

Thanks Again,

TecMan

Last edited by TecMan; 07-18-2010 at 03:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development