PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 4-18-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
FYI just downloaded Google Maps 4.1 which includes voice search and it works on these ROMS utilizing aGPS (my location) woo hoo

Download Here
Thanks for the confirmation, I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet. I will include it in the next update since it works with aGPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahlsr View Post
Dibbs is this ROM super speedy compared to any manilla rom or the 6.5.X roms? Speed is what's king for me. i.e. screen transitions, notifications, replying and sending txts and emails, screen rotation when flipping out keyboard etc...

Is it weird that I like unicorns and long walks on the beach?

Considering there is nothing in the ROM except remnants of the SYS (just enough to run everything you would need), it is pretty darn fast.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

turbochris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Google maps with voice? I almost updated, now I'm waiting for my new best friend Dibbs to cook it into the next rom!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Is it just me or is the Align Screen routine broken? I can't get out of it once I run it unless I soft reset.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Is it just me or is the Align Screen routine broken? I can't get out of it once I run it unless I soft reset.
Ay..when do you need to align the screen?, should be automatic.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Looking forward to the clean rom!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Hey Dibbs,

Dude, first off, you the man!
I've been away from your roms for the last week and a half... Decided to check out some of the other roms out there on the pccgeeks sea. Your rom is much quicker than some of the others out there. And the ones that are quick eat ram like there is no tomorrow. Checked out spb mobile shell and even that was not as quick as your rom, and I didn't care for the way it was organized. Anyways, just wanted to say that your work is VERY much appreciated. You make a mean rom that is worthy of praise.

BTW, as soon as I get done with the MHA on my house, a donation is on its way to you sir. Its way over due.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Dibbs,

On another note, I have been experiencing a issue with receiving calls. It has randomly occured on your last few roms, and I just installed your latest Verizon rom and it occurred on the first phone call I received. BTW, I did task29 my phone before installing your latest rom today.

Issue:
I receive a phone call, I slide to answer and it gets stuck on slide to answer screen. The slider slides all the way to left side of the screen, but it seems to then freeze. I try to press the hard answer key, but that is unresponsive. It usually stays like that for 15-20 seconds, and then the slide to answer screen disappears and I get a missed call notification.

This happens randomly. I didn't have this issue on other roms that I tested out this last week.... Any ideas?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

@Cls_ that's interesting, as I have not had that happen yet on my end. I did have one random occurrence with the dialer, but it was because I received a call when manila was still booting up which will happen every time manila is booting or under very heavy load situations. It's funny that you have and have had the issue though, as the dialer canvas in the latest ROM is not the same as the one I was using before. Have you installed any CAB's or did that happen with a clean install? The really funny part, is that it's a Verizon phone canvas, lol.....
Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

rickforet is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
@Cls_ that's interesting, as I have not had that happen yet on my end. I did have one random occurrence with the dialer, but it was because I received a call when manila was still booting up which will happen every time manila is booting or under very heavy load situations. It's funny that you have and have had the issue though, as the dialer canvas in the latest ROM is not the same as the one I was using before. Have you installed any CAB's or did that happen with a clean install? The really funny part, is that it's a Verizon phone canvas, lol.....
I had the same issue randomly for incoming calls. I also use the Verizon one (for Telus). But I agree with CLS_ your ROM is the faster and the less "energyvore" of all the ones I've tried over the last months.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Hmm, maybe I will try a different canvas for the VZ peoples next update or either I will let some VZ users test a couple phone canvas' on a beta rom or two for VZ to see if I can resolve the issue. Speak up if your a VZ user and would like to beta test a phone canvas or two (if your having the issue with the phone canvas).

On another note, I uploaded a beta test of the stripped 6.5 titanium ROM if anyone wants to give it a go, it's in the test folder of the FTP (link to test folder if you don't know where my FTP is, is the last thing in post 1). A couple of notes though, it is a blank carrier ROM. You will also need to install your own MMS and or Provisioning CAB, the reason for that is because I am saving space (the MMS CABs are 4MB a piece, 12MB total for the 3 CABs). Sorry for the inconvenience, just ahead of time put them on your SD card and use the still included UC app to load them per usual instructions of the UC app from post 2. Storage and Program memory are really really good on this ROM, and so is the battery life
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development