PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 4-11-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
What do you guys think of these 2 screens.

Also, I put a better Stock Black Sense 2.5 theme on the FTP under the TSK directory.
I like those for wallpapers, but I have become partial to dark backrounds, I did find some plain wallpaper and used the newest version of bg4all and it seems to be working fine. But I can't seem to find a working taskbar. I've tried a couple and they really screwed things up. Anybody have a good working colored taskbar with a percentage battery meter on it?

BTW: Battery life has been really good for me so far on the 57 build!

Last edited by Comstar; 04-13-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
i think they would make very nice wallpapers. I haven't tried any of your themes. What all do they change? I really like this rom's current taskbar buttons.
Right now they just change the background. The blue square on changes the start menu button on the bottom left from green to blue, but i'm working on tweaking the blue square on a little more. On the online updater app, the files under the TSK section that are labeled with TSK (from ftp view) or is an image of titanium are only titanium themes. The ones that are labeled with Sense 2.5 (from ftp view) or the image is of manila (have to update the images today) are complete themes for Sense 2.5 (that vary in degrees of completeness). All Sense 2.5 themes will be all tabs, but some might contain a tweak here and there depending on what it is. More themes will come. I will have 4 total from the start, I just have to make some images for the TSK section of the updater app, and relink the pics for post 2. Should have the pics and images relinked and done later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
I like those for wallpapers, but I have become partial to dark backrounds, I did find some plain wallpaper and used the newest version of bg4all and it seems to be working fine. But I can't seem to find a working taskbar. I've tried a couple and they really screwed things up. Anybody have a good working colored taskbar with a percentage battery meter on it?

BTW: Battery life has been really good for me so far on the 57 build!
Just be careful bg4all can slow things down manila wise sometimes, that's why i don't use it. Taskbars are hard to come by for 6.5.x. The multi-colored one i was using had a couple broken icons in it (one reason I stopped using it) and the green one I really need to fix the dll for the volume icon thats in the top drop down menu.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 04-13-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you leave IE6 out of this latest release? Were Facebook or the Documents tab cooked into the lastest release? I use the skyfire but it did not work for me all the time on some of the websites that I need to access on a daily basis. Just asking before i think about flashing as I do like how you build yours for Verizon as it causes less tweaking on my part lol. Thanks in advance for your response and I can see that the latest release is just as awesome as your previous work, as I would expect nothing less.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsql View Post
Did you leave IE6 out of this latest release? Were Facebook or the Documents tab cooked into the lastest release? I use the skyfire but it did not work for me all the time on some of the websites that I need to access on a daily basis. Just asking before i think about flashing as I do like how you build yours for Verizon as it causes less tweaking on my part lol. Thanks in advance for your response and I can see that the latest release is just as awesome as your previous work, as I would expect nothing less.
Since I didn't feel like typing an answer, I quoted my answers from this thread for your questions. I put a couple extra in there cuz I thought it was funny.

IE question answered
03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcguru6912 View Post
Okay, I'm going to sound like an idiot, but why doesn't this latest build have internet explorer? Seriously? A Windows Mobile ROM without an integral piece made by Microsoft? And yes, most of us use Opera for just about everything but I DO need it to easily access my bank web site. The full version takes too long to load in Opera and will not load it's mobile version in Opera. So, anyone have IE as a .cab that I can install? Thanks for your help everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Quote:
Ok, since that question hasn't been asked in a while, I'll give ya the long answer.

So, in a ROM long long time ago..., I introduced my MH Updater App (that has been out of the last 2 updates due to me doing upgrades that I have been lazy/trying to get right, but will be in the next update). I wrote that app in VB 08'. Unfortunately there are some limitations to the webbrowser control in VB 08' thanks to MS not updating the control appropriately. Even in the 6.5 and 6.5.3 SDK/DTK's the browser is still not correct. This is because they are still wrapping that control with the old webview.dll from PIE from WM 6.1. WM 6.5 and 6.5.x use the shdocvw.dll for the newer IE6on6, as PIE is no longer used in WM and was replaced with IE6on6 for 6.5 and 6.5.x. Why oh why MS won't update the webbrowser control to be wrapped with the shdocvw.dll I will never know... So because the webbrowser control still looks for that webview.dll any app that you write in VB that uses a webbrowser control will absolutely not work right if at all on 6.5 and 6.5.x. So... where does that leave me? Well, since my programming knowledge obviously isn't extensive enough to rewrap the webbrowser control with the shdocvw.dll, I was left hax0ring in the old PIE to get the webbrowser control to function properly, because if I use PIE, it uses the webview.dll, and everything functions accordingly. So I mod every SYS to use PIE instead of IE6on6. And since PIE looks quite stoic compared to the newer versions, I left the link out (IE is still there just no link on the start menu). Only a couple people have complained since Opera and Skyfire (which skyfire IMO is better than both of them because it is as close to a true desktop browser experience as you'll find (flash support)). You can always link it back to the startmenu with a reg edit, or if everyone wants it back, I can relink it, but there is no need to cab install it. Also if there are any VB programming wizards out there that know how to get the webbrowser control to use shdocvw.dll instead of webview.dll feel free to let me know and we can go over code, otherwise it's old PIE to the rescue. Hope that answers that question.
Exactly what I figured
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
I'm with you on that Comstar... I thought it was either that, or the spetzer valve... it's all ball-bearings now days.
03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
I would just use Total Commander and browse the Windows folder then select the iexplore.exe executable and do File->the top option(mine shows >>>>> (A)->Create Shortcut then choose the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet folder as the destination folder. Viola shortcut back in Start Menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcguru6912 View Post
Yeah that was the ticket! Thanks man. Truly appreciate it. Wow, yeah. It's ugly too. No bookmarks even. But it does exactly what I need it too - shows the mobile version of BofA. I tried using Opera 10 and Skyfire but they just take way too long to load.
New release question answered
04-11-2010

Quote:
First post updated with new links. Some apps have been removed, but can be installed if you have them on your SD card on first boot, or through the MH Online Updater App. I uploaded some CAB files just now to the FTP. Just download through the app, and it will install into the appropriate directories for my ROM. Lot's of storage memory on this release, and program memory seems better. Doc and eReader tabs have been added. New twitter and facebook slider icons, and new theme and background. If something isn't there that you want that was before, check the MH Online updater cuz it might/probably will be there. Enjoy....

Last edited by dibbson; 04-13-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Post Re: <> 4-11-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

Ok, thanks my fault for asking...
Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

i'm not mad at ya. just thought it would be easy to quote since it was recent instead of retyping, also comstars and dawinkles comments were funny.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Dibbson, is there anyway to make it where i can pick my own wall papers for the home screen? I know you said its part of the manilla theme but the option is still there in the settings tab it just doesnt work. Also the taskbar color with the little fade transition is bugging me, always makes me think 6.5.x is positioned wrong, looks weird. Yes I am being selfish..lol

Edit: You know this is the still the best rom out there!

Last edited by PropagandaX; 04-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Moziah7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose107 View Post
I have tried six different cabs for the volume but none of them worked!!
Anybody find a working cab? No success for me either.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Talking Re: <> 4-11-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

Quote:
i'm not mad at ya. just thought it would be easy to quote since it was recent instead of retyping, also comstars and dawinkles comments were funny.
We all good for sure..Love your work and thanks for responding
Old 04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

dibbs, what ver of swype were you using on your 23551 Rom. I use it, but want to use the 1 you have already tested on your ROMs.

thanks in advance....tannerj

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development