PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeGray View Post
Ok I am a noob to this stuff but I have been flashing some roms over the past few days and I love this one! Thanks so much The only think that is driving me nuts is that I love to use the sms/mmms button on my keyboard and it opens the HTC messeging which doesn't seem to work right. I like the WM messeging and was wondering if there is a way to change it so that when I hit that button on my keyboard it will open the WM messeging app?
Well, I'm on 23549 atm testing, but used exactly the same packages as 23547 and the sms/mms button takes me to the wm messaging app. Are you on 23547?, because it should be the same on 47. And HTC Messaging works fine for me except for mms, you'll need to use wm default for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch1969 View Post
Hey dibbson

I'm using 23545 (sprint) and am having issue with YouTube. I read the forum pretty much every day, but haven't heard much about YouTube issues. I can play one YT video after a soft reset and then all subsequent videos show 'This video cannot be played'.

I'm thinking about putting 23547 on or the next one. In hopes that the problem goes away.

One thing I did do differently this last burn, was to do it from the SD card (something I have wanted to try and finally thought I would.) Have you ever heard of issues happening when installing from an SD card?
Hmm, i haven't had any issues with the new youtube app myself, and I did watch a few vids in a row the other night. Not sure why flashing from your SD would cause an issue with it either.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BrookeGray is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Ok I did a soft reset and it is opening wm messeging now
Old 03-20-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ryee34 is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Dibbs, would it be more convenient to leave Groovemobile out of your next update as it seems like the updating of this software is ongoing and the updates do not override but install in addition to the cooked in version. Unless there is a way to install and override that I am not aware. Just a heads up. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
ok jas0n, fixed the ICS for you, it will be rolled out in the next update.

@wonka, that link you gave doesn't work for 235xx roms, I tried, and who is using htc task manager with this com branch? I haven't seen anybody.
is the ICS a cab fix or needs to be cooked with the ROM? need to use my phone on Monday to hook up to an office computer so I don't have to mess with our firewall to allow our payroll company remotely access a computer's desktop.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm starting to shake!

Any news for the flash junkies?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Well, to be honest the sprint update is a mess to go through. I mean, I could just drop a sys update for 49 if you want. But honestly the sprint update is more or less a let down in allot of ways. It's seems very half *** put together. The manila version is different but i think that's just because they have the sprint tabs in there. Mainly what i'm doing is going through and seeing if they actually have newer drivers and what not. I looked through some stuff yesterday, but have been doing actual work for the last few hours today. And I know allot of people already dumped the sprint dump into their roms in various forms, but my roms are running pretty darn good right now, and I just don't want to dump abunch of new drivers and what not in there and screw everything up. I would rather take my time and add it in a little at a time. I know you flash junkie's are chomping at my heels, but hey... 47 was a pretty darn good release...........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes it is!

Just checking in.

I would rather you take your time and produce one of your solid roms rather than rush to just put something out!!!

I would also like to ask for a favor. Would you make the taskbar selection optional, like through a cab install??? For some reason, I don't get any signal bars with the new one or with any of Tsowen's that I have tried??? I assume I have just broken something with one of my installs. This has not happened before and I always install the same stuff????

Thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

I don't care about the taskbars (i can always cook myself my own custom rom, hehe), so it's whatever the general consensus is really. And yes, you broke it *points finger*, lol I have not had any taskbar signal bar issues. Like i've said before, I never install anything else on top of my rom. Mostly because to be honest the rom's that I upload are exactly what I want on my phone, so no need for me to really play with it any. Also, that helps me verify all the issues that you all report. If I do install something, it's just to test, and usually gets uninstalled and then made into an oem for the kitchen. If I do remove the taskbar, I would also remove the custom start menu button as I made that green to match the top taskbar. So... I guess.... I would have to put up a cab for the green and teh blue start menu button. You make me work too much wizzard. Anyways, if the general public wants the taskbar removed in favor of cab install, speak up, or forever hold your peace.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (EnergyROM) 28011

klynch1969 is a n00b

<dibbson> I agree. your roms are already better performers than anyone elses and I suspect way better than the Sprint rom.

I also wanted to let you know, that I did flash the new rom on page1 and it I see the new version of YouTube (which resolved my issue entirely.)

VERY HAPPY!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch1969 View Post
<dibbson> I agree. your roms are already better performers than anyone elses and I suspect way better than the Sprint rom.

I also wanted to let you know, that I did flash the new rom on page1 and it I see the new version of YouTube (which resolved my issue entirely.)

VERY HAPPY!!!
Glad that straightened things out for you, and your enjoying the rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development