PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DKSE is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

I vote for taskbar as cab install and for Arcsoft to be the default client, and Sense 2012.13 Maybe a 23549 rom will be up tonight? Or at least one in your test folder.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Signal bars work fine for me on the taskbar. Personally I really like the android taskbar etc included with this rom. However I would ok with a cab to install also (since we have this great autocab install feature). Whatever works for all.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSE View Post
I vote for taskbar as cab install and for Arcsoft to be the default client, and Sense 2012.13 Maybe a 23549 rom will be up tonight? Or at least one in your test folder.
Ok, I already kinda touched on the 2012 manila version difference in the 6.5 sprint update rom (2012.1225 and 2012.1324) in an earlier post, but I will explain a little further for you. One is the 2012 part. What does 2012 mean?.... 2012 means that these versions of manila were made in February of 2010. 20 = 2010 and 12 means february. The next two numbers 12 and 13, those were the day they were made. the 1 means it was within the first 9 days of the month with the second being the actual day. So the builds were made a day apart. The last two numbers i'm not sure of. But these two builds were built almost simultaneously or atleast compiled simultaneously, which led me to my earlier statement of the only difference is probably just the sprint music/nav/and tv manila tabs for the most part, and I don't think VZ/USC/or Telus user's want those tabs, lol. This also tells us about how long sprint had been playing with this version of the update round about, which would also explain the use of 21889 which came out around the middle of january with the next com 2 sys coming out right about the time they got their version of manila. So, if they tweaked the sys before hand, that would have gave them a little over a month to tweak their version of sense 2.5 which is plenty of time to fix some of the bugs that are present in the update, like the flip clock fix..... such a simple thing to fix, but somehow they left out the fix?....

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 03-22-2010 at 07:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Moziah7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, I already kinda touched on the 2012 manila version difference in the 6.5 sprint update rom (2012.1225 and 2012.1324) in an earlier post, but I will explain a little further for you. One is the 2012 part. What does 2012 mean?.... 2012 means that these versions of manila were made in February of 2010. 20 = 2010 and 12 means february. The next two numbers 12 and 13, those were the day they were made. the 1 means it was within the first 9 days of the month with the second being the actual day. So the builds were made a day apart. The last two numbers i'm not sure of. But these two builds were built almost simultaneously or atleast compiled simultaneously, which led me to my earlier statement of the only difference is probably just the sprint music/nav/and tv manila tabs for the most part, and I don't think VZ/USC/or Telus user's want those tabs, lol. This also tells us about how long sprint had been playing with this version of the update round about, which would also explain the use of 21889 which came out around the middle of january with the next com 2 sys coming out right about the time they got their version of manila. So, if they tweaked the sys before hand, that would have gave them a little over a month to tweak their version of sense 2.5 which is plenty of time to fix some of the bugs that are present in the update, like the flip clock fix..... such a simple thing to fix, but somehow they left out the fix?....
I always wondered what all those numbers meant! Thanks for the explanation! Not that it helped me because I STILL don't know what the hell all of that is about, but what I DO know is that you make a hellava ROM, my friend! LOL!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Ok, sprint/uscc test rom is up for download in the test folder. Here are the changes: SYS 23549, removed HTC Messaging, removed old people and messaging manila tab, added ported people and messaging tabs from sprint update rom, skin for default wm text app (let me know if you like this skin, just thought it would be different).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Downloading the test ROM now. Looking forward to it! I'll report back in the next day or two with my findings. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

np, hope u like it.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
np, hope u like it.
Downloading now - Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

cool, let me know what ya'll think of the wm txt skin, it was a last minute thing. just thought it might be something different. besides that, everything has been runnin pretty good for me with 49.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Dibbson - Could you check something and see if your able to turn off the SD encryption. Settings/security/encryption . I have a new kingston 4gb sd card and I can't flash from it. It looks like maybe after I flashed to the new stock rom somehow it screwed it up. I have been really fighting it. I just tried to uncheck encrypt files and it won't save the setting. It is checked by default on the 49 build I just flashed. So I guess watch out for that. But check yours if you could.

I'm going to reformat my sd card again and then hard reset
Edit: I reformatted my card - hard reset - looked and the box was unchecked. I then looked at it again and it was checked and won't turn off.

Last edited by Comstar; 03-23-2010 at 01:02 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development