PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Yeah, let me know, i tweaked something that maybe will fix your aGPS issue.... maybe....
Ok, I got the new rom flashed. I'm still having the issue with aGPS and google maps. "My Location" is still not working. After working on this issue for while, I found out that recent versions of google maps maybe having issues with "My Location" which uses cell tower triangulation (aGPS). However, I installed an older version of google maps (that is suppose to work with aGPS) and still had the problem. So I dunno.

BTW, After researching the problem I have found out that you should be able to Turn Off GPS within Google Maps, and My Location should still work with aGPS.

Here are some related links if anyone is interested:
- http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o.../#entry1186907
- http://www.google.com/support/forum/...b473b015&hl=en
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=google+maps

LANDSCAPE CLEAR TYPE FIX:
Regarding clear type being turned off in landscape, I still had the issue on your new rom. But I verified that installing "Nobody's ClearTypeInLandscape.cab" fixes the issue... You NEED to soft-reset after installing the cab for the changes to take effect. So whatever reg edits this cab does fixes the problem.

Outlook Issue:
Lastly, I am once again getting "Outlook E-mail" being stuck in the upper left hand corner after closing the email client. Once it is stuck I am forced to soft-reset to get things working normally again. Happened twice already, and I didn't notice that problem on the beta test.

Last edited by cls_; 02-21-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Also, is advanced configuration still installed? I couldn't find it on the latest rom.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

I took out advanced config, as i read on a few threads that it could cause aGPS to not work. I guess it didn't make a diff, lol. And i'm kinda clueless, these are all new packages for 2012, so it's weird that it's still not working. I might try cooking a rom with nothing but manila installed and see if that makes a diff. If it does, then it's another package causing the issues. Although, i've cooked a clean rom with nothing but the SYS files, and that didn't solve the sprint tv issues, i know your VZ, but these issues may somehow be related. It's just really weird that aGPS doesn't work when all the files are there and reg settings are correct. But hey, at least your weather and Gmaps are working, even if you have to turn on gps in the options for gMaps. But as always, i will continue to try and work these issues out. And far as tmail, personally i haven't had it do that out of the 3 or 4 days i've been running it, but thats just me. Although a new 235xx sys did drop today. 23540

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:27 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

damn 23540. nice.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Yeah, i got it on my comp now, just haven't played with it. Not sure what all the differences are between 23540 and 23534, but i'll probably build one tomorrow and see what it's got. Been playing with my website, setting up some forums actually. Almost got them ready, and been working on some new main page designs as well. Haven't worked on it in a couple days, so i thought i would tonight.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, got a test ROM up. New SYS is 23540 app changes are as follows: Pandora is back in, landscape clear type reg edit, removed Foxit PDF and replaced with Adobe PDF, Nitrogen media player, and advanced config is back in(since it didn't effect agps). Let me know what you think. Not sure what the internal changes are to the SYS yet, only had in on my phone for a couple hours.

http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/t...nse2.5Test.rar
Old 02-21-2010, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

On the ROM before the newly released test, I don't know if anyone noticed but the data connection icon in the taskbar(blue globe with signals bars over it) is a tad bit small. I've been using the following for quite a bit of time. It's the dll responsible for the icon and the reg file that tells the OS to use the provided dll. Dibbs, I, personally would enjoy a WM text message version(I am aware that I can still use it) but I can never get htc messaging to do MMS. If someone has this working please do share. The reg file is a zip due to PPC restrictions on registry files. Soft reset after you use it to see changes.

EDIT: If I don't make sense I'm sorry but it's my birthday and I'm slightly intoxicated. Goodday chaps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDMA_RSSI_PPC.zip (67.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip fixnetworkicon.zip (334 Bytes, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by 123sit; 02-21-2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Drunken Edit
Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Well, Happy Birthday man!! And when you say MMS doesn't work, does it not work in the regular WM text app either? I got another ROM i just uploaded actually. And everyone is probably gonna say, What are you thinking Dibbson? But i was bored and tired of working on the forum part of my website. It's a 23540 Titanium ROM, but it's pretty much completely stripped down. Besides a few base things from the SYS, the only things that were added were Wifi sharing, htc phone canvas, and my updater app. RAM percentage on first boot is 36%, storage = 279MB free, and Program = 116MB free. Pretty good. Basically it's a blank slate ROM to do what you want to with. Although, i will not be supporting this titanium ROM as it was just a fluke really that i made it.

http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/t...edTitanium.rar

And because i know i will keep getting the requests and posts, I have a non HTC Messaging 23540 Sense 2.5 version uploading now.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Well, Happy Birthday man!! And when you say MMS doesn't work, does it not work in the regular WM text app either? I got another ROM i just uploaded actually. And everyone is probably gonna say, What are you thinking Dibbson? But i was bored and tired of working on the forum part of my website. It's a 23540 Titanium ROM, but it's pretty much completely stripped down. Besides a few base things from the SYS, the only things that were added were Wifi sharing, htc phone canvas, and my updater app. RAM percentage on first boot is 36%, storage = 279MB free, and Program = 116MB free. Pretty good. Basically it's a blank slate ROM to do what you want to with. Although, i will not be supporting this titanium ROM as it was just a fluke really that i made it.

http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/t...edTitanium.rar

And because i know i will keep getting the requests and posts, I have a non HTC Messaging 23540 Sense 2.5 version uploading now.

Thanks Dibbs , the birthday wishes are greatly appreciated as is the non HTC Messaging ROM I actually didn't try the WM messaging, but it did work in the previous ROM. I kinda just like to use either or, except I can't get the HTC to work and I have def tried
Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Hey Dibbs. Still using the 2-19 23534 ROM and it's generally working very well for me. Love the looks, performance, and overall stability. Would love to see 100M of free RAM after boot but that's probably asking too much (and I get ~90MB which is pretty darn good for 6.5.x and sense 2.5).

Had a few quirky issues with it that I wanted to let you know about:

1. Sometimes I get stuck in Landscape mode. It's happened in mail, opera, and a few other apps. If I open and close the slider 1x or 2x everything resolves itself.

2. At some point, the windows start button no longer launches the applications screen. It always works for some time after a soft-reset. But somewhere along the way it quits working and I can't get any response to pressing the windows start hard button. A soft reset clears up this condition for awhile, but then it happens again

Agree with the other poster on the wifi icon -- it looks very nice but it's a little tiny. Either that, or I'm just gettin' too old! I may try 23540 just for yucks...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development