PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

It will be today. Just can't promise a time.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
Do you have Opera Mobile 10b2u installed?

Anyone know if you can edit the size of the context menus after the fact or is that something that is cooked in? It's a little too large for my liking. Thanks!
Hey, not sure if this will work for Opera Mobile 10b2u, but I figured out how to shrink the context/popup menus for the whole rom. I've been meaning to post this solution since I asked the question earlier in this thread, but never got around to it.

Go to Start->Utilities->Advanced Configuration. Under "User Interface" select "Popup menu font size", and set it to Standard, or customize it. I prefer Standard rather than Large.

On another note, just want to say THANKS to dibbson for the great work. I am using the 1/21 verizon rom, and can't wait for the next update. But no rush, I read you were not feeling good... Get better first.

Also, I wanted to say that this is still, by far, the best rom regarding memory management. Not sure what dibbson does, but it manages memory/RAM great. I tried a few other custom roms, and got annoyed by programs closing in the background in order to free up RAM. I have NOT had this problem yet with dibbson's rom. This is the #1 reason I switched off the stock roms to custom roms. I guess I just multitask too much... and need to single task more. lol.

BTW, How do you get Opera Mobile (v 9.5, I believe) to read the Windows/Favorites folder? I've used other custom roms where Opera Mobile reads the favorites, so I know it can be done, but I just can't get it working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First off want to say the sprint 23518 manilla rom is awesome! I am quite suprised more people arent in this thread talking about it. The battery life is sweet. Everything so far super stable. The shitty slow 2.5 messaging is yanked and the older one implemented well. (not sure what package it is but it rocks!) The ram is great and the taskbar at the top rules. So far its pretty functional. Quickmenu has more features but its annoying...

I have only noticed one issue and its with stereo bt jabra 620's Not sure if there are other stereo bt's with same issues, but it cut out every 45s-1m for 5s or so then continues. It's quite annoying but this is the most serious issue I have found. Everything else works pretty dang smooth!

Couple questions.

There is no incall recorder. Can I use the one from mikey's thread? Or is there something else that will work well?

I don't need a provisioning cab or anything for sprint/you cooked it in? Data didn't work till i inputted my number using opera.. (kinda weird..) but it seems to be working pretty good so far.

Also does the latest max manilla work?

Thanks for a great rom! You are top notch.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Has anyone else experienced the SIM card not ready when trying to send a text message through manila? Didn't have this on the previous version. Using 1-21-09.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

I hope you feel better Dibbson.

On a separate note, I noticed that my phone's incoming ring stopped working today. I uninstalled max manila 2.82a, and reset. That fixed the incoming ring.

I then installed max manila 2.81, and reset. Incoming ring still works. Looks like max manila 2.82a breaks the incoming phone ring.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Sorry for the delays guys, feeling pretty horrible. typing this from the couch, i will update everything as soon as i can. are those ringer issues with the 1-22 test rom?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Sorry for the delays guys, feeling pretty horrible. typing this from the couch, i will update everything as soon as i can. are those ringer issues with the 1-22 test rom?
My ringer is working fine on the new test Rom. I did need to go into the sound settings and re-choose a ringer to get it working. Hope you feel better man!

Also, a weird issue I have seen but might be related to something else I have installed, when I ignore a call it opens up an active sync instruction page as well as my comm manager. Can someone else test this and see if they get this as well.

Last edited by eman; 01-24-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

latinx is just getting started

The rom is by far the best so far!!! I love it!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ringer issues are with the 1/20 sense 2.5 wm 23518 ROM. Pay us no mind Dibbson, and just rest up. Things can wait till you get better.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

+1 for dibbs feeling better. Take your time bro, we can wait. Anticipation is half the game anyways.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development