PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Well, i've got my new FTP up and running now, but haven't finished transferring everything yet and changing links. The address for your browser is going to be a little different than the last one, but the interface is nicer though. Still haven't finished the website though, just a crappy underconstruction page as i'm still building it offline atm.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

I'm digging the new test ROM. I like the Checkmark and Cancel icons. I am getting a few freezes randomly but I am going to uninstall Opera 10b3 to see if that is the culprit. I do also have tons of contacts/emails/calender from Exchange and I'm not sure if adds to a speed decrease but upon initial boot it is lightning. Thanks again and I just kicked you some fiber finally.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Test rom is ok. The htc menu enhancement is drivin me nuts, too slow, doesnt add much IMO.

BTW, your current titanium rom is really fast even running mobile shell. Very snappy.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 02-13-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

The weather animation seems slow on this one this it is the HTC Menu Enhancement?

Other than that the location link is working and eveything else seems great.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
I'm digging the new test ROM. I like the Checkmark and Cancel icons. I am getting a few freezes randomly but I am going to uninstall Opera 10b3 to see if that is the culprit. I do also have tons of contacts/emails/calender from Exchange and I'm not sure if adds to a speed decrease but upon initial boot it is lightning. Thanks again and I just kicked you some fiber finally.

Test rom is working pretty good so far. However, AGPS and landscape clear type still a problem on verizon... maybe due to the verizon provisioning? Over all, I have had less problems so far on this test rom... only one freeze.

I also use exchange with tons of emails/contacts/calendar items, and the freeze I got happened when I added a few email folders to sync. So maybe the problems of freezing are related to exchange with multiple e-mail folders syncing.

Regarding HTC Menus, I like the interface better. It is much smoother, however at times it is slow at coming up.

I haven't notice any slow down on the weather animations. Still very quick for me.

Last edited by cls_; 02-13-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Test rom is working pretty good so far. However, AGPS and landscape clear type still a problem on verizon... maybe due to the verizon provisioning? Offer all, I have had less problems so far on this test rom... only one freeze.

I also use exchange with tons of emails/contacts/calendar items, and the freeze I got happened when I added a few email folders to sync. So maybe the problems of freezing are related to exchange with multiple e-mail folders syncing.

Regarding HTC Menus, I like the interface better. It is much smoother, however at times it is slow at coming up.

I haven't notice any slow down on the weather animations. Still very quick for me.
issues are probably mail related. Also agps is there this time, but google maps you HAVE to turn on the option "use gps" or it will not work. Once you turn that on the first time, your good to go for the rest. I get consistent 20 meters locks.

@jsnively= if you are experiencing slow down the only differences are the ones i listed, but i will probably get rid of the htc menu unhancement as it is a slow down.

@jas0nmack= thanks so much, i appreciate that

i'm also crossing my fingers for a newer 235xx SYS to come out soon, as 21892 just became available to me, i'll cook one of those soon as see if there is any diff.

Last edited by dibbson; 02-13-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
issues are probably mail related. Also agps is there this time, but google maps you HAVE to turn on the option "use gps" or it will not work. Once you turn that on the first time, your good to go for the rest. I get consistent 20 meters locks.
yeah, i tried that... doesnt work. when i start google maps and click for my location it say something along the lines of "your current location is unavaliable". but if i wait a few seconds until it gets a satalite lock then my location works with gps. In the past i could start google maps and it would have my location before a satalite lock, granted it was usually off by a few miles. Maybe this is an issue with the new google maps. any other way to test agps without google maps?

This is not that big deal to me since gps works very fast with quickGPS, but just letting you know.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post

@jsnively= if you are experiencing slow down the only differences are the ones i listed, but i will probably get rid of the htc menu unhancement as it is a slow down.

@jas0nmack= thanks so much, i appreciate that

i'm also crossing my fingers for a newer 235xx SYS to come out soon, as 21892 just became available to me, i'll cook one of those soon as see if there is any diff.
i can confirm that agps is still not working in google maps. The cleartype in landscape is still off too.
I've been using this rom since you uploaded it last night and i haven't had any freezes and i've had good battery life. VERY FAST TOO.
The tmail always sticking in landscape is the only thing stopin me from using this rom though. bummer.
Hey dibbson, i meant to ask you before...why your verizon provisioning cab is so huge? lol. plus it takes several minutes to install. literally...like 5 to 7 minutes...for one cab. painstakingly slow. just curious.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I haven't had any problem with the gps in google maps. I gives me my location within 20 meters.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
I haven't had any problem with the gps in google maps. I gives me my location within 20 meters.
yea...the gps works fine as i've stated before. it gives me within 10 meters. but the agps is broke.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development