PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 9<<6.5 NK-23506-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
Ok so I feel like an idiot. I just assumed that since it was in the baseline folder in the older kitchens that it got deleted somehow. ... I actually deleted the system icons folder.

Stupidity solved, lol. Thanks
hah, we all do that, me especially. I am just trying to clean up the kitchen, making it easier for new users to get the hang of.. If I can figure out RunCC, autorun will be going by the wayside...

I am probably going to make a new EXT just containing autorun'ed provxmls and mscr scripts. this way its all in one place and easy to figure out, kinda like how I have all my baseline branding stuff in one EXT. runCC gives MUCH more flexibility since it is LUA, as mortscript could do I think I can finally get rid of all the stupid manila start menu icons in this way..
Old 11-14-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
hah, we all do that, me especially. I am just trying to clean up the kitchen, making it easier for new users to get the hang of.. If I can figure out RunCC, autorun will be going by the wayside...

I am probably going to make a new EXT just containing autorun'ed provxmls and mscr scripts. this way its all in one place and easy to figure out, kinda like how I have all my baseline branding stuff in one EXT. runCC gives MUCH more flexibility since it is LUA, as mortscript could do I think I can finally get rid of all the stupid manila start menu icons in this way..
Sounds great.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

it's official:

runCC > autorun. wayy better, it disabled radio during the customizations too. and its super fast and cool looking!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

tonight's kitchen will include manila 2.5, but a great working version with no bugs that I have discovered yet... I updated most packages to 1920,1919.. from the latest calk kitchen. I still have not got VGA porting down.. anyway, let me know how the new 2.5 treats you all! good night
Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
tonight's kitchen will include manila 2.5, but a great working version with no bugs that I have discovered yet... I updated most packages to 1920,1919.. from the latest calk kitchen. I still have not got VGA porting down.. anyway, let me know how the new 2.5 treats you all! good night
Thanks much Raid

Time to flash a new ROM. I've been using the 11/3 kitchen on 23502 with manila 2.1 and it's worked great... mostly. Over the past week or so a wonderful bug has developed where the phone will ONLY roam and only on 1x, it will get extremely hot, and it destroys the battery.

Tonight was a bit of the last straw. Was supposed to go out longboarding with friends. Stopped at home to get some food and wait for a call. Phone was fully charged when I got home. Set it down in my room, made some food, sat around for a while. I've got an airave in my house, so there's perfect service everywhere here.

About an hour went by didn't hear from anyone, glanced at my phone and it didn't show a missed call or text by the LEDs on the front so I played some COD for an hour, never heard from my friends.

Turns out they tried to call me, but my phone had died at some point... probably before I even looked at it. Less than 45 minutes for a dead battery? Just plain awesome.

So time to cook again. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Edit: Ah-ha... I knew I'd end up with a question How about adding SASHIMI compliance to the ROM? I've already got a handful of things in SASHIMI I'm still too lazy to convert into OEM/EXTs to just be cooked in (also, this allows me to basically unzip your kitchen and go - no need to worry about copying things over to the new version). There's some instruction on the sashimi forums but it doesn't really match with your kitchen and I'm still too new to it. Thanks.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 11-15-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started

Quote:
Excellent release. And i love the runCC. Much better than autorun. Manila is very very stable too. Album bug is fixed, sms bug is still there obviously but it works on WM sms just fine.Contacts bug is FIXED. THIS IS GREAT! I may just keep this cooked rom for awhile.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Thanks much Raid

Time to flash a new ROM. I've been using the 11/3 kitchen on 23502 with manila 2.1 and it's worked great... mostly. Over the past week or so a wonderful bug has developed where the phone will ONLY roam and only on 1x, it will get extremely hot, and it destroys the battery.

Tonight was a bit of the last straw. Was supposed to go out longboarding with friends. Stopped at home to get some food and wait for a call. Phone was fully charged when I got home. Set it down in my room, made some food, sat around for a while. I've got an airave in my house, so there's perfect service everywhere here.

About an hour went by didn't hear from anyone, glanced at my phone and it didn't show a missed call or text by the LEDs on the front so I played some COD for an hour, never heard from my friends.

Turns out they tried to call me, but my phone had died at some point... probably before I even looked at it. Less than 45 minutes for a dead battery? Just plain awesome.

So time to cook again. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Edit: Ah-ha... I knew I'd end up with a question How about adding SASHIMI compliance to the ROM? I've already got a handful of things in SASHIMI I'm still too lazy to convert into OEM/EXTs to just be cooked in (also, this allows me to basically unzip your kitchen and go - no need to worry about copying things over to the new version). There's some instruction on the sashimi forums but it doesn't really match with your kitchen and I'm still too new to it. Thanks.
airaves do not produce perfect service. they do not regenerate evdo, therefore your phone will still get hot and battery will suck, will still constantly try to switch between 1x and evdo. the airave only repeats 1x, as you can see when your phone switches to 1x, you get full bars (in a call). I have an airave and it works for calls but does nothing for data. I have had trouble with Touch Pro's shutting down randomly even with a good charged battery, I just go to get my phone and it's off, I turn it on and it has the critical battery message. This has happened on stock ROM, other ROM's a few times with my ROM's too. I think its the radio, I am using the stock sprint radio. With the new release though I am using dcd's sprint carrier package. it comes with a new PRL, which I have to say is a great improvement. it seems crazy, but before I was using dcd's carrier, I had no bars in my house (except when on a call, thanks to airave) but now I have like 3 bars in my house! its crazy. I know signal bars are not all that, but even when I do ##debug#, I see -78dbm rx power! I am a believer than PRL can do a lot now. Anyway my point is I think the behavior you describe is considered normal in Touch Pro world, at least it is for me in my house where I have no service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
Excellent release. And i love the runCC. Much better than autorun. Manila is very very stable too. Album bug is fixed, sms bug is still there obviously but it works on WM sms just fine.Contacts bug is FIXED. THIS IS GREAT! I may just keep this cooked rom for awhile.
thanks a lot!
maybe I will make this one an "official" ROM release, not just available in the kitchen..

I agree this manila is pretty sweet, I cannot wait for yozgatg's version, he may make a manila man of me yet..

edit: Drake, if you don't use my latest nightly kitchen to make yourself a new ROM with the new PRL, I suggest installing dcd's carrier cab or doing a PRL update. see if it helps the situation

Last edited by raidzero; 11-15-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

can i just update the htc components etc that you upgraded and still use 2.1? since i have errors with that weather feature.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
can i just update the htc components etc that you upgraded and still use 2.1? since i have errors with that weather feature.
I don't know... they changed a lot with 2.5, look at the manila_files section for example. Not sure if you can do that.. I wouldn't think so...

ya know I think it may be the alltel carrier package you have? that is the only difference between me and you and the others whose mylocation is working fine?

edit: you mean in 1_system... try it out, might cause troubles with the other manila 2.1 dependencies, you can try upgrading those too though. only the ones that exist in 2.1, as 2.5 adds a TON, which is why it gets a 32mb PP by default.

Last edited by raidzero; 11-15-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
I don't know... they changed a lot with 2.5, look at the manila_files section for example. Not sure if you can do that.. I wouldn't think so...

ya know I think it may be the alltel carrier package you have? that is the only difference between me and you and the others whose mylocation is working fine?
yeah i haven't seen if there's a newer one.. since verizon technically still says alltel contracts are "Different" and as far as i know i have newest prl "OTA" has not the newest on Alltel PRL site

i do believe i took the alltel carrier EXT from calks kitchen tho.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development