PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 9<<6.5 NK-23506-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

OK guys I have got this 2.5 running really well IMO, almost as good as 2.1 (minus sms of course) tonight's kitchen will be MUCH better, but in my tweaking I broke my location... I will work on that tomorrow, I am off for now have a good night.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

my llocation doesn't even work in 2.1 for me... but my gps works in google etc...
Old 11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

continuously trying to see if i could get my location to work i noticed the new kitchen deletes all my _skip files in the EXT folder upon flashing the rom. so i guess im going back to a older kitchen.

edit:
also since im stuck with 2.5 for another hour or so since rz bandwidth on the kitchen went slow lately SMS in 2.5 shows me the text but when i hit all messages nothing works. unless thats the sms bug. :shrug:

i also tried cooking in carrier cab and using UC to add it and my location always just gave up looking for weather after a minute. and sometimes did "connection error". tried with data connection on and off. even tried a different radio that someone said worked with 2.5 rom from indagroove... maybe my phone just broken in that aspect.

photos and music don't work in landscape as i thought those were only two ported. two power icons and two video icons.

Last edited by z0mbiexx; 11-14-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Oddly enough I've never had problems w/my location even in 2.5.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Oddly enough I've never had problems w/my location even in 2.5.
For me it won't work when I'm at home because I live in the boonies and I'm pretty sure it can't get a fix on a weather location where I live . . . but whenever I'm in town it works just fine.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

I was wrong about breaking my location, it just didn't work until i went outside.. something with 2.5 though is the weather animations SLOW manila too much.. if its in the middle of one of its camera flare things, better not try to slide up the quick launcher... because even after the weather icon is off the screen the little animation continues to play, when its sunny the rays come out and go across the screen, slide it away and they are still there... I'm sure it is not supposed to be like that, aside from that I have 2.5 running very well. aside from that the stability blows.. It froze on me twice today requiring a soft reset. (but I dont think that si non fixable, if you look at the packages in my kitchen I have very old mixed with very new.. should update them all like the real chefs do, the same OEM/ext base has folowed me for the past 3 months...

Last edited by raidzero; 11-14-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just re-cooked and am flashing now with the new kitchen. So far I've been happy with it. It's usable for me. I have every expectation that 2.5 will get better in the next few weeks.

Side note, I don't do a flash dance whenever I reflash (back to stock, then custom rom). Am I supposed to? I saw that other people do. What are the benefits to this?
Old 11-14-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Last night's kitchen is corrupt, and I think the night before was also.

Problem: mxip_startmenu.provxml is missing from RZ\EXT\Baseline\6_end\zzzzzzzz_Baseline\files and subsequently causes a crash on startup when customization occurs. Phone freezes and it kicks out an error about the provxml is missing.

Solution: I copied the mxip_startmenu.provxl from an older kitchen and put it in last night's. It worked fine. No crash.

Just thought I'd throw that out there because it appeared to be missing in 2 kitchens in a row and I had an error with customization in the last kitchen, just couldn't narrow it down. Cheers

Last edited by Nazgul07; 11-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
I just re-cooked and am flashing now with the new kitchen. So far I've been happy with it. It's usable for me. I have every expectation that 2.5 will get better in the next few weeks.

Side note, I don't do a flash dance whenever I reflash (back to stock, then custom rom). Am I supposed to? I saw that other people do. What are the benefits to this?
I dont flash to stock either, but I do flash without the battery, when its done it shuts off, obiovusly, then I hit the power button a few times, insert battery, do a hardware hard reset and then let it boot and I'm good to go. o(only do this on my phone that I use, just for tests I usually dont even go into bootloader manually..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
Last night's kitchen is corrupt, and I think the night before was also.

Problem: mxip_startmenu.provxml is missing from RZ\EXT\Baseline\6_end\zzzzzzzz_Baseline\files and subsequently causes a crash on startup when customization occurs. Phone freezes and it kicks out an error about the provxml is missing.

Solution: I copied the mxip_startmenu.provxl from an older kitchen and put it in last night's. It worked fine. No crash.

Just thought I'd throw that out there because it appeared to be missing in 2 kitchens in a row and I had an error with customization in the last kitchen, just couldn't narrow it down. Cheers
I have been building with the kitchen with no problems.. start menu works fine. I will check out the archives that are created.thanks for the info

I moved the start menu file into the 6_end\RZ_System Icons

Last edited by raidzero; 11-14-2009 at 05:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok so I feel like an idiot. I just assumed that since it was in the baseline folder in the older kitchens that it got deleted somehow. ... I actually deleted the system icons folder.

Stupidity solved, lol. Thanks

Last edited by Nazgul07; 11-14-2009 at 05:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development