PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 15<<6.5 NK-23506-TF3d 2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi Complia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
Ok well I can't even get this dialer to cook in. I put the EXT packages in the 6_end folder and even renamed them so that they would be processes last. But after flashing I only get a crappy HTC dialer. it really is visually unimpressive. what am I doing wrong? or anyone know what kind of packages can interfere with this?... ...side note. the app.dat file in these packages is empty... that mean anything?

EDIT... now i see text in the app.dat file. I must be having some problems.
the only thing we need to keep in app.dat is the entry for phcanVGA.lnk, it makes it fit on vga screen at startup. the skin itself has no app.dat. have you been able to add other packages to the kitchen?? btw the default crap dialer is not from HTC, its from MS. so when you add in my EXT's I just posted do you get any of the files to go into the \windows directory on the phone?
\winodws\SmartDial*.bmp for example?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 15<<6.5 NK-23506-TF3d 2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi Complia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
the only thing we need to keep in app.dat is the entry for phcanVGA.lnk, it makes it fit on vga screen at startup. the skin itself has no app.dat. have you been able to add other packages to the kitchen?? btw the default crap dialer is not from HTC, its from MS. so when you add in my EXT's I just posted do you get any of the files to go into the \windows directory on the phone?
\winodws\SmartDial*.bmp for example?
Yup Yup they went to the windows folder. Looking at them now.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

have you added anything else to the kitchen? make sure the dialer is installed last, just for now make a folder in EXT called 10_nazgul or something (so it is truly last) and put the phone EXTs in there..?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah I have other packages added. but none go before these. And none that should interfere with a dialer. The only thing i added about the same time I started having this problem is some custom icons from indagroove, but that package only puts icons in the windows folder and then i have to install a cab to activate them. and this happens without that cab installed.

I will try what you suggest and make a new folder. ... i'll post back with and update in about 10 mins.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah I have other packages added. but none go before these. And none that should interfere with a dialer. The only thing i added about the same time I started having this problem is some custom icons from indagroove, but that package only puts icons in the windows folder and then i have to install a cab to activate them. and this happens without that cab installed.

I will try what you suggest and make a new folder. ... i'll post back with and update in about 10 mins.
might also try downloading last nights kitchen and replacing the dialer packages with the ones I just posted and seeing if that happens, to narrow down if there is a problem in the kitchen or in the way it runs on your PC..
Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lat, I did not check my mail until now. Thanks for the donation!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
might also try downloading last nights kitchen and replacing the dialer packages with the ones I just posted and seeing if that happens, to narrow down if there is a problem in the kitchen or in the way it runs on your PC..
Already have last night's kitchen. ... but good news. Making that new folder worked. I wonder what was causing it, because it had to be something in either the carrier folder or registry folder. ... perhaps the carrier. I had been using and old Sprint carrier package from an old kitchen cause I had an issue with the new one. But it's all good now I fixed that issue so i use the new one when I just cooked. Not sure if that was it, but whatever it was it's all good now. Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Already have last night's kitchen. ... but good news. Making that new folder worked. I wonder what was causing it, because it had to be something in either the carrier folder or registry folder. ... perhaps the carrier. I had been using and old Sprint carrier package from and old kitchen cause I had an issue with the new one. But it's all good now I fixed that issue so i use the new one when I just cooked. Not sure if tha twas it, but whatever it was it's all good now. Thanks
glad to hear it.. my money's on the carrier you're using. I really like the sprint carrier I have in there, the PRL it comes with is awesome for my location.. why are you using a sprint carrier package on alltel/vzw?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

About the carrier. . . I always install a dcd carrier cab for alltel... and i wonder if that interferes with My Location. . . would using the sprint carrier affect me in anyway even though I have an Alltel TP?

Side note: ... the dcd alltel cab i install doesn't appear to have a PRL in it. so should I still be using the Sprint PRL after install?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Anyone else not get any sound when an alarm is set. The alarm sets and goes off (message on screen), but no sound.

Is there any way to speed up the weather animation? It used to be faster on previous kitchens. It's really dragging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development