PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 15<<6.5 NK-23506-TF3d 2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi Complia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
yeah look in the kitchen.cmd script:

I wonder if any alltel customers have sen mylocation work at all on any ROM... I am starting to wonder
i don't suppose the "CPY1/CPY2" feature of a SDconfig is able to be put in the kitchen.cmd?
Old 11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 15<<6.5 NK-23506-TF3d 2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi Complia

Quote:

I wonder if any alltel customers have sen mylocation work at all on any ROM... I am starting to wonder
I have gotten it to work when in in town (im alltel... I use dcd carrier CAB after cooking. it's just easier for me to install afterwords to make sure data works)

EDIT: After remembering I must admit that it wasnt in this kitchen. the day it worked was when I flashed to TopazSmoke 2.5 RoM to see how the progress on manila was. That was before indagroove posted the new sense rom.

Last edited by Nazgul07; 11-15-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7

I flashed "23506 ROM (Titanium & Manila 2.1)" and I just love it. Its so fast, its what I was looking for. I haven't been on this site in awhile, so I still had a old ROM flashed and my phone has been acting up so I deiceded to come on here at a friends house to update it. I have Vista on my computer and for some reason its obviously not the same process to flashing a ROM from a computer that has windows...So I found this ROM, love it. SO fast, SO smooth. Just what I was looking for. I did try the 2.5 in NRG's ROM but it was still laggy and I didn't want to mess with it till things were fixed up. I have been using NRG's ROMs since I got my phone. But the 2.5 is still in beta so I didn't want to take chances, Ok well the only thing I find difficult about this ROM is that in some places like when using Opera there is no "X" to close the applications..which means i have to go t the Task Manager to close them out which gets annoying sometime. Anyone else having some type of problem with this too?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
I flashed "23506 ROM (Titanium & Manila 2.1)" and I just love it. Its so fast, its what I was looking for. I haven't been on this site in awhile, so I still had a old ROM flashed and my phone has been acting up so I deiceded to come on here at a friends house to update it. I have Vista on my computer and for some reason its obviously not the same process to flashing a ROM from a computer that has windows...So I found this ROM, love it. SO fast, SO smooth. Just what I was looking for. I did try the 2.5 in NRG's ROM but it was still laggy and I didn't want to mess with it till things were fixed up. I have been using NRG's ROMs since I got my phone. But the 2.5 is still in beta so I didn't want to take chances, Ok well the only thing I find difficult about this ROM is that in some places like when using Opera there is no "X" to close the applications..which means i have to go t the Task Manager to close them out which gets annoying sometime. Anyone else having some type of problem with this too?
Yeah that's a general lack of feature in 6.5.1. But it can easily be fixed my installing Showcase .... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03&postcount=3 there ya go
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EDIT to previous post. You may just want to download the older version (1.0.1) because the position fix is already in the ROM. and it may break the rom if you install the suite. The older version is in that post.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
EDIT to previous post. You may just want to download the older version (1.0.1) because the position fix is already in the ROM. and it may break the rom if you install the suite. The older version is in that post.

Thanks a bunches!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok Raid. . . Whenever I edit the Start Kitchen.cmd with my cab lines the kitchen throws up errors when I start it "The system cannot find the path specified" multiple time (the same amount of cabs).
I put my cabs in the kitchen (I assumed I put them in the RZ_AutoRunItems folder).. and i even tried editing Baseline.txt with the cabs like the other files in it, but they just get deleted when the kitchen runs. ... I let it cook and flashed but the cabs didnt install... what am I doing wrong?
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just installed it and did a soft reset and now its stuck on the "Launching TouchFLO 3D" screen...
Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 9<<6.5 NK-23506-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
airaves do not produce perfect service. they do not regenerate evdo, therefore your phone will still get hot and battery will suck, will still constantly try to switch between 1x and evdo. the airave only repeats 1x, as you can see when your phone switches to 1x, you get full bars (in a call). I have an airave and it works for calls but does nothing for data. I have had trouble with Touch Pro's shutting down randomly even with a good charged battery, I just go to get my phone and it's off, I turn it on and it has the critical battery message. This has happened on stock ROM, other ROM's a few times with my ROM's too. I think its the radio, I am using the stock sprint radio. With the new release though I am using dcd's sprint carrier package. it comes with a new PRL, which I have to say is a great improvement. it seems crazy, but before I was using dcd's carrier, I had no bars in my house (except when on a call, thanks to airave) but now I have like 3 bars in my house! its crazy. I know signal bars are not all that, but even when I do ##debug#, I see -78dbm rx power! I am a believer than PRL can do a lot now. Anyway my point is I think the behavior you describe is considered normal in Touch Pro world, at least it is for me in my house where I have no service.

edit: Drake, if you don't use my latest nightly kitchen to make yourself a new ROM with the new PRL, I suggest installing dcd's carrier cab or doing a PRL update. see if it helps the situation
I've already got DCD's carrier cab installed - and I flashed the newest Sprint ROM before switching to your kitchen from Juicy's ROMs simply because it contained the latest Sprint PRL.

Yeah, I know the Airave only gives out a 1xrtt signal and it isn't just a repeater. If it were repeating a signal that were in the area it wouldn't work by me, because there's nothing available to repeat :P Interestingly enough, the hardware in the Airave supports EVDO, but it's disabled. Maybe they will enable it with a future firmware update, because I know the other companies femtocells support 3G. Even so, this is definitely unrelated to that though.

I have ZERO EVDO coverage out at my house, so it's 1x only. In the past, and when I first flashed, it worked alright. A couple of days after the flash it will sometimes say EVDO and show full signal, which I know isn't correct... but I figured it was just an icon issue.

It's done the same thing when I'm out and about, at work, where I have decent service (and EVDO coverage). It will be roaming, stuck on 1x, be slow, and get extremely hot. A soft reset (or radio toggle) solves the issue. If I just toggle the radio off and on again, as soon as it switches to 1x for a text, it won't switch back, then it will roam, then it will die. A soft reset was the only "fix" in that it would make it a couple of hours before getting stuck again.

It hasn't happened since I switched to last night's kitchen. Maybe it's a bug of the past.

Which is still giving me intermittent issues too. The Weather settings page didn't display, I just figured it was broken. I did a hard reset here at work because I changed some of my sashimi info around and wanted to start clean. Poof, now the weather page works again, among a few other things. Another hard reset later and it doesn't work again. Seems to be luck of the draw.

Only other issue I'm having is the internet tab in TF3D opens up PIE instead of Opera. Not sure where to change that but this latest manila build still needs some things worked out so I'm not going to worry myself over it quite yet.

Thanks again for your hard work

Oh, also, it was getting stuck in 1x on both the newest Sprint radio and my old favorite, the Telus radio. Was definitely a software issue, but who knows what it was.

Edit: I tried sashimi compliance based on the old thread in their forums about it. It's just a basic version of mortscript (enough to run sashimi). It's supposed to run at the end of the AutoRun. Since you switched to RunCC, it seems to cause some issues. What luck on the timing, huh So, it's not worth worrying about for now, it's only one extra step to run the exe after it's done setting up. I'll just convert all my programs to exts so it's more automated... one of these days.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 11-15-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
Ok Raid. . . Whenever I edit the Start Kitchen.cmd with my cab lines the kitchen throws up errors when I start it "The system cannot find the path specified" multiple time (the same amount of cabs).
I put my cabs in the kitchen (I assumed I put them in the RZ_AutoRunItems folder).. and i even tried editing Baseline.txt with the cabs like the other files in it, but they just get deleted when the kitchen runs. ... I let it cook and flashed but the cabs didnt install... what am I doing wrong?
the cabs are in EXT\Baseline\zzzzzz_last\zzzzzzzz_Baseline\files in his older kitchen and then you add those lines and it works fine. i also get the path not found thing but they cook in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development