View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 9<<6.5 NK-23506-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
tonight's kitchen will include manila 2.5, but a great working version with no bugs that I have discovered yet... I updated most packages to 1920,1919.. from the latest calk kitchen. I still have not got VGA porting down.. anyway, let me know how the new 2.5 treats you all! good night
Thanks much Raid

Time to flash a new ROM. I've been using the 11/3 kitchen on 23502 with manila 2.1 and it's worked great... mostly. Over the past week or so a wonderful bug has developed where the phone will ONLY roam and only on 1x, it will get extremely hot, and it destroys the battery.

Tonight was a bit of the last straw. Was supposed to go out longboarding with friends. Stopped at home to get some food and wait for a call. Phone was fully charged when I got home. Set it down in my room, made some food, sat around for a while. I've got an airave in my house, so there's perfect service everywhere here.

About an hour went by didn't hear from anyone, glanced at my phone and it didn't show a missed call or text by the LEDs on the front so I played some COD for an hour, never heard from my friends.

Turns out they tried to call me, but my phone had died at some point... probably before I even looked at it. Less than 45 minutes for a dead battery? Just plain awesome.

So time to cook again. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Edit: Ah-ha... I knew I'd end up with a question How about adding SASHIMI compliance to the ROM? I've already got a handful of things in SASHIMI I'm still too lazy to convert into OEM/EXTs to just be cooked in (also, this allows me to basically unzip your kitchen and go - no need to worry about copying things over to the new version). There's some instruction on the sashimi forums but it doesn't really match with your kitchen and I'm still too new to it. Thanks.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 11-15-2009 at 03:06 AM.