PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied2u View Post
I was able to update my weather last night, but when I woke up this AM it wouldn't update.....so, I'm having the same problem.
Once mine wouldn't update then I checked the GPS and it would not locate Sats. I walked outside and the GPS locked in and then the weather updated.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

julied2u is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
Once mine wouldn't update then I checked the GPS and it would not locate Sats. I walked outside and the GPS locked in and then the weather updated.
Tried...still not updating
Old 10-10-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

That weather update is strange.. Its happening to me too.. I have 3 other cities and they all update. My google maps even finds me.. I ran the HTC GPS utility and it finds 8 sats.. Weird...
Old 10-10-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Weather update is suddenly down for me as well. I'm thinking this is a problem on Google's end.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeeks4ME View Post
Weather update is suddenly down for me as well. I'm thinking this is a problem on Google's end.
I just tried again and it's working. I am in a major city though. Maybe the weather server they use for your area is down or something...
Old 10-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: "Touch pro" wap, mms, gps
Carrier: metro

SPEED_RACER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
The first thing that I needed on my phone was TOMTOM, otherwise this ROM would be useless to me.
I was able to successfully install version 7.45. On first install it was unable to find any maps. I soft reset, reinstalled over the previous one and then it just worked. Make sure you are installing TOMTOM to the device and leaving the maps on the SD Card
Good luck.....
Yeah me too if I can't get it to work I'll have to change roms..But yeah The way it's installed is not the problem, I've got all that down, maps on sd and tomtom on device..But when I flashed the new rom I didn't save tomtom app So it deleted it of course and now it won't allow me to run the cab..Either on device or sd card, It never starts...Only thing I can think of is reflash another rom install tomtom and save it to sd and then install energy rom again..In my case it never mattered if it was installed on device or sd, it still found the maps

Last edited by SPEED_RACER; 10-10-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: "Touch pro" wap, mms, gps
Carrier: metro

SPEED_RACER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
This is starting to sound more like an SD card problem. Maybe a corrupt filesystem on it. May want to try and back the card up, reformat it then reload it...
Well even with the sd card removed you should still be able to install tomtom on the device just like any other cab but no go...It'll run for ever trying to install..Thanks
Old 10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Still no weather or google maps location, no weather updates at all. I am even an hour away from home in Kansas City. Tried stock & verizon radio which was workin perfectly at 2 am. At least I am not alone it seems......
Old 10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Blah.. i wonder when this update is coming..
Old 10-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

Toymakerrb is a n00b

I just installed the weather Chrome update with the Touch flo off and the phone locked up, reset the phone and now it will not come back up. Is there anything I can try? When I turn on the phone it gets to the black screen that says Touch pro and then the red writing appears at the bottom telling what rom is on the phone but it doesn't do anything else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro