PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I guess I can back up the ringer issue by blaming it on the dialer. One of the first programs I reinstall after flashing is Iconsofts PhonEx. I use it as my primary dialer and choose the setting to disable other dialers and all works for me fine with my ringers.
The only problem I've been having is more of a delayed ring issue. It seems to ring 4 or 5 times on the other end before my phone rings at all. My guess though is that its a network issue as Sprint reception around where I live and work is not the best.

Battery: For those of you wondering how battery life is, I think that it is better than previous ROMs. I have not installed Lumos or MaxBattery yet and my phone went 12+ hours of regular use today before I had to switch batteries. Thats good for me since I have crappy service coverage where I work.
I did do a couple soft resets today though because things seemed a bit laggy - mostly taxting in Sense. I have less than 25 texts in my inbox so I doubt thats an issue.
I've gotten pretty good of opening texts, tyoing it out on the KB than flipping it closed and hitting send. NOt a big problem for me. However, there is a big text delay, in some cases several hours. I sent my wife a few texts today and one of the ones I sent this morning was recieved after I got home from work tonight. She recieved other thexts that I sent her though. Some of the ones she sent me took a while too. Again, I don't think its a ROM issue, rather a network issue.

Daivd

Last edited by DaveTN; 11-11-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I guess I can back up the ringer issue by blaming it on the dialer. One of the first programs I reinstall after flashing is Iconsofts PhonEx. I use it as my primary dialer and choose the setting to disable other dialers and all works for me fine with my ringers.
The only problem I've been having is more of a delayed ring issue. It seems to ring 4 or 5 times on the other end before my phone rings at all. My guess though is that its a network issue as Sprint reception around where I live and work is not the best.

Battery: For those of you wondering how battery life is, I think that it is better than previous ROMs. I have not installed Lumos or MaxBattery yet and my phone went 12+ hours of regular use today before I had to switch batteries. Thats good for me since I have crappy service coverage where I work.
I did do a couple soft resets today though because things seemed a bit laggy - mostly taxting in Sense. I have less than 25 texts in my inbox so I doubt thats an issue.
I've gotten pretty good of opening texts, tyoing it out on the KB than flipping it closed and hitting send. NOt a big problem for me. However, there is a big text delay, in some cases several hours. I sent my wife a few texts today and one of the ones I sent this morning was recieved after I got home from work tonight. She recieved other thexts that I sent her though. Some of the ones she sent me took a while too. Again, I don't think its a ROM issue, rather a network issue.

Daivd
+1 on the delayed sms issue.
I also think it is Sprint's servers as sometimes a text goes through in seconds and other times it takes HOURSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

Do not think it is a rom issue but it just started about the same time as flashing. LOL
It is very delayed most of the time.
My device says sent and it shows active sending but then the other party doesn't get the message for hours.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8nkE View Post
is anyone else having problems flashing EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5 using an sd card. I'm getting stuck in the boot screen.
Yes Me too! but dosent matter if I flash from PC or SD... Please post solution if you find one. Im back on 23081 10-22, which is still an awesome build by the way.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

what is the latest stable version. I cannot handle the ring issues in 2.5 and dont want to use WM dialer. I have the 10/25 build or i can grab the EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_Standard.rar ... any thoughts on which is more stable? thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Try sending yourself a new message and then opening it.
That may clear the unread message problem.

If not there is an unread message cab around here somewhere. LOL
Not sure if it is in this thread or not.
Have never tried it myself.
Thought it was going to work but it didn't. Thanks for the idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1519862

Read the thread, it should work.

EDITED, not TP2
I thought this wasn't going to work, but just now it finally went away. Thanks for this!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

imzack is a n00b

Where do you find build 10-22??? and my biggest problem is that i have alot of text messages, and it takes forever to load when i wanna text.. what build would be the best for me, any suggestions? Thanks
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mephikristiles is a n00b

I can't install Juicy Western EZInput on the Nov 10th 21864. I keep getting an error saying it can't be installed because it's not digitally signed with a trusted certificate. Any ideas?

EDIT--nevermind. Re-downloaded the .cab (although the one I already had worked perfectly on Nov 5th) and now all's well.

Last edited by mephikristiles; 11-12-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Issue Solved
Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
what is the latest stable version. I cannot handle the ring issues in 2.5 and dont want to use WM dialer. I have the 10/25 build or i can grab the EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_Standard.rar ... any thoughts on which is more stable? thanks
You may not have to disable the dialer. Japan704 posted a fix and so far so good (knock on wood-my head )for me.
Go Start/Tools/Tweaks/TouchProTweaks 1.4 Disable Mute Ring, then goto HTC Volume Control under Tweaks and select One control for both system and ringer. I know the display is WM but I followed the instructions and have been ringing for hours. Not confirmed yet and I dont know how important the HTC Volume part is but at least two others have tried it and it's working for them. We gotta give it oh 12-24 hours to see if the ringer holds. Hope that helps.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

stimpson is a n00b

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I cant find an answer for this....

In the settings|screen section there us to be a way to change from landscape to portrait orientation...but not in the last few builds.

What is the easiest way to set up to switch between landscape and portrait mode.

I use Voice command so I cant set up long press send to be a rotate button.

I am on 23504 10 Nov Standard

Thanks,
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All right. So is there a way to map the left softkey on the home screen to launch essentially what used to be the "All Programs" softkey in manilla 2.1? I have tried folderview.exe and its just not the same. Does anyone know where the old "All Programs" softkey pointed to? And if we could bring it back and map it on the home screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro