PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
Anyone else having the problem with the contacts tab where it only dials one number no matter which number you select.. Its not only in the tab either.. it is when using the manilla contacts also.. When i use the default windows dialer everything is fine.. Sorry if this has been addressed already.. I have already applied the contacts patch but apparently that has nothing to do with it

anyone?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
anyone?
I'm running the latest 8/11 Standard. If I go to the People Tab and have a contact with a mobile number and a work number...I can hit the mobile icon and Tachi opens and dials the mobile. If I hit work...it dials the work number. Text...opens texting. Clicking on the contact picture brings up their contact card. I can do everything from there too.

If I go into "All People"...same deal, it calls whatever number I select for the contact if there are multiple entries.

I haven't applied any fixes, since I'm pretty sure it was cooked into this version.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I could use a hand understanding something I just noticed -- it's probably a carrier (sprint) thing, or maybe a Windows phone thing, or maybe even an HTC thing -- I certainly don't think it's a ROM thing, but anyways it's something I don't understand and I can't seem to search down the answer.

Why can't the network, phone, dialer, other software, or whatever handle a PLUS (+) symbol at the beginning of the phone number? This is just a curiosity, it's not an issue.

Details: I don't add a (+) to my contacts, but Google Voice does, and that's why I am suddenly seeing this happen. If I 'Quick Save' a contact from a call entry on the Google Voice website it adds a PLUS (+) symbol in front of the phone number, which eventually syncs over the air with my phone creating a situation where when I dial that contact it actually dials, for example, +19701234567 -- and then the call fails with two horrible audible 'burps' over the speakerphone speaker after which I get disconnected from the cell network for about 5 seconds. If the same number is dialed without the PLUS (+) -- if I dial or modify the contact to dial 19701234567 -- then it works fine. I bet there is a simple answer that I have failed to find in my searching. I know this is not an EnergyROM thing, but I already know how many savvy minds read this thread, and I figured I would ask here before making a thread somewhere. So, any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Now that is pretty damn cool.
Still not 100% happy with the screen layout but that just means I have to play with it some more. LOL

And I have no problems with the contacts only calling one number.
I have had that problem before and a stock flash then back to custom fixed it for me.
Go figure.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I could use a hand understanding something I just noticed -- it's probably a carrier (sprint) thing, or maybe a Windows phone thing, or maybe even an HTC thing -- I certainly don't think it's a ROM thing, but anyways it's something I don't understand and I can't seem to search down the answer.

Why can't the network, phone, dialer, other software, or whatever handle a PLUS (+) symbol at the beginning of the phone number? This is just a curiosity, it's not an issue.

Details: I don't add a (+) to my contacts, but Google Voice does, and that's why I am suddenly seeing this happen. If I 'Quick Save' a contact from a call entry on the Google Voice website it adds a PLUS (+) symbol in front of the phone number, which eventually syncs over the air with my phone creating a situation where when I dial that contact it actually dials, for example, +19701234567 -- and then the call fails with two horrible audible 'burps' over the speakerphone speaker after which I get disconnected from the cell network for about 5 seconds. If the same number is dialed without the PLUS (+) -- if I dial or modify the contact to dial 19701234567 -- then it works fine. I bet there is a simple answer that I have failed to find in my searching. I know this is not an EnergyROM thing, but I already know how many savvy minds read this thread, and I figured I would ask here before making a thread somewhere. So, any thoughts?
I just tried it and it called out but ended in a voice saying " The number or code you have dialed is incorrect" blah blah blah!
Maybe it is a Sprint service issue?
Will try to find out something here too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Could you elaborate a bit more? If I go to the Mail tab and open an email, I can reply all [from the soft key or menu], or I can hit menu-reply to just respond to the sender. If there's only one sender originally, hitting the reply all softkey works the same as "menu-reply".
yes i know, but previously there was a reg hack to change the lower right soft key to reply. that hack didnt work on this build...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
yes i know, but previously there was a reg hack to change the lower right soft key to reply. that hack didnt work on this build...
...yea, most if not all mods and hacks from 2.0 that apply to TouchFlo itself will not work on 2.1, so that would make sense. But, functionally, you're fine right? It seems like a simple aesthetic issue otherwise.

If the old fix was cabbed up, maybe try applying the reg edit manually?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Man I liked the refried version so much I didnt even bother to update again after that lol. Im staying put as ive gotten pretty much everything the way I want it.
Then your not a true NRG Addict like most of us here... Regardless of how perfect we may have gotten things, we just can help ourselves to a new release...!!!

For me, the only way would be to flash a new rom and then smash my laptop so I couldn't get back in to NRGz thread...

NRGz got me ...!!!

I gotta hook up my dealer with some $$Cha-ching$$ as soon as I have some available funds... It's well deserved with all the time he puts in...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
And I have no problems with the contacts only calling one number.
I have had that problem before and a stock flash then back to custom fixed it for me.
Go figure
You don't say... wonder why that is?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bread is a n00b

does anyones TXT key on the sprint touch pro not work using this rom? sorry if this has been answered before, i just started following this rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro