View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I could use a hand understanding something I just noticed -- it's probably a carrier (sprint) thing, or maybe a Windows phone thing, or maybe even an HTC thing -- I certainly don't think it's a ROM thing, but anyways it's something I don't understand and I can't seem to search down the answer.

Why can't the network, phone, dialer, other software, or whatever handle a PLUS (+) symbol at the beginning of the phone number? This is just a curiosity, it's not an issue.

Details: I don't add a (+) to my contacts, but Google Voice does, and that's why I am suddenly seeing this happen. If I 'Quick Save' a contact from a call entry on the Google Voice website it adds a PLUS (+) symbol in front of the phone number, which eventually syncs over the air with my phone creating a situation where when I dial that contact it actually dials, for example, +19701234567 -- and then the call fails with two horrible audible 'burps' over the speakerphone speaker after which I get disconnected from the cell network for about 5 seconds. If the same number is dialed without the PLUS (+) -- if I dial or modify the contact to dial 19701234567 -- then it works fine. I bet there is a simple answer that I have failed to find in my searching. I know this is not an EnergyROM thing, but I already know how many savvy minds read this thread, and I figured I would ask here before making a thread somewhere. So, any thoughts?