PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

GADGET's post is like #15 in this thread...there's a lot of cool stuff posted:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ak+icon&page=2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Hmmm pretty soon this ROM will be too bug free and I'll have nothing to do.... I think I'm gonan break a few things in the next release just to keep you guys busy with.... something! lol

Oh by the way... anybody using the RD version ? I got a cab to send you to fix the smearing of contacts when scrolling in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
I will definitely take that. Im NOT a big fan of the Tachi Dialer.

Thats one of the very few bugs in the ROM.

Maybe we should start incorporating programs to include in the ROM? How bout that HTC wifi thing?

Or maybe making a light ROM for those of us that dont need all those programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8lakeshow View Post
How is the Tachi Dialer a bug of the ROM? Do you mean the application itself is buggy? Please stop spreading misinformation... AFAIK, nobody has gotten the Tachi Dianler to work bug free.

NRGz will never make a light ROM, it is take it or leave it w/ his ROMs.
Rawdikrik is not spreading any misinformation. You simply misunderstood what he is saying. Rawdikrik is saying that the scrolling issue in the RD version of the ROM is a bug.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jb8lakeshow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I did start from 100%. Or Pretty close. I was at 100% at time of flash.

When I went to the gym it was already at 75%. Pretty fast drop at that point in a short period, but that may be b/c of my crap signal.

Then when I went to the gym when I have really good signal I drop significantly w/o much use in a short amount of time.

And i'm not sure what's with the problems w/programs.
If you have bad signal, that is probably one of the major factors...have you tried a different radio yet? I'm on Sprint using the Verizon radio and it works great for me. Others report the Telus radio is great. It will vary from person to person (due to geography).
Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
After flashing the battery takes a bit of a dip. You've got to let it set and ensure it charged fully to get an accurate assessment. Also, I hope you did a manual hard reset after flashing, always best to. Just charge it up and use it for a day as you would any other ROM and see how things look after about 8 hours. Although like I said, I don't keep my data connection on and that has had a very positive impact on battery life for me.
Yeah, not really a noob at this.

What i'm saying is the 15ish% dip in battery life in an hour while I was at the gym after 10 text messages and a 5 min phone call say a lot in overall battery usage.

I'm comparing this to other ROMs i've used where I also keep data on at all times.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jb8lakeshow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

What i'm saying is the 15ish% dip in battery life in an hour while I was at the gym after 10 text messages and a 5 min phone call say a lot in overall battery usage.

I'm comparing this to other ROMs i've used where I also keep data on at all times.
Didn't mean to offend...Does the data actually stay connected constantly...I don't see how it could stay connected and actually last any sort of reasonable amount of time. Are you sure those aren't disconnecting the data when not in use? Anyhow, I wouldn't go off of the battery meter to determine actual battery usage/life...let it drain and see how long it lasts. If it's still crappy, try setting it to disconnect data when idle manually.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:15 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Didn't mean to offend...Does the data actually stay connected constantly...I don't see how it could stay connected and actually last any sort of reasonable amount of time. Are you sure those aren't disconnecting the data when not in use? Anyhow, I wouldn't go off of the battery meter to determine actual battery usage/life...let it drain and see how long it lasts. If it's still crappy, try setting it to disconnect data when idle manually.
Yea, I haven't had a ROM where Data disconnected unless I use advanced config
They would last a good amount of the day. maybe i'll try it again next week.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly, use the device off a full charge for a full day. Not some 1 hour estimate.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
GADGET's post is like #15 in this thread...there's a lot of cool stuff posted:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ak+icon&page=2

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
It's either misinformation or miscommunication.

He says "it's one of the few bugs" immediately after saying "I don't like the Tachi Dialer".

Ex. "I don't like Elizabeth." "That is one stank p***y."
I'll let Rawdikrik clear up what he said for you. I'm pretty sure he was talking about things in the context of the scrolling bug in the regular dialer, that was being discussed. He did bother to hit the enter key twice before making the statement with the term "bug", which by my read makes that sentence its own independent statement. To be taken in context of the overall conversation, rather than just the preceding statement.

Last edited by darnell; 07-24-2009 at 12:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work

Okay, tried searching for this but only located two discussions without a resolution. After i lock my phone and try to slide to unlock, it will not slide but will go to my screen appearing that its unlocked. It will let me do some functions but with considerable lag and it disables the the menu button and the task icon.

So, to remedy this is to soft reset and unlock by sliding it then it completes the reset.
Has anyone else had this and is there a fix?

Thanks,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro