PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenumX View Post
I guess the only issue that I had with the youtube application from m.youtube.com is that you can't play ALL the videos that exist on youtube. Some of theme will say something like "This video cannot be played on a mobile network" because they are flagged like that by youtube. I am actually using this version of YouTube (see attached), I just extracted it to a folder called "YouTube" on my SD card and made a shortcut of it in /Windows/Start Menu/Multimedia so that it would show up on the start menu. Haven't had any issues since I did that.
Let me know if this works for you on a long term. I was playing around earlier today with rolling back to a previous version of the app and had some luck...but eventually the problem persisted. The version we have cooked in is v 1.6.1822.2028 - there are cabs floating around for version 1.6.1820.4128, but I haven't been that lucky getting them to function 100%. I assume from the look of the app [there is no "Program Guide" tab] that this is an older version. Installed to my SD card, I can get it to play vids now, but no sound.

I'm gonna keep playing with it. Good find, dude.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
I guess the only issue that I had with the youtube application from m.youtube.com is that you can't play ALL the videos that exist on youtube. Some of theme will say something like "This video cannot be played on a mobile network" because they are flagged like that by youtube. I am actually using this version of YouTube (see attached), I just extracted it to a folder called "YouTube" on my SD card and made a shortcut of it in /Windows/Start Menu/Multimedia so that it would show up on the start menu. Haven't had any issues since I did that.
Can you guys confirm this fixes the youtube issue in the ROM ? If so, it looks like the three filter dll's included in this cab are what's needed to get this to play nice with the CDMA drivers. Let me know and I'll make a hotfix really quick! Do it... do it now... Dooo iiiiitt!! lmao :P

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:04 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

And whoa.. I just noticed my "reputation" bar.. 4400+.... Is that good for anything ? lol Do I get a cookie ? lol
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Last two days keep getting the "SSmaho autostart failed" message popping up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Do you have disable world clock or map to galarm cabs installed?
i had this message waiting for me this morning when i grabbed my phone... then it popped up again while reading this page. i installed the worldclock to galarm cab from the 4th post last night and it doesnt work at all with the 722 build. worldclock still opens the worldclock. i guess ill uninstall that cab and see if that popup error goes away

Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

VenumX is keeping up the good workVenumX is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to VenumX Send a message via MSN to VenumX Send a message via Yahoo to VenumX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Can you guys confirm this fixes the youtube issue in the ROM ? If so, it looks like the three filter dll's included in this cab are what's needed to get this to play nice with the CDMA drivers. Let me know and I'll make a hotfix really quick! Do it... do it now... Dooo iiiiitt!! lmao :P
OK so it fixed it for about 20 minutes... then it wasnt working so i took a deeper look into why it wasnt working (registry entries) so as i was surfing through the registry entries in HKLM/Software/HTC/Youtube I changed a few things and now it has been working for a few hours...

dont know what these did, but its working sooo here:

BandWidth = 1 (changed this was 0) - seems to load videos twice as fast with this...
EnableAudioHW = 0 (changed this to 0 was 1)
EnableMDP = 0 (changed this to 0 was 1)
EnableSW = 1 (changed this to 1 was 0)

everything else is pretty much the same as it was by default

if anyone wants to test these setting please do so we can confirm a fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
And whoa.. I just noticed my "reputation" bar.. 4400+.... Is that good for anything ? lol Do I get a cookie ? lol
/me gives NRGZ a cookie.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

secant is a n00b

Total Noob question ...

This will be my first custom ROM installation ... the phone is unlocked and ready to go. After the unlock, I successfully re-flashed the original Sprint ROM.

I am planning to flash EnergyRom on a Sprint Touch Pro ... after the ROM is installed will it automatically be ready to make/receive calls and connect to the internet?

If not, what extra steps do I need to take? Or .cabs need to be installed?

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I'll keep this as a reference, just in case I find that error. Thanks.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
N00b

Send a message via AIM to VenumX Send a message via MSN to VenumX Send a message via Yahoo to VenumX

to make it easier for you guys to test here is a cab file that will change the reg entries for you ( see attached )
Attached Files
File Type: cab VenumXsYoutubeFix.cab (185.2 KB, 143 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by secant View Post
Total Noob question ...

This will be my first custom ROM installation ... the phone is unlocked and ready to go. After the unlock, I successfully re-flashed the original Sprint ROM.

I am planning to flash EnergyRom on a Sprint Touch Pro ... after the ROM is installed will it automatically be ready to make/receive calls and connect to the internet?

If not, what extra steps do I need to take? Or .cabs need to be installed?

Thanks for any help.
Usually your data and phone will be active right away. In the rare case that your data is not working you will need a cab file for the provisioning application for your carrier. I'm not 100% sure but i believe NRGZ has attached one to the original thread for each carrier
Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
OK so it fixed it for about 20 minutes... then it wasnt working so i took a deeper look into why it wasnt working (registry entries) so as i was surfing through the registry entries in HKLM/Software/HTC/Youtube I changed a few things and now it has been working for a few hours...

dont know what these did, but its working sooo here:

BandWidth = 1 (changed this was 0) - seems to load videos twice as fast with this...
EnableAudioHW = 0 (changed this to 0 was 1)
EnableMDP = 0 (changed this to 0 was 1)
EnableSW = 1 (changed this to 1 was 0)

everything else is pretty much the same as it was by default

if anyone wants to test these setting please do so we can confirm a fix

/me gives NRGZ a cookie.
ok I can confirm that these reg entries did work and now youtube works flawlessly, before this I also had the cannot connect error and cannot play video...thanks venny
Sprint 4g speed:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro