PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Does anyone have skyfire working on this rom? I've tried installing to the storage card and the device. No matter what I do, whether I soft reset or whatever, everytime I start it, it says connecting then it just closes. Is there a crash log somewhere I can look at to see whats going on or does someone have a fix for this? I've heard great things about skyfire and I'd like to try it out.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wzielicke is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to wzielicke

Thank you lloway21 and DV8Ways

I got it now. I had to scroll down on the tools to see the tools, i had assumed, (incorrectly) that all the options were shown on the menu that popped up. I scrolled down the menu, and I saw the tools option.

For some reason that is the only way to access that now. Typially you can clidk from the 3d Screen to the Meny on the right, click on Accounts, and select "accounts.." but that only brought me to the inbox.

And Juicy I appreciate youre help. Anytime I have used something, I have tried to say thank you. Everyone keep up the great work.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Whatever, aside from all the drama I'm just thankful that you guys put in the hard work for all of this to be possible for us ppcgeeks. A huge thanks to every chef on here!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jb8lakeshow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
I think the point is to make everyone better off, and happier with their phone by helping one another.

besides... wallpapers and themes don't make a rom better.

/juicy
I think this implies that the history between you and NRGz goes beyond this one incident w/ EZInput 2.0 (You called him a fool and insulted his Roms in less than 24 hours). If I were you and I had put in time to make something work and someone questioned what I did, I would be upset too, but then I'd show evidence that I actually contributed to it heavily. I don't think NRGz is above giving thanks, but he may be more selective about what he thinks "deems" special thanks. I'm not saying this is right, but different strokes for different folks. Based on your guys' initial history with eachother way back in this thread, I don't think you guys would thank eachother if you saved eachothers' Mommas...

DO HOWEVER note that all your users/fans are grateful for both of your respective works, but expecting gratitude from an "enemy" might be asking for a bit too much in this world. If you guys want, next time Juicy and NRGz are all in Vegas, I will buy you both a few beers and maybe we can put all this animosity behind us all. Both, please keep up your good work, and perhaps return to your corners?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

jeffy2walgreens is a n00b

NRGZ your ROM is awesome! is anyone else having trouble downloading their email? i checked and double checked the settings and it says it wont connect to the server
Old 07-16-2009, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This "drama" and (and also happening at an alarming rate in other threads) is just depressing.

I don't know about you but I think the implementation of the "Thanks" button has sort of backfired... It is nice to say thanks, but it has almost become a point of contention and even division.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the ROM.

Just one question. I read a few pages back about some changes to the "Call History" but I couldn't find a solution in the subsequent posts.

I'm running the RD version of the 7-14 ROM and can't seem to find the normal call history. Does anyone know how to access the call history in this new ROM?

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
This "drama" and (and also happening at an alarming rate in other threads) is just depressing.

I don't know about you but I think the implementation of the "Thanks" button has sort of backfired... It is nice to say thanks, but it has almost become a point of contention and even division.

very well said sir!

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Isn't there some rule about posting what goes on in PM's?
That does make sense. I thought that was what Private message was for.

I respect both juicy and nrgz28 in regards to their work which is dedicated for the free enjoyment of others. I must agree with someone, I believe lil rico commented, "A lot of people just don't know what goes on behind the scenes and are not in the "know" of things, so I guess NRG's response is understandable." I must agree I have no idea about the things that a chef does while creating these ROMs. However, I am grateful that they do.

If my understanding is correct juicy would like nrgz28 to have in his changelog ez input 2.0 (thanks juicy). I know that he does have it say in the first post under the

2009 6 01 :

- Updated to 21728
- Coooked in EZInput 2.0
- Updated some graphics and icons
- Rearranged start menu
- Added People Tab calling fix
- Added Fix for higher icon height while sliding
- Updated InCall Screen tweak and fixed its shortcut
- Fixed slider icon over stocks in Manila
- Manila CDMA fix cooked in
- Removed switch bands
- Image is now raphimg.nbh for easier sd flashing
- Removed FM player

Now if it is known by people in the "know" so to speak that you created/modiifed this "package" and he does have it posted would that count as being thankful. Or is a special banner required. Now these are not smart ***** comments that I'm making I just would like to know what constitutes giving proper due.

I feel as if it's starting to look a little like nascar around here with all the pumping up of everything. Everyone, including me, has a cute little signature showing off the wares of their personal chef. You've got people blasting their phone payment plans, little coloquilism's of life, download speeds, hit the thanks button and where to donate. We might want to regain our civilty and just accept and offer thanks when the thankor or the thankee feel appropriate.

I also know that juicy you have been in nrgz28 thread before. In the begining of this thread you were telling him what was the best way to name his thread and make notational changes in the title. He didn't really receive your input as maybe you may have liked so now with this latest attempt at recognition by you he has scorned you once again and you went public with it. It is coming across, in my opinion, like you are upset that someone has come in to ppcgeekdom and is certainly challenging you for Top Chef. I am pretty certain that nrgz28 didn't crack into your safe and take private coding and show it off as his work. If you do believe that this is truly a "crime" take it to the moderators and have them sort out the details of this situation. Once again to quote the honourable lil rico "What this does is hurt everyone else. The community is now going to suffer because there goes another great chef willing to share his work." I'm sure like most things in this forum "work" is shared, p***** around, and customized and most people don't even know what it all entails so let it go and appreciate the fact that someone is utilizing your free creation and pleasing others with it. I have used your ROMs in the past and know that you do solid work and I hope that you continue to make roms, kitchens, as well has correct broken functions so others can continue sharing your efforts.

I hope that this is resolved and that no one feels jilted and doesn't want to "play" any longer.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Ok honestly guys,

Get ****ing serious.

This is the same **** that happened with NFSFAN and No2chem. NFSFAN debadged his work and called it his own.

That topic aside, this goes along the same route.

All juicy asked for was thanks and he did so VIA PM. NRGZ reply.... Is quite arrogant. First off he had NO idea what Juicy actually did to get the OEM working... It came from Juicys ROM. Juicy badged it for a reason. He did extensive work on it. Although obviously NRG didn't think so enough to give him thanks.

Get your heads outta your asses making these stipulations that Juicy is scared that another big chef has come in here.

we know NRG is great... Although his actions and replies via PM don't show it.

Same reason why nfsfan got banned...

Like seriousuly...

That being said. i'd expect teh same outcome if this was my rom for example. Many of my users would back me up. It's only common for users who enjoy the chefs work.

I don't blame juicy what so ever.

I do blame NRG for that arrogant reply.

Get real. Seriously.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro