PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisincali View Post
OK so NRGZ is a crook and Juicy should have credit for what he worked on.
Not a crook, and I admit I was pretty pissed off when I posted all this.

I didn't CREATE the package.... that is the wonderful work of HTC. My point is I just wanted a 'thank you' for all the hours I put in to get things working. I did this in my spare time for free. Why not say thank you if it is well deserved?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
To those that took the time to press "thanks".... thank you!

I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:
Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks
to which I got the following response:

Code:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?
Now in case any of you forgot, when EzInput2.0 was first available we all had a hell of a time

1) making the keybaord fit properly in landscape VGA
2) getting the hard keys to work

I can't attest to doing all the work, but here is what is contained in my rom, kitchen, and oem package that NRGZ used:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
"IME_EzInput_Western"="2_0_JUICY47_01" ;Do note remove
;inital work by savage25rcracer
;working hardware mapping by Juicy47
So can you understand why I'm a little pissed off that NRGZ won't even aknowledge other users who have done the grunt work necessary in having a working port?

This is ridiculous, and a poor attitude on behalf of NRGZ. All I asked for was a thank-you.

Please re-consider donating to this fool. Donate to PPCGeeks.com or XDA instead - I don't want or accept donations.

Oh and after this wonderful little incident, you can forget about me release my EzInput 2.1 OEM/CAB as well as my 8 series kitchen.

MAD? Let NRGZ28 know.
I, for one, think this is despicable and I fully understand your decision to not release your kitchen. Although I have never used one of your rom, juicy, I have a great amount of respect for you for all the hard work that you do. I was considering an energy rom not too long ago but this has changed my mind. I understand the need to give credit when due.
On behalf of the community I would like to say thank you for all your work.

Quote:
Get over it Juicy, the one with the best ROM wins at the end.
I don't think I have ever cursed on PPCG before but...
SHUT THE **** UP!
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by MordyT; 07-16-2009 at 12:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
To those that took the time to press "thanks".... thank you!

I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:
Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks
to which I got the following response:

Code:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?
Now in case any of you forgot, when EzInput2.0 was first available we all had a hell of a time

1) making the keybaord fit properly in landscape VGA
2) getting the hard keys to work

I can't attest to doing all the work, but here is what is contained in my rom, kitchen, and oem package that NRGZ used:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
"IME_EzInput_Western"="2_0_JUICY47_01" ;Do note remove
;inital work by savage25rcracer
;working hardware mapping by Juicy47
So can you understand why I'm a little pissed off that NRGZ won't even aknowledge other users who have done the grunt work necessary in having a working port?

This is ridiculous, and a poor attitude on behalf of NRGZ. All I asked for was a thank-you.

Please re-consider donating to this fool. Donate to PPCGeeks.com or XDA instead - I don't want or accept donations.

Oh and after this wonderful little incident, you can forget about me release my EzInput 2.1 OEM/CAB as well as my 8 series kitchen.

MAD? Let NRGZ28 know.
Maybe he hit the Thank You button. That's what it's there for. Plus your little plug here got you some extra thanks.

In the end you got a rep boost and thats how most people know who the major contributers are!

I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot you wouldn't see NRG complaining in your thread telling people not to donate towards your hard work.

Just my $0.02...

NRG: Thank you for all the hard work you do. You put together a hell of a ROM for us. And they keep getting better and better.

Juicy: Thanks for your contribution with EzInput. I also hit the thank you button!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cruisincali is a n00b

Quote:
Not a crook, and I admit I was pretty pissed off when I posted all this.

I didn't CREATE the package.... that is the wonderful work of HTC. My point is I just wanted a 'thank you' for all the hours I put in to get things working. I did this in my spare time for free. Why not say thank you if it is well deserved?
I have to tell you that you are right, after all the time you spent on it I would have been piddled too. NRGZ should have thanked you but he was mad cause you snooped in his MASD section. Its sucks you guys are going at it like that I hope it gets resolved with a simple thank you. Juicy your roms are good and to the point, Thanks for all the hard work. I apologize for coming in like a jerk.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
This argument is not about who prefers whos roms...

Clearly you missed the entire point of the post.
I respect all of the ROM's out here cuz I wouldn't even know where to start creating a ROM but this seems to remind me in a way of the issue of NSF rom's and no2chem. When it came to it, many "users" like me who don't know or care for the "behind the scenes stuff" continue to support NSF and use his ROMs.

All this sort of finger pointing created was now we are gonna have those that are gonna make pointless comments about which ROM is better. A simply thank you can fix this but thats up to NRG. I'm using his ROM at the moment so if he gives Juicy thanks or not this is a great ROM and i'll probably continue to use NRG's roms.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow. If a simple 'thanks' would have sufficed and kept things civil and in-line with the ultimate agenda of this forum, then IMO, there should have been no hesitation to do so. I mean, how hard could it be?

The height of one's [self perceived] level of success, should not also be the height of one's ego. We're all here to learn and help each other develop as individuals, as well as a community. Let this little incident be a little reminder of that, and at least something 'good' will have come out of it.

Im thinking an easy way for NRG to understand what it feels like is to have his hard work and dedication be stolen/undermined in some way, when all that was required was a simple acknowledgement of his efforts and contributions. The question then becomes:

Has he anything worthwhile to 'steal'?

Sorry to steer the thread off track...couldnt help but interject.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I have to tell you that you are right, after all the time you spent on it I would have been piddled too. NRGZ should have thanked you but he was mad cause you snooped in his MASD section. Its sucks you guys are going at it like that I hope it gets resolved with a simple thank you. Juicy your roms are good and to the point, Thanks for all the hard work. I apologize for coming in like a jerk.
I didn't snoop.... somebody messaged me telling me it was there.

No worries - no hard feelings.

NRGZ: I was pissed off before and probably shouldn't have posted all this publicly. I take it back. If you choose to thank me it's up to you.

Good luck with your ROM - I'll stay out of your thread.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cruisincali is a n00b

I have to admit that Juicy and NRGZ make better Roms than Mighty Mikes, but thats just IMO.

I was using Juicy's before I switched to this update.

Last edited by cruisincali; 07-16-2009 at 12:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I have to admit that Juicy and NRGZ make better Roms than Mighty Mikes, but thats just IMO.
Exactly... and with 30 posts... Doesn't mean much

carry on.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
Maybe he hit the Thank You button. That's what it's there for. Plus your little plug here got you some extra thanks.

In the end you got a rep boost and thats how most people know who the major contributers are!

I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot you wouldn't see NRG complaining in your thread telling people not to donate towards your hard work.

Just my $0.02...

NRG: Thank you for all the hard work you do. You put together a hell of a ROM for us. And they keep getting better and better.

Juicy: Thanks for your contribution with EzInput. I also hit the thank you button!
Its not all about repuation man, just common courtesy. What is so difficult about a simple thank you?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro