View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:29 AM
BenS
Regular 'Geeker

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Isn't there some rule about posting what goes on in PM's?
That does make sense. I thought that was what Private message was for.

I respect both juicy and nrgz28 in regards to their work which is dedicated for the free enjoyment of others. I must agree with someone, I believe lil rico commented, "A lot of people just don't know what goes on behind the scenes and are not in the "know" of things, so I guess NRG's response is understandable." I must agree I have no idea about the things that a chef does while creating these ROMs. However, I am grateful that they do.

If my understanding is correct juicy would like nrgz28 to have in his changelog ez input 2.0 (thanks juicy). I know that he does have it say in the first post under the

2009 6 01 :

- Updated to 21728
- Coooked in EZInput 2.0
- Updated some graphics and icons
- Rearranged start menu
- Added People Tab calling fix
- Added Fix for higher icon height while sliding
- Updated InCall Screen tweak and fixed its shortcut
- Fixed slider icon over stocks in Manila
- Manila CDMA fix cooked in
- Removed switch bands
- Image is now raphimg.nbh for easier sd flashing
- Removed FM player

Now if it is known by people in the "know" so to speak that you created/modiifed this "package" and he does have it posted would that count as being thankful. Or is a special banner required. Now these are not smart ***** comments that I'm making I just would like to know what constitutes giving proper due.

I feel as if it's starting to look a little like nascar around here with all the pumping up of everything. Everyone, including me, has a cute little signature showing off the wares of their personal chef. You've got people blasting their phone payment plans, little coloquilism's of life, download speeds, hit the thanks button and where to donate. We might want to regain our civilty and just accept and offer thanks when the thankor or the thankee feel appropriate.

I also know that juicy you have been in nrgz28 thread before. In the begining of this thread you were telling him what was the best way to name his thread and make notational changes in the title. He didn't really receive your input as maybe you may have liked so now with this latest attempt at recognition by you he has scorned you once again and you went public with it. It is coming across, in my opinion, like you are upset that someone has come in to ppcgeekdom and is certainly challenging you for Top Chef. I am pretty certain that nrgz28 didn't crack into your safe and take private coding and show it off as his work. If you do believe that this is truly a "crime" take it to the moderators and have them sort out the details of this situation. Once again to quote the honourable lil rico "What this does is hurt everyone else. The community is now going to suffer because there goes another great chef willing to share his work." I'm sure like most things in this forum "work" is shared, p***** around, and customized and most people don't even know what it all entails so let it go and appreciate the fact that someone is utilizing your free creation and pleasing others with it. I have used your ROMs in the past and know that you do solid work and I hope that you continue to make roms, kitchens, as well has correct broken functions so others can continue sharing your efforts.

I hope that this is resolved and that no one feels jilted and doesn't want to "play" any longer.