PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 70909 ||

Quote:
Okay, I've been using EnergyROM 3.0 (23001) for a while now, and here's my feedback. Please don't think I'm flaming or anything; this ROM is great, but these are just a few things I'd like to see changed in future versions.

Input - I have to ask this; why does this not contain the phone keypad-style T9 entry system? Both the on-screen keyboard and slide out keyboard are horrible for quick replies to text messages, and make it literally impossible to text while driving. I know this is generally a bad idea anyways, but its a REALLY bad idea to take both hands off the wheel to text on a keyboard, as opposed to not-quite-such a bad idea as using one hand to type out a reply using XT9 on a phone keypad. =P

Appearance - This ROM looks great, but... I feel like some shortcuts were taken when the theme was designed. Both the TF3D2 interface and Titanium look bland as compared to say, the startup screen, background, even the taskbar, and after playing around with CHome Editor, some of the enabled Titanium plugins don't even work! Am I doing something wrong, or is Titanium just buggy? I've tried 1 other 6.5 ROM with Titanium and as far as I could tell, all the Titanium plugins worked there. Customize Manila a bit; its very bland and the clock is too damn low, and customize Titanium too; maybe a custom theme, font, some more plugins... etc.

To be more specific on the plugins not working; on my Titanium homescreen I have the tabs: pictures, music, phone, voicemail, clock, text, e-mail, TitaniumWeather, and calendar. In CHome Editor, however, I have: CMyPhotos, CMusic, CPhone, CVoicemail, CHome, CClock, CText, CEmail, Titanium Weather, CAppointments, CWindowsLive, and Settings. The bold plugins are not appearing no matter how I configure CHome Editor.

Organization - This one gets to me alot, especially since I hate the 6.5 Start Menu: The clutter. I open up my Start Menu and it takes me literally 30 seconds to find the Settings button. I can't stand it. While NRGZ28 was nice enough to put all the programs in their respective places, there is no organization to the start menu itself... The first entry is "Today," followed by "Total Commander," which should really be in the Utilities Folder, along with the Backlight button. The reset button can stay but its slightly useless with the power-button being mapped to psShutXP. Other then that, the menu just needs cleaned up, with maybe a more-obvious icon for folders versus applications, to make it easier to skim for what you're looking for.

Applications - While I do enjoy almost all of the applications installed with this ROM, I was slightly disappointed that it didn't come with CHome Editor, TitaniumWeather, or reSTART. These programs, excluding TitaniumWeather, are kind of critical to getting WM6.5 to be useful while using Titanium. Other then that, the Applications list is perfectly loaded.

Other then those points, I love this rom. I'm currently using it and bouncing back and forth between Psyki 3, as I love some features of 6.5 and some features of 6.1. Hope my feedback helps! =]

~Orion
Like you found out he does not cook into the ROM any of the added WM 6.5 Titanium applications. You must find and install yourself. I have asked him to think about including them in the future. He said he will keep it in mind. You can use activesync and go to the WINDOWS folder/Start Menus and move the icons and programs around all you like. I move them to fit my liking and make sure that the cab's I install have there short cuts moved to the right folder. If you want you can move/delete the reset button and others as well.

Hope this helps

Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
A few screen shots of my device of doom.

My Home Screen
Calendar in Day View with Weather Working
Email Tab with "NoEnvelope Cab" to show more text
Facebook Tab in Contacts
My Start Screen with custom wallpaper
Does adding the Psyki customizations as you outlined in your pdf make your clock flip?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSX View Post
Okay, I've been using EnergyROM 3.0 (23001) for a while now, and here's my feedback. Please don't think I'm flaming or anything; this ROM is great, but these are just a few things I'd like to see changed in future versions.

Input - I have to ask this; why does this not contain the phone keypad-style T9 entry system? Both the on-screen keyboard and slide out keyboard are horrible for quick replies to text messages, and make it literally impossible to text while driving. I know this is generally a bad idea anyways, but its a REALLY bad idea to take both hands off the wheel to text on a keyboard, as opposed to not-quite-such a bad idea as using one hand to type out a reply using XT9 on a phone keypad. =P

Appearance - This ROM looks great, but... I feel like some shortcuts were taken when the theme was designed. Both the TF3D2 interface and Titanium look bland as compared to say, the startup screen, background, even the taskbar, and after playing around with CHome Editor, some of the enabled Titanium plugins don't even work! Am I doing something wrong, or is Titanium just buggy? I've tried 1 other 6.5 ROM with Titanium and as far as I could tell, all the Titanium plugins worked there. Customize Manila a bit; its very bland and the clock is too damn low, and customize Titanium too; maybe a custom theme, font, some more plugins... etc.

To be more specific on the plugins not working; on my Titanium homescreen I have the tabs: pictures, music, phone, voicemail, clock, text, e-mail, TitaniumWeather, and calendar. In CHome Editor, however, I have: CMyPhotos, CMusic, CPhone, CVoicemail, CHome, CClock, CText, CEmail, Titanium Weather, CAppointments, CWindowsLive, and Settings. The bold plugins are not appearing no matter how I configure CHome Editor.

Organization - This one gets to me alot, especially since I hate the 6.5 Start Menu: The clutter. I open up my Start Menu and it takes me literally 30 seconds to find the Settings button. I can't stand it. While NRGZ28 was nice enough to put all the programs in their respective places, there is no organization to the start menu itself... The first entry is "Today," followed by "Total Commander," which should really be in the Utilities Folder, along with the Backlight button. The reset button can stay but its slightly useless with the power-button being mapped to psShutXP. Other then that, the menu just needs cleaned up, with maybe a more-obvious icon for folders versus applications, to make it easier to skim for what you're looking for.

Applications - While I do enjoy almost all of the applications installed with this ROM, I was slightly disappointed that it didn't come with CHome Editor, TitaniumWeather, or reSTART. These programs, excluding TitaniumWeather, are kind of critical to getting WM6.5 to be useful while using Titanium. Other then that, the Applications list is perfectly loaded.

Other then those points, I love this rom. I'm currently using it and bouncing back and forth between Psyki 3, as I love some features of 6.5 and some features of 6.1. Hope my feedback helps! =]

~Orion

wow, you care too much about IMO, petty stuff, sounds like you should be cooking your own ROM....I get you are just giving feedback, but you sound like one of those never satisified customers that I'd fire as a client.....no offense....good luck
Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
wow, you care too much about IMO, petty stuff, sounds like you should be cooking your own ROM....I get you are just giving feedback, but you sound like one of those never satisified customers that I'd fire as a client.....no offense....good luck
Agreed, and it was worded rather harshly. However, he was pointing out what he would change. Maybe that'll throw some ideas NGRZ28's way, as he's been keeping this thing flying for some time now, and it does keep getting better.

I love this ROM!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Input - phone keypad-style T9 entry system
Driving and texting at the same time, certainly bad idea. Unless you just text at stop lights/signs. What could be that important to HAVE to reply to a text while driving? With that said, try this link... haha
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70260

Quote:
Appearance -... etc.
If you want ascetics, get Vista Seriously though, I like the way this ROM looks as well as functions

Quote:
Organization - ... The first entry is "Today," followed by "Total Commander," which should really be in the Utilities Folder...
I totally agree with you on this and for this I configured a Mort Script to allow me to move the shortcuts to the folders that I thought they should be, for me... this includes deleting the Total Commander from the Start menu. As for Today being the first, I haven't figured out how to put the menu alphabetical order...

Download MortScript, here's a sample script

Tweak.mscr
Code:
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Mobile App.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Cinemo.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mobliza.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Music ID.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Pocket Express.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NFL Mobile Live.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PPCGeeks.exe.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\RadarLove!.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\Widgets\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SensorMaze - v0.1.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Shake and Save.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Shopping Cart.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sprint TV.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Touchtris.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games\")
Move("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sprint Navigation.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS\")
Move("Windows\start Menu\Programs\WMWiFiRouter.lnk","Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System\")
Delete("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Album.lnk")
Delete("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Total Commander.lnk")
Delete("windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\*")
RmDir("Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript")

Quote:
Applications - ...disappointed that it didn't come with CHome Editor, TitaniumWeather, or reSTART...
Not sure what they are, here are some links for the items you would like
ALL WRAPPED UP IN ONE THREAD

Although you have some, let's say negative, feedback, I don't think that it holds any validity because there are solutions for these "problems".. yes, you'd have to configure UC to make these changes seamless and automatic, it can be done... I have plenty of action going on automatically with UC and when it's completed my device is running, ready to use and configured how I want it!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Btw this is my fav 6.5 rom, is there another version in the works out of curosity.

Thx
Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

OrionSX is just getting started

Thanks for all the responses and solutions. As I said, I wasnt trying to be too critical. I apologize if my opinion seems harsh, and I suppose it was, but NRGZ28 himself said in his first post, he wanted the Rom to be ready to go after you flash it. To me, not including the programs I mentioned and not sorting out the start menu, etc, means its really not ready to go. Granted its useable and very much so, but if you're the sort to like customizing your phone, which I am, you're left having to download and install more programs, customize, etc. I mean no offense to NRG whatsoever; this ROM is amazing, it just needs a few tweaks. Its blazingly fast and hiccup-free, and I love it. I'm just trying to give NRG some constructive criticism, and I apologize if I offend anyone.

...And believe ne, if Vista would run on my TP I'd flash it in a heartbeat. XD
Old 07-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
To me...not sorting out the start menu, etc, means its really not ready to go.

Hey, everyone has their own opinion -- well, hopefully they have their own and didn't just borrow someone else's, but anyways...you've got yours and that's good...for you.

The start menu though -- it is sorted. In fact it's extremely well sorted. It may not be sorted the way you like it, but it might be sorted the way our chef likes it, and it happens to be sorted almost exactly how I like it. Regardless, it is easy to change to one's own liking with minimal effort.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses
You're welcome, I was trying to help a brother out and get you some solutions!
I thought that I read that HE got the ROM configured so he could hit the ground running after flashing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go, how I'd want it.
I need to figure out how to do that, for now thought, I'll use UC autoinstalls for now though...
Old 07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Hey dudes and fellow noobs:

Attached is an updated version of the steps I took to configure my TP with NRGs ROM. I'll throw some screen shots up in a minute, if i can. In the meantime, if there's any misleading or straight up inaccurate information in my little write up, feel free to PM me - even areas for improvement or clarification I hope this helps some new users who are running into minor issues before they come here and ask the same questions about the same issues we all know exist.

This is like my personal post #4. I tried to explain some of the steps in more detail to clear up some things.

Have a swell day!
I had to add this to post #4. Great little guide, very thorough. Excellent Job!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro