View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
appzattak
Halfway to VIP Status

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 70909 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSX View Post
Okay, I've been using EnergyROM 3.0 (23001) for a while now, and here's my feedback. Please don't think I'm flaming or anything; this ROM is great, but these are just a few things I'd like to see changed in future versions.

Input - I have to ask this; why does this not contain the phone keypad-style T9 entry system? Both the on-screen keyboard and slide out keyboard are horrible for quick replies to text messages, and make it literally impossible to text while driving. I know this is generally a bad idea anyways, but its a REALLY bad idea to take both hands off the wheel to text on a keyboard, as opposed to not-quite-such a bad idea as using one hand to type out a reply using XT9 on a phone keypad. =P

Appearance - This ROM looks great, but... I feel like some shortcuts were taken when the theme was designed. Both the TF3D2 interface and Titanium look bland as compared to say, the startup screen, background, even the taskbar, and after playing around with CHome Editor, some of the enabled Titanium plugins don't even work! Am I doing something wrong, or is Titanium just buggy? I've tried 1 other 6.5 ROM with Titanium and as far as I could tell, all the Titanium plugins worked there. Customize Manila a bit; its very bland and the clock is too damn low, and customize Titanium too; maybe a custom theme, font, some more plugins... etc.

To be more specific on the plugins not working; on my Titanium homescreen I have the tabs: pictures, music, phone, voicemail, clock, text, e-mail, TitaniumWeather, and calendar. In CHome Editor, however, I have: CMyPhotos, CMusic, CPhone, CVoicemail, CHome, CClock, CText, CEmail, Titanium Weather, CAppointments, CWindowsLive, and Settings. The bold plugins are not appearing no matter how I configure CHome Editor.

Organization - This one gets to me alot, especially since I hate the 6.5 Start Menu: The clutter. I open up my Start Menu and it takes me literally 30 seconds to find the Settings button. I can't stand it. While NRGZ28 was nice enough to put all the programs in their respective places, there is no organization to the start menu itself... The first entry is "Today," followed by "Total Commander," which should really be in the Utilities Folder, along with the Backlight button. The reset button can stay but its slightly useless with the power-button being mapped to psShutXP. Other then that, the menu just needs cleaned up, with maybe a more-obvious icon for folders versus applications, to make it easier to skim for what you're looking for.

Applications - While I do enjoy almost all of the applications installed with this ROM, I was slightly disappointed that it didn't come with CHome Editor, TitaniumWeather, or reSTART. These programs, excluding TitaniumWeather, are kind of critical to getting WM6.5 to be useful while using Titanium. Other then that, the Applications list is perfectly loaded.

Other then those points, I love this rom. I'm currently using it and bouncing back and forth between Psyki 3, as I love some features of 6.5 and some features of 6.1. Hope my feedback helps! =]

~Orion

wow, you care too much about IMO, petty stuff, sounds like you should be cooking your own ROM....I get you are just giving feedback, but you sound like one of those never satisified customers that I'd fire as a client.....no offense....good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.