PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 70909 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
is there anyway to add my true home city? los angeles is 300 miles away from the desert where i live in, if i add my location with weathermaster i think it only adds it to weather tab and not world clock option to select my city
Set your home city in World Clock as part of the dance you have to do to get the time to stay set. If the city is set in the World Clock the weather will appear as in the screen shot. I'm going to try to type out the actual instructions for applying the clock fix with all of the knowledge we've gathered so far, so we can hopefully put this pup to rest and get everyone smiling.

...and yes, when you add your city using the WeatherMaster, it should be available in World Clock as an option.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 07-14-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Mine was not working.

So i:
Reset my phone
Turned off TF3D
Erased the YouTube folder in the windows dir
The ninstalled the You tube fix cab on page 370
It reset the phone...
then turned TF3d back on..
and the you tube was perfect.

Try those exact steps...
This did the trick, thanks mucho. I have to say, initially I just deleted the YouTube folder from the windows directory and they vids played with no sound, did the above and works perfect now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint tp
Carrier: sprint

zrhodes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
How about this, this is exactly how I got it to work:

1.) goto world clock click menu

2.) click local time settings

3.) click on city change to your location/adjust time if necessary (my time was correct so I didn't have to change it)

4.) click done

5.) click done again

6.) go to calendar verify current or future weather conditions

at this point everything should be set and working

7.) install "psyki us date format mmm d.cab" (there is another date format cab but I have not tried it)

8.) reboot

once again verify everything is working time should be correct weather is working and when you try and click on the clock on the homescreen nothing will happen. When you go into settings and clock it should have the correct time zone and time there if it doesn't then I'm afraid you'll have to start over. You could adjust it but if you do I think it will mess up the weather in the calender.
i searched all over for "psyki us date format mmm d.cab" but cant find it can someone point me in the right direction.

thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
i searched all over for "psyki us date format mmm d.cab" but cant find it can someone point me in the right direction.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

Post # 7

Old 07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wtb better file host .... rapidshare blows monkey *****
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrhodes View Post

thanks

go here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Scroll down to to the energyrom thread look above the stars its says "<Files>" (in yellow) click on that scroll down and you will see what your looking for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 PM
ThreeFaces

Hey dudes and fellow noobs:

Attached is an updated version of the steps I took to configure my TP with NRGs ROM. I'll throw some screen shots up in a minute, if i can. In the meantime, if there's any misleading or straight up inaccurate information in my little write up, feel free to PM me - even areas for improvement or clarification I hope this helps some new users who are running into minor issues before they come here and ask the same questions about the same issues we all know exist.

This is like my personal post #4. I tried to explain some of the steps in more detail to clear up some things.

Have a swell day!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ENERGY ROM - a dudes experience.pdf (414.2 KB, 479 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
Hey dudes and fellow noobs:

Attached is an updated version of the steps I took to configure my TP with NRGs ROM. I'll throw some screen shots up in a minute, if i can. In the meantime, if there's any misleading or straight up inaccurate information in my little write up, feel free to PM me - even areas for improvement or clarification I hope this helps some new users who are running into minor issues before they come here and ask the same questions about the same issues we all know exist.

This is like my personal post #4. I tried to explain some of the steps in more detail to clear up some things.

Have a swell day!
Attached Images ENERGY ROM - a dudes experience.pdf (414.2 KB, 1 views)
Thank You so much for this! Very helpful...
I am making some of the changes you did suggest as I type
Old 07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
ThreeFaces

A few screen shots of my device of doom.

My Home Screen
Calendar in Day View with Weather Working
Email Tab with "NoEnvelope Cab" to show more text
Facebook Tab in Contacts
My Start Screen with custom wallpaper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HomeScreen.jpg (106.7 KB, 143 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Day View Calendar.jpg (73.3 KB, 107 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Email Tab.jpg (76.8 KB, 98 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Facebook Tab in Contacts.jpg (89.8 KB, 150 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Start Screen.jpg (87.3 KB, 156 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

OrionSX is just getting started

Okay, I've been using EnergyROM 3.0 (23001) for a while now, and here's my feedback. Please don't think I'm flaming or anything; this ROM is great, but these are just a few things I'd like to see changed in future versions.

Input - I have to ask this; why does this not contain the phone keypad-style T9 entry system? Both the on-screen keyboard and slide out keyboard are horrible for quick replies to text messages, and make it literally impossible to text while driving. I know this is generally a bad idea anyways, but its a REALLY bad idea to take both hands off the wheel to text on a keyboard, as opposed to not-quite-such a bad idea as using one hand to type out a reply using XT9 on a phone keypad. =P

Appearance - This ROM looks great, but... I feel like some shortcuts were taken when the theme was designed. Both the TF3D2 interface and Titanium look bland as compared to say, the startup screen, background, even the taskbar, and after playing around with CHome Editor, some of the enabled Titanium plugins don't even work! Am I doing something wrong, or is Titanium just buggy? I've tried 1 other 6.5 ROM with Titanium and as far as I could tell, all the Titanium plugins worked there. Customize Manila a bit; its very bland and the clock is too damn low, and customize Titanium too; maybe a custom theme, font, some more plugins... etc.

To be more specific on the plugins not working; on my Titanium homescreen I have the tabs: pictures, music, phone, voicemail, clock, text, e-mail, TitaniumWeather, and calendar. In CHome Editor, however, I have: CMyPhotos, CMusic, CPhone, CVoicemail, CHome, CClock, CText, CEmail, Titanium Weather, CAppointments, CWindowsLive, and Settings. The bold plugins are not appearing no matter how I configure CHome Editor.

Organization - This one gets to me alot, especially since I hate the 6.5 Start Menu: The clutter. I open up my Start Menu and it takes me literally 30 seconds to find the Settings button. I can't stand it. While NRGZ28 was nice enough to put all the programs in their respective places, there is no organization to the start menu itself... The first entry is "Today," followed by "Total Commander," which should really be in the Utilities Folder, along with the Backlight button. The reset button can stay but its slightly useless with the power-button being mapped to psShutXP. Other then that, the menu just needs cleaned up, with maybe a more-obvious icon for folders versus applications, to make it easier to skim for what you're looking for.

Applications - While I do enjoy almost all of the applications installed with this ROM, I was slightly disappointed that it didn't come with CHome Editor, TitaniumWeather, or reSTART. These programs, excluding TitaniumWeather, are kind of critical to getting WM6.5 to be useful while using Titanium. Other then that, the Applications list is perfectly loaded.

Other then those points, I love this rom. I'm currently using it and bouncing back and forth between Psyki 3, as I love some features of 6.5 and some features of 6.1. Hope my feedback helps! =]

~Orion

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro