PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Sprint

vip2nv is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to vip2nv
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
okay i found something else it vibrates every time i press any button lol its weird even when i get a message it vibrates can somebody help me i dnt want the phone to vibrate even when a get the message please help
have a cheeseburger and fries and think about it
Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip2nv View Post
have a cheeseburger and fries and think about it
lol good one well yea i already found out were to disable the vibrate for the txt msg lol it was obious where but how can i disable the vibrate for every key i press
Old 07-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sombra is a n00b
Smile Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Disable Hardware Haptic Feedback:
[HKLM\Software\OEM\KeyState]
"KeyVibratorState"=DWORD:00000000 <-- Thanks Psyki/ that info is on the first page
Old 07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
lol good one well yea i already found out were to disable the vibrate for the txt msg lol it was obious where but how can i disable the vibrate for every key i press
If I were you I would just flash back to a different ROM. There is no fix nor has it ever been discussed on this thread. Wink Wink. On a serious note, it amazes me how people have the cojones to flash a custom ROM, when there could be the possibilty of "catastrophic" event in cell phone terms, without having the slightest idea about how these devices are put together. I'm not insinuating that people should be computer specialst but to not be able to do any research before testing the waters are silly. I've been on PPCG for a bit now and started out with a vogue and was terrified to flash a ROM because I didn't want to screw my phone up or lose money as a result. I only decided to flash once I had a replcement device in case something went wrong. Fortunatley nothing ever happend bad. I did learn though over a 2 year period to search before asking the same question over and over again as other people have. Try searching before posting or simply stick withe the ROM that is already working for you.. Happy 4th!

Last edited by BenS; 07-04-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid/RAPH800/XV6800
Carrier: Cricket

catfishk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediyuhdigg View Post
theres a softkey manager in your start>utilities>tweaks
or use registry editor HKLM>Software>HTC>Manila
change HomeLSKPath to whatever location and HomeLSKText to what you want it to say
thanks!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

choecker is a n00b

I loved the 6/9 ROM after I changed the battery polling intervals and got used to those dialer bugs. The 6/30 ROM seems to drain the battery much faster even after I install the battery polling cabs and disabled that annoying keypress vibrate. Anyone else seen this problem and have a solution for it? I can't make it through the day and have to go back to the 6/9 if I can't fix it.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

jwbmmqtg is a n00b

Thank you for all this work. I installed the latest version of NRG Rom and many things are fixed. There are a few things left though.

1. Vibrate when connected is not working on my HTC pro. Changed it back to Stuck Rom and it worked. Reinstalled NRG Rom and it didnt work.

2. The wi-fi option under communication tab is deactivated. However the wi-fi can be activated elsewhere

3. The 3G option under communication is activated. There is no way to switch bands.

4. When in call and I press hang-up button, nothing happens. I have to use onscreen touch alternative for that.

5. Incomming call can be answered only by using on-screen slide and the phone button does not work.

I would appriciate if someone could tell me what I should do, or should we just wait for an update.

Thank you again everyone
Old 07-04-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
If you dont mind me asking... How do you know these things? I kinda want to start messing around in Manilla a little and customize things alittle further.

Can you point me in the direction of a tutorial or something?

Thank you!
There's not really any kind of "guide to manila" that I'm aware of, but one relatively easy place to start is looking at / modifying the graphics. Copy all the _manila files to your PC, then search for and download a program called CFC Gui and point it at the directory with your files. With it you can extract, modify, or replace any and all graphics in manila. There's also m9editor which allows much more in depth editing but the tool will also tell you the "name" of each manila file which can be handy.

Some manila files are just images, some are mode9 files, and some like the one mentioned in the OP can be edited in a text editor. Have fun

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

TikiTorch is a n00b

Hey there all - OK I have a couple of questions, yes I've search the forums, etc. I have a Touch Pro that I've a couple of times successfully, using the CDMA EnergyROM, just did the latest release this morning. My question is on how & what the flash is. It seems to be the operating system, yet I am assuming there is an underlying base layer for the actual phone data - what I mean is how does the flash replace everything on the phone but I still have my phone number, my account info/registration for my carrier (in this case Alltel). Where is that information stored and how is it separated from what the ROM is? Also, is there any 'call home' type of program in the phone itself that the carrier could use to identify what OS is on the phone? Do carriers ever do a 'push' of data that the ROM would miss or be corrupted by?
Also, do I need to call the Alltel number to update the phone? It seems to be working fine, and secondly to that I've done all the reading I can on the radio and radio updates, and I don't fully understand the benefit. If my phone is working, why do I need to change the radio program, and like I wrote above, how is the radio software separated from the ROM flash?
I hope this all makes sense, and I love the WM 6.5 and new TouchFLO
Thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

smegma is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegma View Post
As a disclaimer: I've tried flashing to the stock rom and letting the customizations run etc and back to EnergyROM and these issues still popped up.

I searched and couldn't find this discussed but is there any way to turn off answering/ignoring phone calls by using the hardware keys? I checked Advanced Config and the feature is turned off, but for some reason when I get an incoming call I can answer/ignore it by using the hardware keys in addition to using the slider.

Oh, has the hanging up issue been resolved as well? To be more specific, where if you're talking to someone, close the dialer and use the end key and nothing occurs. I had that issue on the 6/12 build and it seems it still occurs on the newest 23001 build.

Has anyone figured out the solution to these issues? Just thought I'd ask again. Thanks!

Last edited by smegma; 07-04-2009 at 04:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro