PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Zeusz32tt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

7.05 Rom is the best one thus far! Stable, fast and the hardware button on the phone work again! (I just upgraded from the 6.05 version) Sweeeeet!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cha2hot87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombra View Post
I had the same problem yesterday here what i did today redownloaded used the link on page 337 flashed through usb,first three times i used micro sd all three flashes had power button issue.After i flashed through usb I hard reset once and have I have not had the power button issue since. Hope that helps.

Ok i will try that! THankx for the suggestion.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

so far i have 2 annoying problems i want to fix

1. my screen keeps rotating like crazy because i use my phone in all different positions, when i picked up my phone today the screen was flipped upside down until i held it right side up then it flipped back. g-sensor is already turned off in manilla..settings..g-sensor, so i dont think thats working, i tried toggling it on and off. how can i keep my screen from auto rotating in most apps?

2. i cant change the right soft key on the home clock screen of manilla. the soft key manager in tweaks only changes the soft keys for windows and not tf3d2, i can see it changed during bootup but as soon as tf3d loads it goes back to being set to camera, i was able to change the left soft key to file explorer using diamond tweak but changing the right key in that app did nothing as well, id really like to assign that button to launch tcpmp instead because i set my call hold to camera

Old 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Despite my issues, I making a contribution. The work NRG does on these roms is really stunning and if we can all afford smartphones and data plans than we can probably all afford to toss a few bucks to the person who makes those things scream! I logged into Paypal today for the first time in 18 months or so, and when funds clear from my checking account in a few days I will be sending them your way NRG.

Moving on to my issue(s)...I realize most of you didn't have the failure-to-power-on-from-standby problem at all, and NRG has replied to my question in his XDA thread that he also has not seen this issue. So be it. I appreciate the reply, and the brilliant roms. Has anyone who WAS experiencing the intermittent failure-to-power-on-from-standby issue with 7/05 EnergyROM 23003 found any solid workaround(s)? Just rabidly curious...I know there were are least 4 or 5 reports of it here in this thread alone...any success?

EDIT: I don't know where I got the idea there was a new Energy Herman build after the 7/05 one...I had my head stuck in too many threads at once I guess. @ JLSS (below) I doubt this is the same as a power issue that might exist with stock, especially since it's being discussed heavily in DaG's XDA kitchen thread since 23003 hit...but with no definitive agreed-upon solution that I see there...It was mentioned in this thread a few times by people right after the 7/05 rom release with some feedback that it could even happen with no apps and modifications changed after flash & reset. It's mentioned here on this page by Sombra and Medic unless I misread what they are referring to...it's not a phantom -- it's just a new issue and it's not that common (fortunately). I am hoping that even if we don't ever fully understand the cause, that is just disappears in a future build. I am betting it will all work out just fine...

Last edited by askwhy; 07-06-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombra View Post
I had the same problem yesterday here what i did today redownloaded used the link on page 337 flashed through usb,first three times i used micro sd all three flashes had power button issue.After i flashed through usb I hard reset once and have I have not had the power button issue since. Hope that helps.
I just flashed through usb and have run into this problem 1 time already. Its not a real common problem so its no biggie considering this ROM rocks. A soft reset fixes it anyways.

I'm using the lastest ROM posted today by the way but I had this problem with the last ROM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

JLSS is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Moving on to my issue(s)...I realize most of you didn't have the failure-to-power-on-from-standby problem at all, and NRG has replied to my question in his XDA thread that he also has not seen this issue. So be it. I appreciate the reply, and the brilliant roms. Has anyone who WAS experiencing the intermittent failure-to-power-on-from-standby issue with 7/05 EnergyROM 23003 tried the new build and found that resolved? Of course I can try it myself, and likely will after I am done seeing clients for the day...Just rabidly curious...I know there were are least 4 or 5 reports of it here in this thread alone...any success?

I and others (at Sprint store) have seen this issue on the factory ROM on the pros. Sometimes it's the battery that causes this and a new battery sometimes solves it, though with mine I exchanged it because of that and other problems as well. My refurb did not have that prob and so far (knock on wood) not with the NRG ROM. The Pros have a one year warranty, Sprint exchanged mine under warranty for a refurb, though YMMV on an exchange.

J
Old 07-06-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/PsykiRom

dboogie2288 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to dboogie2288 Send a message via Yahoo to dboogie2288 Send a message via Skype™ to dboogie2288

7/5 (though still dated 7/4 in device info) is working great for me. I've installed all my apps, and a few tweaks and no issues yet.

One thing I did notice is that the 6/30 release did have the battery polling set to 20000, whereas this 7/5 release is only set for 5000. So, if you make that well documented modification, you should be fine with battery life. Looks like also disabled the Mute on Face Down regedit as well, so that helps too.

Will post more once I use it some more, but no wake issues for me yet. I do use Pocket Shield though...so might mean something.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro, touch pro 2, hd2, evo
Carrier: sprint, t-mobile

jrmatics is keeping up the good workjrmatics is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to jrmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Despite my issues, I making a contribution. The work NRG does on these roms is really stunning and if we can all afford smartphones and data plans than we can probably all afford to toss a few bucks to the person who makes those things scream! I logged into Paypal today for the first time in 18 months or so, and when funds clear from my checking account in a few days I will be sending them your way NRG.

Moving on to my issue(s)...I realize most of you didn't have the failure-to-power-on-from-standby problem at all, and NRG has replied to my question in his XDA thread that he also has not seen this issue. So be it. I appreciate the reply, and the brilliant roms. Has anyone who WAS experiencing the intermittent failure-to-power-on-from-standby issue with 7/05 EnergyROM 23003 tried the new build and found that resolved? Of course I can try it myself, and likely will after I am done seeing clients for the day...Just rabidly curious...I know there were are least 4 or 5 reports of it here in this thread alone...any success?
i had the same problem and what i did was push the top botton twice without holding it down and left it alone for several seconds and it came back on by itself. since then it hasn't happened again. not a technical fix, but it worked for some reason it worked for me
Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmatics View Post
i had the same problem and what i did was push the top botton twice without holding it down and left it alone for several seconds and it came back on by itself. since then it hasn't happened again. not a technical fix, but it worked for some reason it worked for me
Thanks for the tip -- it's worth a try at least. After trying 23003 for most of the day yesterday with it failing to wake periodically I reverted to 23001 so I wouldn't get any surprises while working today. I might give it another go tonight, or I might wait until there is another build to try. In my post you quoted I was confused -- thinking there was already another new herman build to try...but I seem to have been thinking of the GSM folks who have a 7/06...
Old 07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

t803329x is just getting started

I have been a devoted Juicy fan for a while now but this ROM is blowing my f'n mind!!! It's been a week now with not one single issue! This is quite possibly the best ROM I have ever flashed! Thanks NRG for the super awesome work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro