View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 PM
TikiTorch
Lurker

TikiTorch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Hey there all - OK I have a couple of questions, yes I've search the forums, etc. I have a Touch Pro that I've a couple of times successfully, using the CDMA EnergyROM, just did the latest release this morning. My question is on how & what the flash is. It seems to be the operating system, yet I am assuming there is an underlying base layer for the actual phone data - what I mean is how does the flash replace everything on the phone but I still have my phone number, my account info/registration for my carrier (in this case Alltel). Where is that information stored and how is it separated from what the ROM is? Also, is there any 'call home' type of program in the phone itself that the carrier could use to identify what OS is on the phone? Do carriers ever do a 'push' of data that the ROM would miss or be corrupted by?
Also, do I need to call the Alltel number to update the phone? It seems to be working fine, and secondly to that I've done all the reading I can on the radio and radio updates, and I don't fully understand the benefit. If my phone is working, why do I need to change the radio program, and like I wrote above, how is the radio software separated from the ROM flash?
I hope this all makes sense, and I love the WM 6.5 and new TouchFLO
Thanks