PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-Herman
Carrier: Verizon

CuriousG is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Ahhh...you're flashing from the SD card?

...and just to make sure we're all on the same page, you've unlocked the phone properly and have flashed other custom ROMs on this device before? Have you flashed any ROMs from that SD Card to this device?

That error "no image found" is usually what happens when you put the nbh file on teh SD Card to flash...but the SD card is either not formatted properly or there is encryption enabled, so bootloader doesn't recognize the file even though its sitting out ready for flashing.

Just let me know what you've done and we can try to work it out.

Have you tried flashing from the PC?
Thanks for the quick response, ThreeFaces.

I'm always flashing from PC (Win7-64bit) via USB. Interestingly, as a test, I captured the extracted files from NRG's Hermann_CustomRUU.exe and ran the Custom_RUU.exe directly and it seemed to work. Meaning it actually finished booting, installing, and customizing my TP.

I'm trying to get my TP back in working order while at work, so my time to test/re-test is somewhat limited.

I wish my paid software vendors provided half the level of support provided here. Thanks to all.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
Thanks for the quick response, ThreeFaces.

I'm always flashing from PC (Win7-64bit) via USB. Interestingly, as a test, I captured the extracted files from NRG's Hermann_CustomRUU.exe and ran the Custom_RUU.exe directly and it seemed to work. Meaning it actually finished booting, installing, and customizing my TP.

I'm trying to get my TP back in working order while at work, so my time to test/re-test is somewhat limited.

I wish my paid software vendors provided half the level of support provided here. Thanks to all.
Excellent - glad it worked out! ...there are threads linked in my sig that will lead you to some more information about the releases - links to cabs and mods and such.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
You say that like we were dating
Hardly, just seeing what else is out there. nrgz is Da Shiz in my book and will always be. Like Three said, if he's servin'-I'm eatin'! (Three was probably a bit more well spoken than that )
I flashed my first ROM with Energy and never had a reason to look elsewhere. Did feel a bit biased calling it "the best" when I hadnt tried any others. Now I can call myself a more well rounded geek and feel better when I gush over nrgz work.
Thanks for your concern, I ain't going anywhere
Well how is this other ROM? Is she more outgoing with your friends? Does she do things in bed that Energy deemed "dirty"? I need details buddy, because I may wanna try this new chick on for size...if she's worthy that is.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
..been doing alright over here. I'll report if I can get it to fail. I'm on 21864. ...I never last long on 23xxx builds.
Ya another update on the ringer.
I uninstalled both my cab and the Tachi cab, and only used the "pocket mode" & "quiet ring on pickup" Fix.
That is in manila-sense, in "settings/sound & display"

It lasted yesterfay eve until this afternoon, then stoped rinnging
Remember though, I am on 21864, so this not apply to the 23xxx Builds

Next I will try this and the Tachi cab without my fix, then
lastly with my fix.
Hopefully by then we get a newer build cooked up
Old 11-20-2009, 03:46 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Ya another update on the ringer.
I uninstalled both my cab and the Tachi cab, and only used the "pocket mode" & "quiet ring on pickup" Fix.
That is in manila-sense, in "settings/sound & display"

It lasted yesterfay eve until this afternoon, then stoped rinnging
Remember though, I am on 21864, so this not apply to the 23xxx Builds

Next I will try this and the Tachi cab without my fix, then
lastly with my fix.
Hopefully by then we get a newer build cooked up
Yea, I was on a fresh flash of 21864 and only did the "pocket mode" and "quiet ring" settings...I'm still ringing, but I haven't been trying to break the ringers.

...I'm hopeful a new build will address this. It must be associated with either the GSM settings left over in the registry or HTC Volume Control.

When the ringer did fail, all of my other sounds were intact. While they were still failing, I set my volume to "vibrate" and the phone would vibrate when a call came in - worked perfectly. If I turned the volume up on the ringer then, the ringer would "fail". Changing the actual ring tone to "vibrate only" didn't work.

So it seems more volume related than dialer specific. As though the ringer volume gets set to silent...while system volume remains at the set level.

Calls come in, just as if the device was set to silent...when the ringers are failing.

I wonder if attempting to knock out the volume control would do it.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-Herman

CuriousG is a n00b

Quote:
Excellent - glad it worked out! ...there are threads linked in my sig that will lead you to some more information about the releases - links to cabs and mods and such.
New I shouldn't have been multitasking when I did this.

Neither of the 10-Nov-2009 23504 EnergyROMs (Standard or Titanium) will complete the install via USB. Both hang after reboot at '...phone starting up'.

It was the 14-Nov-2009 21864 ROM that worked. Guess I'm back to that one unless anyone has any other thoughts?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
New I shouldn't have been multitasking when I did this.

Neither of the 10-Nov-2009 23504 EnergyROMs (Standard or Titanium) will complete the install via USB. Both hang after reboot at '...phone starting up'.

It was the 14-Nov-2009 21864 ROM that worked. Guess I'm back to that one unless anyone has any other thoughts?
Strange...I'd go with 11/14 then. I'm using that version now. I prefer the 21864 builds, myself.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
...(just found out about tapping the screen to see running programs!)
What do you mean tapping on the screen to see running programs? Are you talking about the quick access task manager?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
Well how is this other ROM? Is she more outgoing with your friends? Does she do things in bed that Energy deemed "dirty"? I need details buddy, because I may wanna try this new chick on for size...if she's worthy that is.
Dont want this to seem like a ROM vs ROM thing but since you asked...."she" is definitely flash-worthy IMO. Whether she's one you can bring home to Mom-only you can know that. As I told a user in that thread who asked essentially the same question F2FO. (Flash to Find Out) ROM choice is subjective, thats the beautiful thing, we can take different chicks out without a committment
Happy Flashing
Old 11-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Dont want this to seem like a ROM vs ROM thing but since you asked...."she" is definitely flash-worthy IMO. Whether she's one you can bring home to Mom-only you can know that. As I told a user in that thread who asked essentially the same question F2FO. (Flash to Find Out) ROM choice is subjective, thats the beautiful thing, we can take different chicks out without a committment
Happy Flashing
someone has commitment issue here
hahahaha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro