PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer75 View Post
Ok, so here's my problem, which no one seems to have mentioned. Every time I view photos, when I click on them, the picture will open, then I will get bumped right back to the sense photo screen. The picture will open in landscape, which is fine, but if I try to click on the menu or the send picture icon, I get bumped out of the photo view. Does anyone else have this issue? I have tried everything that I can think of. I have even hard reset several times. I am really lost here! Oh and yes, I did do the flash dance before updating to this rom.

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm runnning the Nov 21 21869 build.
I am seeing it on 28002. I haven't posted on it since I've been consumed by BSOD (more on that in a minute) and I was waiting to see if it was just me.
Basically I see it like you do, I just tap a second time and the Album stays open. If in Landscape, let the Album open completely before turning your phone, sometimes it crashes, sometimes it dont
If you open in Landscape, rotate to Portrait and then close the Album you may see the image "stuck" in Landscape, just rotate the phone and it will correct itself. No fix, besides giving the pic a second tap if the Album crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNaz View Post
Hmm... It's still placing a -GSM at the end of messages, and not sending.

How about a way to get the default WM Text messaging. I wish the search on this site was better because I remember seeing it, but with nearly 2000 pages, it's hard to find anything.

But yea, default WM Text Messaging? The sense text messaging doesn't work very well. I have trouble tapping to type a message, and it's a bit slow.

Thanks for your help though.
I dont think the GSM tag is messing with your SMS, I THINK it is only something you see. Test it-ask a recipient if they see it.
To disable HTC messaging go to the threads attached files- linked in my sig- and run the zenyee disable cab. That shoud knock out HTC messaging and leave you with MS Mess. I THINK you can still send frm Sense- you just have to do an extra step and hit All Messages first.

BSOD

I AM THE BSOD FIX KILLER!!!!!!!!!
sandmans fix didnt last one test for me, installed, adjusted settings, SR, manually shut off screen and BSOD City Baby the first time I tried to use the phone.
Off to 21869 I go-go.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I am seeing it on 28002. I haven't posted on it since I've been consumed by BSOD (more on that in a minute) and I was waiting to see if it was just me.
Basically I see it like you do, I just tap a second time and the Album stays open. If in Landscape, let the Album open completely before turning your phone, sometimes it crashes, sometimes it dont
If you open in Landscape, rotate to Portrait and then close the Album you may see the image "stuck" in Landscape, just rotate the phone and it will correct itself. No fix, besides giving the pic a second tap if the Album crashes.

I dont think the GSM tag is messing with your SMS, I THINK it is only something you see. Test it-ask a recipient if they see it.
To disable HTC messaging go to the threads attached files- linked in my sig- and run the zenyee disable cab. That shoud knock out HTC messaging and leave you with MS Mess. I THINK you can still send frm Sense- you just have to do an extra step and hit All Messages first.

BSOD

sandmans fix didnt last one test for me, installed, adjusted settings, SR, manually shut off screen and BSOD City Baby the first time I tried to use the phone.
Off to 21869 I go-go.

i guess the fix didnt work eh, i would think it had to be much deeper then just installed a lock program. the problem is the phone goes to sleep and wont awake. which if windows mobile and windows OS have anything in common then i think it would be the kernel. just a thought though.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I flashed 28002 which is an awesome piece of work and I think everyone will admit to it. Yes it has 2 primary issues, the first is the BSOD, and the second is having to apply the zenyeee messaging fix, which technically isn't a problem anymore. Outside of that I think everyone will say that it is a BEAST!! The entire layout of this build with the bottom taskbar and all of the MS submenus and how they are dressing up the appearance of the finger friendly menus, the alarm set app which is so much nicer and more practical then that little old clock where you had to try and drag the hands to desired time or manually enter the time. I have digressed, this direction we are headed with newer builds and moving closer to winmo7 is exciting. I did recently succumb to flashing to 21869 for the stability and haven't had any issues as of yet, no BSOD's but you still need to apply the zenyee cab for messages to go out. It looks like it'll perform nicely up to this point but I certainly miss those dressed up graphics. I'll be eagerly anticipating the next release with some of these issues taken care of.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

grock is just getting started

anyone have the old nrgy 21864 manila 2.1 rom laying around that they could upload or pm me, seems i have deleted mine... believe it was on oct 22...

it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by grock; 11-24-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
i guess the fix didnt work eh, i would think it had to be much deeper then just installed a lock program. the problem is the phone goes to sleep and wont awake. which if windows mobile and windows OS have anything in common then i think it would be the kernel. just a thought though.
Yes, it sounds like the kernel. Chef-speak goes over my head ahuskins was kind enough to decipher Da_G's thread over at xda and they are having the same BSOD with more than just 28002. If you're into that lingo check out this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=19119
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

stimpson is a n00b

Just a bump to second several posts about wanting to keep 2.1 alive even with the new WM builds....

I use my phone plugged into a video cable in my car to charge it, and to use my cars 7 inch video screen for GPS, u-tube and email. This forces me to use landscape mode so a 2.5 that is crippled in landscape just isn't a solution for me most of the time.

I am using the Nov 10th 23504 M2.1 but would like to be using an 088 or 28002 M2.1....

Thanks for all your work!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grock View Post
anyone have the old nrgy 21864 manila 2.1 rom laying around that they could upload or pm me, seems i have deleted mine... believe it was on oct 22...

it would be greatly appreciated!!!
i have the 10-25-09 21864 the most stable of all the 21864 builds, pm me ur email and i'll send it to you!!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
steve!
hahahaha , didn't know my parents changed my name w/o telling me first, but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronkdx200 View Post
I did read, and it stated a fix over at XDA with a csdev lock cab, however no link and no cab, so whaz up?
I think you might be referring to a post I had earlier today. Someone found it to work for them, but it wasn't a fix by any mean. The root of the problem goes way deep, and I hope they'll figure it out soon. =D> And If you just go over to XDA, and search for csdev lock cab, it's everywhere.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

RyanNaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

BSOD

Off to 21869 I go-go.
I think that fixed it all. Everyone is receiving my text messages in record times now. Great!

Thanks again!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by anther View Post
So, far I've only had 2 problems with 21869: the music player in Sense does not play any mp3 file, only the wma for some reason - still unresolved.

The other was the ringer; I noticed that no matter what I chose as my ring tone, the system change it to vibrate only - hence the reason the phone was not ringing. I found a way around this issue.

If anybody has a fix for the music please let me know.
i had the same problem with the music player, i noticed on my sd card the music folder read as MY_MUSIC and sense would not play anything much less even say it was there, i made a folder on sd card simply stated as music and copied everything over and have been listening care free since...as far as the ringer issue all i ever do is copy my custom ringtones over to my ringtones folder,they wont play if i set as ringtone from settings> sounds and notifications,but if i scroll over to settings tab and set ringtones from sound and display they seem to stick,haven't failed since the first time after flash at least.........bet i just jinxed myself

now first and foremost im not claiming these to be "fixes" in any form or fashion,im just stating the steps i have taken and noticed to fix my issues

ok now the pressing issue for me at least..........first flashed and youtube did not play any videos,at some point i installed something and now they play but with no sound,i never use 6.5.x and have always had youtube working thus far on the 2.5 sense 21xxx builds.....any ideas anyone?

also i have not had the dreaded BSOD on this build fyi!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro