PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

makram is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

how can i get this rom to STOP deleting my indox sms???
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makram View Post
Cant be 100% sure but I think I've read something about improper MMS set-up causing that issue. How is your MMS set up?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker

makram is a n00b

mms is workin fine but its my sms that keeo bein deleted once a day.. i changed the setting to manually delete but that didnt help..
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makram View Post
do you have anything set up to backup your info.. i think some app that backsup ur phone will erase ur msg afterwards.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:33 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
im so jealous.. i spent the whole day on wednsday arguing with sprint reps.. i spoke to (i kid you not) about 20 reps. went to 3 different stores and they wouldnt replace my touch pro. they have the phone for like 30 and tell me they dont see something wrong.. HOW THE HECK YOU SUPPOSED TO CHECK GPS if you in the same spot lol..

Reps said to go to store to get in store replacement they said i have to have one. but store refused me the replacement.

o well i got stuck with this hot rom.
LOL. Trying to get a replacement TP?? I shall show you the way my dear friend. First off you have to let them know your phone is defective, but of course you knew that....say something like it over heats really bad and cuts off sometimes.....right?? Okay...then you have to let them know you went to the repair shop and they told you that they could not repair your phone and that you needed a replacement....then here is the catch.....You have to tell them that the repair guy told you about a well list that allows TP owners to replace their defective touch pros with any phone on this list.....unfortunately one of the phones on this list was the TP2 but they took it off about 2 or 3 days ago. ANyways....just tell them that you were told that you could pick from the list of phones...and the list is HTC Snap, BlackBerry Tour 9630, BlackBerry Curve 8330, Palm Pro, and of course the HTC Touch Pro. Just tell them that you were told that you could pick a replacement from that list and choose the phone you want. If you want a replacement TP just tell them that and they have to honor that and give you one. That should definitely get you another or a replacement. Remember to tell them about the memo that came out that will allow TP owners to replace their defective phones with a phone off of that list. Just remember to tell them that your phone is defective and is overheating. I did this and I got a replacement TP and a BlackBerry Tour. I wanted to get the TP2 but they took it off the list 2 or 3 days ago. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker

makram is a n00b

ya nothin that backs up my info.. but ive had this prob. with the past 2 energyROMS .. its kinda anoyin to go look back at a text again abd its missing
Old 10-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jake62 is just getting started

Posted today at 10:46 PM over at xda by NRGZ28:

Yeah.. the beta seems to be hosed anyway. I'm removing the download now

p.s. Now I know why I never got on the 6.5.1 bandwagon... stupid bugs...
Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i did.. the rep on phone tried to order me another one but systm wouldnt let her she said i needed to go into store and pick a brand new phone because i had been having so many issues with touch pros. it said in memos to give me a new phone. i went to store and they said they didnt have a phone to give me (after rep had called to verify). so i went home and talk to like 8 more reps. kept getting transfered around. the last rep told me same thing to go to store and get my replacement.. went to store they said they dont see any issues. im like you have this phone for 30min vs 24hrs that i deal with it. so o replacement went back home talk to like 7 more reps once again transfered around. went back to store. refused to honor memo...

ended up going home YET again talking to retention. they was like how about we give you 75 for upgrade im like r u F***G retarded you want to give me 75 dollars so that i can pay another 400 for a phone that you should be replacing anyways.. THIS CRACKHEAD said its not sprint problem we dont MAKE the phones....

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

kudos to sprint right lol

im usually a very nice person.. Im all skittles and rainbows. plus i had my little girl so i cant like flip out in front of her at the store.
haha sry liked the smilies.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
LOL. Trying to get a replacement TP?? I shall show you the way my dear friend. First off you have to let them know your phone is defective, but of course you knew that....say something like it over heats really bad and cuts off sometimes.....right?? Okay...then you have to let them know you went to the repair shop and they told you that they could not repair your phone and that you needed a replacement....then here is the catch.....You have to tell them that the repair guy told you about a well list that allows TP owners to replace their defective touch pros with any phone on this list.....unfortunately one of the phones on this list was the TP2 but they took it off about 2 or 3 days ago. ANyways....just tell them that you were told that you could pick from the list of phones...and the list is HTC Snap, BlackBerry Tour 9630, BlackBerry Curve 8330, Palm Pro, and of course the HTC Touch Pro. Just tell them that you were told that you could pick a replacement from that list and choose the phone you want. If you want a replacement TP just tell them that and they have to honor that and give you one. That should definitely get you another or a replacement. Remember to tell them about the memo that came out that will allow TP owners to replace their defective phones with a phone off of that list. Just remember to tell them that your phone is defective and is overheating. I did this and I got a replacement TP and a BlackBerry Tour. I wanted to get the TP2 but they took it off the list 2 or 3 days ago. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Everytime I've had to get a replacement, they've always had to replicate the problem. First the screen would randomly not work. That was the hardest problem to show them. Then the keyboard quit. On the last one, the hard keys weren't as responsive as they should be. They probably only got worse because I'd get pissed and keep hitting the talk key harder trying to bring up the dialer, then I'd get even more pissed that I hit it too many times and started calling someone else. But I wouldn't trade it for any other Sprint phone out there right now. Not even the Touch Pro's identical (almost) twin sister, the Touch Pro 2.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
Posted today at 10:46 PM over at xda by NRGZ28:

Yeah.. the beta seems to be hosed anyway. I'm removing the download now

p.s. Now I know why I never got on the 6.5.1 bandwagon... stupid bugs...
download a small simple sms backup and before you go to bed back it up and then restore it in the morning. powersms works great (but only trial. havent found a serial yet but its only $4) and its really cool.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro