PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

I had to hard reset the other day (long story) and this time the rom is acting kinda bad. A few graphical display issues. A few instability issues where TF3D disappears and the phone acts really slow and I have to soft reset. At least once it just spontaneously soft reset. Wow. And still the freezing. I wonder if I should try another rom...MR4 or that NRG 6.5 one that someone said doesn't have the freezing. I hope RTM 6.5 is right around the corner.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

hard reset again and see what happens.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

lazyandy is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to lazyandy

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I just installed the cab you attached to your post. My question is, what does it do to my phone? I just installed the cab file but it just finished and I didn't see any new software icons. Is this normal? I still have the stock rom and just wanted to speed up my phone a little bit and make the battery life longer. Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Well what I noticed was the data connection only stays off when my push email is off (which is like duh) so on the weekends or when I'm in the office, I just turn off push email.

There's a cab I used on top of this rom as well. All the known battery and performance tweaks were part of it. You can try it out if you like.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

thx1200 is a n00b
Re: MightyROM6 -- Updates from Sprint 2.01.651.6?

I know Mighty Mike has "finalled" the last MR6 build (so I don't expect him to take up the task), but just the other day, HTC released an official maintenance release for Sprint Touch Pros with a build of 2.01.651.6. http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=683

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I assume that many drivers in MR6 are derived from the older CDMA ROM builds, right? Is there any way to extract misc drivers and so on from this maintenance release and install any that are newer? It might resolve any dangling issues some are experiencing. Or heck, it might even improve performance.

IANARH (I Am Not A ROM Hacker), so I defer to the experts here! Discuss! Tell me why I'm wrong!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyandy View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I just installed the cab you attached to your post. My question is, what does it do to my phone? I just installed the cab file but it just finished and I didn't see any new software icons. Is this normal? I still have the stock rom and just wanted to speed up my phone a little bit and make the battery life longer. Thanks for your help!
it's a bunch of registry settings. if you have any quirky behavior, you can uninstall it and undo these changes.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 / HTC Hero

volock is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to volock

Thank you for my favorite Windows 6.5 Touch Pro ROM... It's the most stable one I've ever tried

Phone: Sprint Touch Pro (Personal)
Palm Treo Pro (Work)

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 hours sharpening an axe.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I had to hard reset the other day (long story) and this time the rom is acting kinda bad. A few graphical display issues. A few instability issues where TF3D disappears and the phone acts really slow and I have to soft reset. At least once it just spontaneously soft reset. Wow. And still the freezing. I wonder if I should try another rom...MR4 or that NRG 6.5 one that someone said doesn't have the freezing. I hope RTM 6.5 is right around the corner.

You are gonna have some quirks no matter what rom you use with 6.5. It isnt a finished release yet, so now and then it's a graphical error, sometimes a registry setting screws up. hard reset, if that don't fix it, reflash it, if that don't work redownload it. one of the three has gotta work. Me myself, I am an NRG fan, but MightyMike does some fantastic work. just a matter of taste. that doesnt mean that you should run right off to another chef. Some people like Hunts, some people like Hienz, But in the end its just a crappy bottle of ketchup. Likewise with roms. Some people Like Mike, some like Psycki, some people Like NRG, but in the end, its just a beta of windows 6.5.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

julied2u is a n00b

Ok...I LOVE Mighty's work! But this time I'm having trouble. I upgraded to this rom and eveything works fine for a day or so and then it freezes up. I reboot and it sticks at same spot before fully booting up. I have reflashed it 3x (works for .5-2 days and then freezes again) and finally flashed back to stock rom. I'm spoiled by these custom roms, but can't be reflashing all the time.....
Old 09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

toddlamp is a n00b

I have tried to flash the latest ROM but during the flash process my status bar will get to random completion points (the last time was 26%, the time before the was 12%) and then stop. Then I am presented with "Error 262: Update Error" and I go through the recovery process.

What's going on?? I have never had any problems with flash MightyROMS. I would appreciate the help since as of now i'm without a phone!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

toddlamp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlamp View Post
I have tried to flash the latest ROM but during the flash process my status bar will get to random completion points (the last time was 26%, the time before the was 12%) and then stop. Then I am presented with "Error 262: Update Error" and I go through the recovery process.

What's going on?? I have never had any problems with flash MightyROMS. I would appreciate the help since as of now i'm without a phone!

Apparently 15th time is the charm. I was finally able to flash it.

The only thing that I changed was to let the phone charge some more. With all the attempts I made, I was sure the battery was getting low. Could that have done it? I know that the instructions say not to flash unless the battery is over 50%.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development