PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Mobile 6.5]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyskinesia View Post
here's what I did. as it is extracting read the location of the temp folder it is writing to for me it was documents and settings\user\local settings\Rarsfx1\. now navigate to that folder WITHOUT CLOSING THE ROM UPDATE PROGRAM. all needed files will be there. pagepool changer etc. make the changes you want then close the pagepool changer now run the ROM UPDATE program and you can close the temp folder if you'd like
You can also use WinRar to extract the files from the .exe. I found that much easier than chasing them down in the temp folder.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mongoose107 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
I just turned on internet connection sharing, plugged the phone into my pc (windows 7) and the phone screen asked if I wanted to sync with outlook or connect to the internet, I said internet and my pc automatically detected a new network and I was off, no need to dial up or anything.

Thanks but I am using windows XP its on a netbook!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose107 View Post
Thanks but I am using windows XP its on a netbook!
As far as I know it should still work the same. You plug the USB into the PC and then into the phone. A screen comes up on the phone with three options:

1) Active Sync
2) Disk Drive
3) Internet Sharing

Just select Internet Sharing and it should do the rest automatically. Takes a minute to connect but then you're good to go!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

I noticed today that if you don't get that screen you can go view All Programs and you should have one that says internet sharing, open that and make sure network dropdown says Phone as Modem. then click connect in the bottom left.

So, does anyone know where the themes that come with mightrom are kept on the phone, I want to use a mightyrom background as my TF3D wallpaper but I can't find the background pic itself.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
I noticed today that if you don't get that screen you can go view All Programs and you should have one that says internet sharing, open that and make sure network dropdown says Phone as Modem. then click connect in the bottom left.
There is a setting somewhere that you can change if that screen doesn't show up. not quite sure where it is though...

I would recommend using the DATA option instead of PAM. I've have heard of people having trouble with carrier charges while using PAM. Also, when using PAM, you cannot receive incoming phone calls. By using DATA, the carrier only sees that you're using data from your phone, and not tehtering. Plus you can still receive incoming calls while using the DATA option.

Quote:
So, does anyone know where the themes that come with mightrom are kept on the phone, I want to use a mightyrom background as my TF3D wallpaper but I can't find the background pic itself.
You might check in the "/Windows" folder on your device. I'm pretty sure I saw them in there. I'm not entirely sure what the names of the image files are, or what format they are. If I remember correctly, they are named similar to the theme they belong to (i.e. Rock & Republic, etc.)

Hope that helps!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Yeah, I looked there and there were files for the themes but none of them were the wallpaper.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hamelin@gmail.com is a n00b

I've got some sort of weird ringtone bug on my HTC Touch Pro with the latest version of MightyROM6 on it. I have a small mp3 set to go off when I get texts and it works a couple times but after six or seven texts it'll stop playing when I receive texts. The phone will still vibrate in a short burst (shorter than it does when the sound plays).

If I go into the sound settings and try to preview the mp3 after this happens, it won't play. powering the phone off and back on will fix the problem.

I had a different Touch with MightyROM5 on it but this bug never happened. Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Here I go: installing MR6 on my 6th replacement Touch Pro. 4 bad keyboards and 2 bad screens. I believe this is going to deserve a WEL replacement to a TP2, when they are available. The only way to get TP replacements now, is to call for advance replacement. No stores have them or parts for them anymore. C'mon Sept 8th!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
Here I go: installing MR6 on my 6th replacement Touch Pro. 4 bad keyboards and 2 bad screens. I believe this is going to deserve a WEL replacement to a TP2, when they are available. The only way to get TP replacements now, is to call for advance replacement. No stores have them or parts for them anymore. C'mon Sept 8th!
At least your stores had some in the first place. None of the Verizon stores (at least in my state) ever got any TPs in stock. I walked in when my first one's keyboard went out and everyone was like "Wow! what phone is that?!" LOL!

But yeah I agree about getting upgraded to a TP2. These phones aren't cheap to buy and for what they cost the dang keyboard should wash my dishes, but at the very least it should WORK when I want it to.

On a side note... How did your screens go bad? I had a buddy of mine text me last night and say his backlight would come on, but no image would show up. The only way to get it back was to power it up in bootloader mode and then soft reset. But then as soon as the screen shut off it wouldn't come back again. I'm gonna have him hard reset (maybe reflqsh back to stock then back to MR6) tonight to see if that helps. was that the same screen issue you've had?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

BabyEater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BabyEater

MightyMike,
I love your stuff. I've tried a few ROMs and I always come back to yours, despite the one big flaw.

The flaw I speak of if this : no matter what, BT Explorer doesn't work. It works without a hitch on Juicy's stuff. The newest ROM over there even uses the TF3D from the TP2.

I can't wait until you put something out like that.

Until then, it is a bounce between Juicy8 and Juicy4.

Please, even if you don't port the new TF3D to the Touch Pro, at least fix the BT Explorer issue.

--
Turns out, Juicy's biggest flaw may be more annoying. No matter what, no Sprint Picture Messaging. Think I may flash back to Mighty6 this weekend.

Last edited by BabyEater; 08-28-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: b/c double posting is FTL
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development