PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Is there anything I can do to speed up the access time when using a file explorer to browse the windows directory? I have tried with resco, total commander, and the default file explorer. Is it an issue related to WM 6.5? It takes around 4 minutes for it to bring up the windows directory.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

CodeMaster2008 is a n00b
WM 6.5 lock and slide to answer

Hi;

I use to have Juicy8 and decided to give MR5 a try 2 days ago.
Just loving it. Very well done. Thanks a lot.

The thing i like most is the WM6.5 slide to unlock combined with AutoLock Screen (v 1.7E). The phone autolock on wakeup. It's perfect.

The only problem i found and would like to know if somebody came up with a solution is the dialer slide to answer that overrides the WM slide to answer.
I searched here an found many people asking about it but the only solution i found is to disable the dialer skin. However, on another thread (can't remeber where) somebody says that disable it wasn't a good idea because it can cause some other problems.

Anyways, the stock slide to answer is pretty nice but the dialer itself is ugly as hell.

Is there anything we can do to disable the slide to answer of the skin?
If it's a WM 6.5 ROM and WM has a very nice slide to answer why we need another one? I know the WM one will just appear if the phone is locked, however if the phone is out of my pocket and unlocked, i probabily won't press the answer key by mistake.
Also, we have to consider that if (in my case) the phone locks itself after a few seconds on stand by, i probabily will always have to "slide to answer".

Last edited by CodeMaster2008; 06-29-2009 at 11:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
Twitter would be a great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj12345 View Post
Another vote for Twitter announcements here. If any of you follow any quality WinMo or HTC Touch Pro tweeps let me know who. Tweet to @dugleah.
www.mightyrom.com

signup for the rss feed.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: WM 6.5 lock and slide to answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMaster2008 View Post
Hi;

I use to have Juicy8 and decided to give MR5 a try 2 days ago.
Just loving it. Very well done. Thanks a lot.

The thing i like most is the WM6.5 slide to unlock combined with AutoLock Screen (v 1.7E). The phone autolock on wakeup. It's perfect.

The only problem i found and would like to know if somebody came up with a solution is the dialer slide to answer that overrides the WM slide to answer.
I searched here an found many people asking about it but the only solution i found is to disable the dialer skin. However, on another thread (can't remeber where) somebody says that disable it wasn't a good idea because it can cause some other problems.

Anyways, the stock slide to answer is pretty nice but the dialer itself is ugly as hell.

Is there anything we can do to disable the slide to answer of the skin?
If it's a WM 6.5 ROM and WM has a very nice slide to answer why we need another one? I know the WM one will just appear if the phone is locked, however if the phone is out of my pocket and unlocked, i probabily won't press the answer key by mistake.
Also, we have to consider that if (in my case) the phone locks itself after a few seconds on stand by, i probabily will always have to "slide to answer".
Can you please share this AutoLock that you are using?

...Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

CodeMaster2008 is a n00b
Re: WM 6.5 lock and slide to answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
Can you please share this AutoLock that you are using?
...Thanks in advance.
Sure, here it is:
http://thewingster.com/autolockscreen.aspx

At least for me, it's being working like a charm.
Just install it and go to "Start/Settings/System" and look for "Smart Lock".
I just checked the options:
"WM6.5 new lock" and "Suspend Lock"
Old 06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Loving the MightyROM5... Its amazing!! Though, with this ROM, I noticed that my Data always stays connected. Even if I go to Settings -> Communications and turn Data Connection Off, it turns right back on. That's got to seriously affect the battery... Is there a way to fix that? I don't think I have ever seen this with any other ROM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
Loving the MightyROM5... Its amazing!! Though, with this ROM, I noticed that my Data always stays connected. Even if I go to Settings -> Communications and turn Data Connection Off, it turns right back on. That's got to seriously affect the battery... Is there a way to fix that? I don't think I have ever seen this with any other ROM.
Nothing is wrong.

The 6.5 data arrows do not turn off, or atleast show you, although your data does really go into standby / disconnect.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I don't know if i got a fluke flash this week but,

I've been testing the first build of mightyrom6 for the last 3 days now.

Battery life has been out of this world, i don't know why.

Took my phone off the charger today at 12pm, it is now 1:45am and I am at 70% battery.

This is with msn mobile running throughout the day for a few hours.

battery meter is probably broken hahaha!!!
If it works it works ....... I wont ask how or why just glad it does..... cant wait to see your new creation......
Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/AT&T Tilt
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

dsireme is a n00b
Re: [January 11th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [TOUCH PRO EDITION] [UC Compatible]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

This one has the Alltel setup in it instead of the Verizon. I just went in and changed it VzW but I am still getting message failed. Is there any other place that I could be missing something that needs to be changed? I have been working on this for hours now.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TivoTyro is a n00b

I found someone already has twitter set up with a feed from the Mighty Rom blog!!!

Just: follow ppcupdates
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development