PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrm66 View Post
Question: No matter what alarm is set, it is the same sound. Even if I change it so something else is uses the same ringer on all 3 alarms. Any ideas? Thanks.

You have to set the sound in events. I tried to set it with the alarm settting from the clock but, you are correct. That will not work. Go to Settings\sounds and notifications\notifications tab and set reminders to whatever sound you want. That will give you your alarm of choice.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

andyrm66 is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
You have to set the sound in events. I tried to set it with the alarm settting from the clock but, you are correct. That will not work. Go to Settings\sounds and notifications\notifications tab and set reminders to whatever sound you want. That will give you your alarm of choice.
That works! thanks! Just miss being able to set 3 different sounds for 3 different alarms. Have any other ideas/
Old 06-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrm66 View Post
That works! thanks! Just miss being able to set 3 different sounds for 3 different alarms. Have any other ideas/
You could try and google Ringo v1.4.0.4 PPC and see if that brings any results. It is just an idea. I google stuff all day. Never know what that great big search engine might find.

Last edited by buggerritt; 06-03-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dividebyzero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
You could try and google Ringo v1.4.0.4 PPC and see if that brings any results. It is just an idea. I google stuff all day. Never know what that great big search engine might find.
I used to use Ringo when I had a Palm and for a long time after upgrading to a WM5 phone a few years ago. One day I realized I didn't need it any more since the only real function it gives is different rings for different people or groups so I stopped installing it.

It only works with the SMS ring and phone ring. IT does a great job of assigning as many or as few different rings to as many or as few people/groups as you'd like. I really liked the groups option although you have to go through and make sure everyone is in a group/the right group. That way you know just from the ring if it's work calling or your girlfriend and judge if it's worth getting up for.

Unless there was a change I'm not aware of, it doesn't do anything with your alarm rings.

There are a hectacre of alarm programs out there though that would fix the problem. I kind of like G-Alarm because you can shake it to turn it off or jsut turn on the light. Pretty cool!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:39 PM
N00b

Circaflex is a n00b

Some issues ive had lately:

Most of the time, names wont show up when they are calling me, i hear/feel it ring, and hace to push the answer button, then on the screen the slide to answer will show up.

Sometimes after hanging up a call, the phone will lock on the call ended screen

Anyone else having these issues?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dividebyzero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Serge View Post
Will be able to retrieve the info save on my storage card if I do that
First stick it in your computer and see if you can read it there. Also try to see if it works in some other phone if you can.

Last time this happened to me I had to replace the card. It may be starting or has already failed. Always backup your card as well as your device. Do this once a month or more often depending on how much your information changes or how critical the info is.

I just had an external HD fail and I was quoted $1700 to recover the info on it. So I learned the gospel of backing up the hard way.

I know I sound like I work for them but Sprite Backup can backup both your device and your SD in one smooth movement.

If it doesn't even work in your computer, then it's shot and you need a new card and no, everything on the card is gone.

If it works in your computer and never worked in the TP then it's the fact that 16gig cards don't tango well with the TP.

If it did once work in the TP and still works in your computer, back up the card to the computer. It could be begining to fail or you may have changed the wrong settings on your phone.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Cricket

kcallis is just getting started

I am getting ready to do MR5 on a formally Sprint TP and moving over to Cricket. After the initial flash, and the setup of MMS and the likes, is there anything else I should do to integrate better with being on the Cricket network?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
I am getting ready to do MR5 on a formally Sprint TP and moving over to Cricket. After the initial flash, and the setup of MMS and the likes, is there anything else I should do to integrate better with being on the Cricket network?
sorry your going to cricket, there network and internet sucks so bad, such a nice phone but you wont get anything out of it other than what cricket provides. But, if thats your choice (and it is) good luck. I left cricket with a flashed htc touch on there network, only thing that i could watch youtube on was vtap.lol and it took like 3 to 5 min to download a 1 mb file. it took the same to load a vtap video. sorry, i just hate seeing a pro abused like that.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i'm not sure if this is mr5 or a program that i've installed, but every time i open or close my keyboard, it goes to the today screen. drives me bonkers because i'll be responding to a text, so i open the keyboard and then have to go back to my texts to respond. anyone have any idea about how to stop this?
i had a rom do this once, It made me flash roms and it was the only rom that did it, actually it was copper, I loved it other than that, After soft reseting it would work fine for like 3 hours then exit every program, and i feel your pain, it annooyed the crap outta me.... I hope you figure it out
Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone know if there's a fix for the messaging bug?
sometimes when i turn on the phone it the top of the screen will show messaging but the rest of the screen would be in tf3d.

also is there a fix for the scrolling issue in the call history of the phonecanvas?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development