PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EvO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

blackrain is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blackrain
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

i need to reset my phone due to several issues but i have to use ##786 & of course the dialer isnt working for this it works for ##3282 & ##778 i really need this b/c my web has been down for the last 2 days & my web is down im really starting to get frustrated if anyone can help please let me know...also i cant use update profile or anything i dont know what's going on everything going bad @ once!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jinzhen is just getting started

I already knew this was the way it was going to be. Great job for the work and thanks again for the fun M.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
i need to reset my phone due to several issues but i have to use ##786 & of course the dialer isnt working for this it works for ##3282 & ##778 i really need this b/c my web has been down for the last 2 days & my web is down im really starting to get frustrated if anyone can help please let me know...also i cant use update profile or anything i dont know what's going on everything going bad @ once!!!

Have you tried hard resetting it?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM

tstretch is becoming a great contributor

HELP NEEDED!
Just tried this ROM out today and i LOVE it! But I've had to reload it 4 times already today... Is it the ROM acting wierd on my phone or is it perhaps my phone dying or something.. Here's whats going on with it:

This morning
Installed Merdin 5.1 rom , then Tsowentaskbar6 & phone freezes on boot. At the initial black Touch Pro screen before Windows loads. So I reflashed the ROM again, installed the Tsowentaskbar6 (it worked this time), synced my contacts, and was good for a a little while.

Two Hours Later:
I changed a today theme to a different color. Worked fine. Then changed it again to the Big Button Theme and the phone froze. Rebooted it, and it then it stuck on the Windows mobile screen. Rebooted again and it froze again at the initial black Touch Pro screen.. AHH! Reflashed ROM again and it worked during lunch w/ just Beejive and Sprint Navigation installed - no other customizations had been done...

Then After Lunch
Plugged my phone in to PC to sync some files and realized all the folders on my phone were renamed, Looks like they got corrupted or something... There was a folder called ";" and it seemed like some where missing too. and the My Docs folder was called "D". There were a couple other strange ones I didn't recognize also...
Rebooted (soft reset) and then phone went into first-time-running-windows mode. LIke I had just hard reset. Then it got stuck at the align screen section and just ran over and over and over again.

That was the Titanium Only version of this Rom so I then tried the regular version w/ TouchFlo3D... Reflashed ROM...

Afternoon
That worked for a while but around 4:30 same thing started happening where links stop working and Resco file manager can't find certain folders and stuff. So I reflashed AGAIN and its still working now... But Im afraid to do much to it or thinking it might die again.

Here's the Advice Needed:
Should I try another ROM? A juicy or Mighty, or even stock and see if its just this ROM thats somehow acting up? Seems like its hardware related to me though..??? Could my memory be on its way to the grave or something and corrupting files???
Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
HELP NEEDED!
Just tried this ROM out today and i LOVE it! But I've had to reload it 4 times already today... Is it the ROM acting wierd on my phone or is it perhaps my phone dying or something.. Here's whats going on with it:

This morning
Installed Merdin 5.1 rom , then Tsowentaskbar6 & phone freezes on boot. At the initial black Touch Pro screen before Windows loads. So I reflashed the ROM again, installed the Tsowentaskbar6 (it worked this time), synced my contacts, and was good for a a little while.

Two Hours Later:
I changed a today theme to a different color. Worked fine. Then changed it again to the Big Button Theme and the phone froze. Rebooted it, and it then it stuck on the Windows mobile screen. Rebooted again and it froze again at the initial black Touch Pro screen.. AHH! Reflashed ROM again and it worked during lunch w/ just Beejive and Sprint Navigation installed - no other customizations had been done...

Then After Lunch
Plugged my phone in to PC to sync some files and realized all the folders on my phone were renamed, Looks like they got corrupted or something... There was a folder called ";" and it seemed like some where missing too. and the My Docs folder was called "D". There were a couple other strange ones I didn't recognize also...
Rebooted (soft reset) and then phone went into first-time-running-windows mode. LIke I had just hard reset. Then it got stuck at the align screen section and just ran over and over and over again.

That was the Titanium Only version of this Rom so I then tried the regular version w/ TouchFlo3D... Reflashed ROM...

Afternoon
That worked for a while but around 4:30 same thing started happening where links stop working and Resco file manager can't find certain folders and stuff. So I reflashed AGAIN and its still working now... But Im afraid to do much to it or thinking it might die again.

Should I try another ROM? A juicy or Mighty, or even stock and see if its just this ROM thats somehow acting up? Seems like its hardware related to me though..??? Could my memory be on its way to the grave or something and corrupting files???
IM thinking it could be a hardware issue, but flash back to stock rom just to make sure, or try calling sprint and ask them to exchange the phone for you, or take it to a sprint store.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Unfortunately, this is the only ROM that does't seem to work on my Touch Pro... Can't figure why but I'll be getting a TP2 soon anyway.

But Merdin, I love both your black keyboard on your website and the other SIP keyboard you included in your ROM but can't remember the name of it. It had an icon in Settings even that allowed for lots of configuration. Can you tell me what it was called, or even provide the cab or a link? Thanks so much!

Again - love your ROM! Wish I could keep it working on my phone... :/

Last edited by tstretch; 09-22-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ah - Nevermind. Finally figured it out. FingerKeyboard2. Thanks again!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nooooooo.... I wish I had an extra touch pro to send you.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

djlilmikeny is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
HELP NEEDED!

This morning

Two Hours Later:

Then After Lunch

Afternoon

wen i use merdin's rom, i had some troubles too....for some reason, the battery died quicker than stock...then i tried pyksi, and now im on Mighty Rom WM6.5..final version...so far so good. i get about 10.5 hours (from 100% to the point where the fone shuts off itself) with Palringo instant messenger running in the backround...also, about 6 hours out of the 9, im in school so the service is also a bit decreased. note: i didnt make any fone calls..just a couple of IMs. =) i am officially a fan of mighty rom. everything is working smooth...and the ram percentage stays between 40% and 44%. i reccomend mighty rom WM 6.5 Final if Merdin unfortunately does not work for u. also, like Merdin told me b4, keep a spare battery on u.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

Last edited by djlilmikeny; 09-22-2009 at 09:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yes that would be great! I've reached my limit of Sprint's online phone replacement program. On my way to the Sprint store tomorrow morning to get this stupid thing replaced again. Just for the record, this will be Touch Pro # 8 since Jan... As much as I love this phone, the hardware SUCKS!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development