View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
tstretch
PPCGeeks Regular

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

HELP NEEDED!
Just tried this ROM out today and i LOVE it! But I've had to reload it 4 times already today... Is it the ROM acting wierd on my phone or is it perhaps my phone dying or something.. Here's whats going on with it:

This morning
Installed Merdin 5.1 rom , then Tsowentaskbar6 & phone freezes on boot. At the initial black Touch Pro screen before Windows loads. So I reflashed the ROM again, installed the Tsowentaskbar6 (it worked this time), synced my contacts, and was good for a a little while.

Two Hours Later:
I changed a today theme to a different color. Worked fine. Then changed it again to the Big Button Theme and the phone froze. Rebooted it, and it then it stuck on the Windows mobile screen. Rebooted again and it froze again at the initial black Touch Pro screen.. AHH! Reflashed ROM again and it worked during lunch w/ just Beejive and Sprint Navigation installed - no other customizations had been done...

Then After Lunch
Plugged my phone in to PC to sync some files and realized all the folders on my phone were renamed, Looks like they got corrupted or something... There was a folder called ";" and it seemed like some where missing too. and the My Docs folder was called "D". There were a couple other strange ones I didn't recognize also...
Rebooted (soft reset) and then phone went into first-time-running-windows mode. LIke I had just hard reset. Then it got stuck at the align screen section and just ran over and over and over again.

That was the Titanium Only version of this Rom so I then tried the regular version w/ TouchFlo3D... Reflashed ROM...

Afternoon
That worked for a while but around 4:30 same thing started happening where links stop working and Resco file manager can't find certain folders and stuff. So I reflashed AGAIN and its still working now... But Im afraid to do much to it or thinking it might die again.

Here's the Advice Needed:
Should I try another ROM? A juicy or Mighty, or even stock and see if its just this ROM thats somehow acting up? Seems like its hardware related to me though..??? Could my memory be on its way to the grave or something and corrupting files???