PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
Hello everyone, Jon (Noob) here. I just got an HTC Touch Pro, interested in personalizing it a bit more but have some questions b4 I do so to not run into problems.

When installing ROM's like this one, is doing so pretty much wipe everything clean, like a reformat but with the new ROM?

The reason I ask is I don't want to be spending hours experimenting, and I certainly don't want to get into a task that is going to involve doing compicated things with/to files and then find that I did something wrong and have my phone acting crazy....besides I don't want to lose my text messages.

And I also noticed these roms include a ton of stuff, thats the other thing, I don't want to load up my phone with things I wont use, just the things that I need, plus whatever advancements/improvements the rom will offer to my overal use of the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon
so my question is, why do you want to flash your phone then? you dont have to flash you know. Thats the only way to do it bro. Is spend hours figuring out what works and what doesnt. As long as you can do a clear storage, you're fine. trial and error. as long as your phone is unlocked and your downloading a rom for the right device and technology, your not gonna screw your phone up.

I have been on this rom for a couple weeks now, and it still is by far the best to my liking. Im putting my wife on it now, and plan to leave her on it. So i was wondering if anyone had fiugered out a way to have titanium radar to work? Ive used GPS radar and tried merging the command but it will not lauch from titanium. Thats gonna be her one gripe, and If possible Id like to fix it. The second thing for me at least, say your on this site, via opera, and you try and reply or post a post. It wont let you type in the screen. Weirdest thing. Everything else about opera works, except letting type in letter feilds. Any body else experiencing this?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EvO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

blackrain is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to blackrain
Red face Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

I have just one issue so far when i finish texting someone and want to x out of the messaging program it freezes then goes to where all my threaded txt are then freezes there sometimes up to about a min or so. Then it allows me to x out to the today screen anyone else with the same issue??? Also i know this is just a wm6.5 issue but does anyone know of a fix or Merdin are you working on a fix for the delay issue with the 6.5 lock screen I got the bubbles to stop popping up but it still delays any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
The second thing for me at least, say your on this site, via opera, and you try and reply or post a post. It wont let you type in the screen. Weirdest thing. Everything else about opera works, except letting type in letter feilds. Any body else experiencing this?
If you go ahead and hit "submit reply" (even though you didn't type anything) you will get a popup screen-- just check "stop executing scripts on this page" and you will be able to type in there now.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
If you go ahead and hit "submit reply" (even though you didn't type anything) you will get a popup screen-- just check "stop executing scripts on this page" and you will be able to type in there now.
Very good call my friend. I couldnt figure that out for the life of me. Many thanks.

Ok well that does it, its for the most part perfect. Only bug I know of now, is the translator app not translating. I searched and never seen a fix. Is there a cab to reinstall the translator or somethin of the nature?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

zolttt is a n00b

kinda new to this whole thing, have a touch pro, installed this rom and i changed one of the themes (to a preinstalled one) and touchflo disappeared and never came back... and that makes me sad.

also when and if it ever comes back is there a way to have all the tabs constantly appear? instead of having to click that lil box to bring them up?

thanks

update: got touchflo back, but still would like the tabs to always be there

Last edited by zolttt; 09-07-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jinzhen is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
I have just one issue so far when i finish texting someone and want to x out of the messaging program it freezes then goes to where all my threaded txt are then freezes there sometimes up to about a min or so. Then it allows me to x out to the today screen anyone else with the same issue??? Also i know this is just a wm6.5 issue but does anyone know of a fix or Merdin are you working on a fix for the delay issue with the 6.5 lock screen I got the bubbles to stop popping up but it still delays any help would be greatly appreciated

I have the same issue - one of the small glitches in 6.5 - a fix would be great
Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1

jtorres is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
so my question is, why do you want to flash your phone then? you dont have to flash you know. Thats the only way to do it bro. Is spend hours figuring out what works and what doesnt. As long as you can do a clear storage, you're fine. trial and error. as long as your phone is unlocked and your downloading a rom for the right device and technology, your not gonna screw your phone up.

I have been on this rom for a couple weeks now, and it still is by far the best to my liking. Im putting my wife on it now, and plan to leave her on it. So i was wondering if anyone had fiugered out a way to have titanium radar to work? Ive used GPS radar and tried merging the command but it will not lauch from titanium. Thats gonna be her one gripe, and If possible Id like to fix it. The second thing for me at least, say your on this site, via opera, and you try and reply or post a post. It wont let you type in the screen. Weirdest thing. Everything else about opera works, except letting type in letter feilds. Any body else experiencing this?

the thing is I want to improve my phone, but seems like most threads i read everyone says "installed this/that, and now this doesnt work, or this is not functioning", and thats what I want to avoid.

What I want is to do this as seamless as possible, with good information, and not be reverting back to original over and over, based on failed attempts.

So with that said, are there any suggestions for a Sprint HTC Pro what ROMS are totally bug free or issue free that I can install without any issue?

I also want to install some sort of black theme that looks good.

thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 05:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Jtorres, there really is no easy button when it comes to picking a rom and flashing. Part of the fun and hassle is trying and experimenting with different roms based on what you read in the posts about them. I usually just try it a bit before installing my usual programs if they are missing from the rom I chose. You either like to flash for the fun of it or you might just be better off stock if you don't like any trial and error experimentation. I like Merdin's roms and would be flashing back to it right now if my battery was charged up enough. Good luck with your choice of either the red or blue pill.

Last edited by fsp48; 09-08-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post

I also have the same issue...

-Sayajin
Old 09-09-2009, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

I just upgraded from 4.3 to 5.5. So far I think it rocks. My issue at the moment is that the screen rotate is slow. In 4.3 it was almost instant and now I can count to 3 before it flips. Any ideas?

Thanks for a great Rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development