PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljayhova View Post
Personally I love your roms I think they're the best out it's been awhile since a new release do you have anything planned for the near future?
Im planning on some more releases, ive just been really busy last few weeks, and still pretty much busy with everything thats going on, but as soon as i get time i can start working on some things.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Merdin are you planning on any 6.1 releases or is 6.5 the direction your heading?
Yours and pyski's are my favorites roms to use and both of you are seeming to go more into 6.5's direction. I hate 6.5....lol....I've tried most and jus cant stand them.
The last version of 6.1 of your rom had an issue with opera mobile freezing momentarily but repeatedly while scrolling pages in landscape. Thats sorda turned me to pyski's since his doesnt have that issue. i read and searched but never found a fix rather I found out that their was many other roms with the same issue.

your roms battery use and memory footprint had better results than pyski's but with opera giving me a hard time i leaned more towards pyski's because i mainley use opera in landscape.

Either way your chef skills are awesome and thank for your hard work.....

Last edited by MinLo; 08-28-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
Merdin are you planning on any 6.1 releases or is 6.5 the direction your heading?
Yours and pyski's are my favorites roms to use and both of you are seeming to go more into 6.5's direction. I hate 6.5....lol....I've tried most and jus cant stand them.
The last version of 6.1 of your rom had an issue with opera mobile freezing momentarily but repeatedly while scrolling pages in landscape. Thats sorda turned me to pyski's since his doesnt have that issue. i read and searched but never found a fix rather I found out that their was many other roms with the same issue.

your roms battery use and memory footprint had better results than pyski's but with opera giving me a hard time i leaned more towards pyski's because i mainley use opera in landscape.

Either way your chef skills are awesome and thank for your hard work.....
Im still planning on making more 6.1 roms, just time is a issue for me, i just now got home, and need to leave again at 7 in the morning, and probably wont be back home all day, but whenever i get a chance i will work on it.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

reyesjd24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to reyesjd24 Send a message via MSN to reyesjd24 Send a message via Yahoo to reyesjd24

I am having trouble flashing this ROM to my touch can someone help!!! I am currently using the Mighty ROM and have used the Silance and Psyki Rom's Don't know why this one isn't installing... Thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You can easily add any icons etc you want to any ROM, so it's fairly easy to make a ROM look any way you want.

One thing I have never been able to fix is ROM's that refuse to play games like Need For Speed g-sen however. This ROM will not run that game, if it did I would never run anything else........

~John
I know it's supposed to be easy to replace files and things to change icons, but when I try, either Total Commander doesn't allow me to replace the files or it takes forever and ends up freezing. I eventually just gave up.
I would also like to know how to change the startup screen...
Old 08-30-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/TP2/Moment

DaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to DaddieDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
I would also like to know how to change the startup screen...
Have you tried to use advance config, that will let use a different start up screen. As far as your other issue why you would have that type of problems.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

i have tried advanced config but it doesn't have an option for my startup animation

edit: i should have scrolled down a little farther lol. i figured it out- not as difficult as i was imagining!

Last edited by cassith; 08-31-2009 at 01:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dirty_blues is a n00b

Good Morning Merdinh! First and foremost thanks for taking the time to cook up this ROM. This is my first flash, and I'm really enjoying it. There are two issues that I'm having though that I would like to bring to your attention.

1. Alarm - I set an alarm last night, chose my alarm sound but it doesn't seem to be working. It appears that the alarms sounds are being over-ridden as system events. So no matter which alarm sound I choose, I'm getting just a single soft beep as a system event rather than a noisey alarm clock. I was able to set my system events sound to an alarm, but now have loud alarms for events like like low batterys etc.

2. Sprint - TV. I know this one has been mentioned before as I searched this thread. I tried all the fixes listed, but still getting the 7004 error. Any update on this?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

skipdogg is just getting started
Smile Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_blues View Post
Good Morning Merdinh! First and foremost thanks for taking the time to cook up this ROM. This is my first flash, and I'm really enjoying it. There are two issues that I'm having though that I would like to bring to your attention.

1. Alarm - I set an alarm last night, chose my alarm sound but it doesn't seem to be working. It appears that the alarms sounds are being over-ridden as system events. So no matter which alarm sound I choose, I'm getting just a single soft beep as a system event rather than a noisey alarm clock. I was able to set my system events sound to an alarm, but now have loud alarms for events like like low batterys etc.

2. Sprint - TV. I know this one has been mentioned before as I searched this thread. I tried all the fixes listed, but still getting the 7004 error. Any update on this?
In order to get your alarms to work what you need to do is go to sounds and notifications. From there go to Notifications and scroll down to Reminders. Make sure play sound is not checked. Once this is down you can set any alarm you like and it should work. I hope this helps.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1

jtorres is a n00b
Question Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

Hello everyone, Jon (Noob) here. I just got an HTC Touch Pro, interested in personalizing it a bit more but have some questions b4 I do so to not run into problems.

When installing ROM's like this one, is doing so pretty much wipe everything clean, like a reformat but with the new ROM?

The reason I ask is I don't want to be spending hours experimenting, and I certainly don't want to get into a task that is going to involve doing compicated things with/to files and then find that I did something wrong and have my phone acting crazy....besides I don't want to lose my text messages.

And I also noticed these roms include a ton of stuff, thats the other thing, I don't want to load up my phone with things I wont use, just the things that I need, plus whatever advancements/improvements the rom will offer to my overal use of the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development