PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

laquino1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

Can Anyone help me switch the 6.5 update over to Titanium? I went into tools and pressed the Titanium RA and when it tries to load I keep getting an error message : File or assembly name "fgControlsDevice, Version=1.0.8.2, Culture=nueutral, PublicKeyToken=null", or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Then the next screen says the .NET Compact Framework failed to load the required components. I tried to load 3.5 NET program, but i always get an error before it finishes completely. Is there a different version needed for the windows 6.5? I have an older one with 4.3 or something in the file name.

Anyones help would be great, or am I just missing a step somewhere. Thanks for your help. And Merdin, this one looks great and is fast too. now i hav to upgrade a friends phone, she's getting jealous!

Lou
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by laquino1 View Post
Can Anyone help me switch the 6.5 update over to Titanium? I went into tools and pressed the Titanium RA and when it tries to load I keep getting an error message : File or assembly name "fgControlsDevice, Version=1.0.8.2, Culture=nueutral, PublicKeyToken=null", or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Then the next screen says the .NET Compact Framework failed to load the required components. I tried to load 3.5 NET program, but i always get an error before it finishes completely. Is there a different version needed for the windows 6.5? I have an older one with 4.3 or something in the file name.

Anyones help would be great, or am I just missing a step somewhere. Thanks for your help. And Merdin, this one looks great and is fast too. now i hav to upgrade a friends phone, she's getting jealous!

Lou
to change to titanium, you go to settings, and then your go to Today, and then click on the items tab, and check the box that has windows default, and then press ok, and wait a little for it to load.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kkryter is a n00b

First off, I have to give the chef the obligatory shout out / thanks...this ROM rocks! Speed, beauty, stability, great battery life...you can't ask for much more. That said, I have come across some issues which, if resolved, would make me even happier with it. I'm speaking about the latest out as of this writing, running this on a Sprint TP.

1. Adobe Reader : I noticed that this doesn't seem to be installed be default which I thought was odd as it seems to be a mainstay on stock and every ROM I've ever flashed, including this chefs previous efforts. Was this accidentally omitted? I tried downloading what I thought was the latest from Adobe itself ( labeled as v2 for "PocketPC" ) and it does run, but it crashes after loading any of the documents that I've personally thrown at it. Does anybody have a link handy to the one that is preloaded in stock and most customs? This one from Adobe is definitely not the same and seems inferior to me.

2. TF3D Album : When viewing pictures within the Album application, I'm unable to gesture / swipe between photos or to zoom in on them. Instead of going to the next photo it seems to exit the Album and instead goes over to the next TF3D tab. Also when viewing if I tap on the screen instead of the usual pop up list of options I get exited back to the photos tab. Slideshow does appear to work correctly.

3. Music Stutter : Last night I was trying to listen to some music using the TF3D music app over A2DP and while for the most part it worked fine, I did see some pretty bad performance at times, especially when I suspended the device. In the past this has worked fine, was just curious if anybody else had noticed this or had any suggestions for improvement.

4. Blue Theme Graphical Oddness : I noticed, several version of this ROM back, that when I attempted to install either the complete RED or BLUE themes that this would mess up the icons for different connections to contacts on my People tab within TF3D. Is there any way to fix this? For the meantime I simply uninstalled the theme but would love to be able to use it.

5. Finally, Sprint TV : Following flashing I installed what I thought was the latest version of Sprint TV ( filename says version 1.6.4.74603_11_19_2008 ) and almost got to the point of watching a video and got the dreaded "7004" that has already been reported. Believing that this was a known issue I installed the "calkulin fix" file that I already had but am still receiving the 7004 error. Any suggestions on what I did wrong or what I might do to fix this?

Thanks again for the hard work that you have put into this and thanks in advance for any help that anybody has for these issues.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Whats the exact problem your having, or error your getting.
I can't tell you now as I flashed back to the SAC Warrior ROM, but it's something to the effect that "there is not enough available memory to run this program". This is in a Sprint TP with TONS of available memory.

The game starts to open & shows the opening splash screen but then the error pops up & it exits. I have seen the exact same error on other custom ROM's, the game either runs perfectly or won't run at all. It is only the last couple versions of NRZ that will run it, before that it gave the exact same error. SAC runs it perfectly as does NFSFAN's & the latest NRZ (NRZ is awesome, but the battery life is so poor the ROM is virtually unuseable for me)

~John
Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I can't tell you now as I flashed back to the SAC Warrior ROM, but it's something to the effect that "there is not enough available memory to run this program". This is in a Sprint TP with TONS of available memory.

The game starts to open & shows the opening splash screen but then the error pops up & it exits. I have seen the exact same error on other custom ROM's, the game either runs perfectly or won't run at all. It is only the last couple versions of NRZ that will run it, before that it gave the exact same error. SAC runs it perfectly as does NFSFAN's & the latest NRZ (NRZ is awesome, but the battery life is so poor the ROM is virtually unuseable for me)

~John
ohh i see well the problem is John is that the game requires a landscape re****ion in order to run, so what you would have to do on my rom in order to run the game is go to start menu, then tools, and then run the change screen program, and then check enabled. now go0 to the exeptions tab, and enable all the landscape modes on their for each program, and then click save, and then go to homescreen and then turn your phone so its in landscape and then try to run the game.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkryter View Post
First off, I have to give the chef the obligatory shout out / thanks...this ROM rocks! Speed, beauty, stability, great battery life...you can't ask for much more. That said, I have come across some issues which, if resolved, would make me even happier with it. I'm speaking about the latest out as of this writing, running this on a Sprint TP.

1. Adobe Reader : I noticed that this doesn't seem to be installed be default which I thought was odd as it seems to be a mainstay on stock and every ROM I've ever flashed, including this chefs previous efforts. Was this accidentally omitted? I tried downloading what I thought was the latest from Adobe itself ( labeled as v2 for "PocketPC" ) and it does run, but it crashes after loading any of the documents that I've personally thrown at it. Does anybody have a link handy to the one that is preloaded in stock and most customs? This one from Adobe is definitely not the same and seems inferior to me.

2. TF3D Album : When viewing pictures within the Album application, I'm unable to gesture / swipe between photos or to zoom in on them. Instead of going to the next photo it seems to exit the Album and instead goes over to the next TF3D tab. Also when viewing if I tap on the screen instead of the usual pop up list of options I get exited back to the photos tab. Slideshow does appear to work correctly.

3. Music Stutter : Last night I was trying to listen to some music using the TF3D music app over A2DP and while for the most part it worked fine, I did see some pretty bad performance at times, especially when I suspended the device. In the past this has worked fine, was just curious if anybody else had noticed this or had any suggestions for improvement.

4. Blue Theme Graphical Oddness : I noticed, several version of this ROM back, that when I attempted to install either the complete RED or BLUE themes that this would mess up the icons for different connections to contacts on my People tab within TF3D. Is there any way to fix this? For the meantime I simply uninstalled the theme but would love to be able to use it.

5. Finally, Sprint TV : Following flashing I installed what I thought was the latest version of Sprint TV ( filename says version 1.6.4.74603_11_19_2008 ) and almost got to the point of watching a video and got the dreaded "7004" that has already been reported. Believing that this was a known issue I installed the "calkulin fix" file that I already had but am still receiving the 7004 error. Any suggestions on what I did wrong or what I might do to fix this?

Thanks again for the hard work that you have put into this and thanks in advance for any help that anybody has for these issues.

thanks for the feedback ill look into a few of those, and i removed the adobe reader in order to save some space, but i can include it in the next release.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
ohh i see well the problem is John is that the game requires a landscape re****ion in order to run, so what you would have to do on my rom in order to run the game is go to start menu, then tools, and then run the change screen program, and then check enabled. now go0 to the exeptions tab, and enable all the landscape modes on their for each program, and then click save, and then go to homescreen and then turn your phone so its in landscape and then try to run the game.
I've tried that, it didn't work.

~John
Old 08-06-2009, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

By the way, the game runs fine in both portrait & landscape in my current setup.

~John
Old 08-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
By the way, the game runs fine in both portrait & landscape in my current setup.

~John
did you try and disable manila and then launch the game in landscape.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
did you try and disable manila and then launch the game in landscape.
Yea, didn't work.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development