View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
kkryter
PPCGeeks Regular

kkryter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

First off, I have to give the chef the obligatory shout out / thanks...this ROM rocks! Speed, beauty, stability, great battery life...you can't ask for much more. That said, I have come across some issues which, if resolved, would make me even happier with it. I'm speaking about the latest out as of this writing, running this on a Sprint TP.

1. Adobe Reader : I noticed that this doesn't seem to be installed be default which I thought was odd as it seems to be a mainstay on stock and every ROM I've ever flashed, including this chefs previous efforts. Was this accidentally omitted? I tried downloading what I thought was the latest from Adobe itself ( labeled as v2 for "PocketPC" ) and it does run, but it crashes after loading any of the documents that I've personally thrown at it. Does anybody have a link handy to the one that is preloaded in stock and most customs? This one from Adobe is definitely not the same and seems inferior to me.

2. TF3D Album : When viewing pictures within the Album application, I'm unable to gesture / swipe between photos or to zoom in on them. Instead of going to the next photo it seems to exit the Album and instead goes over to the next TF3D tab. Also when viewing if I tap on the screen instead of the usual pop up list of options I get exited back to the photos tab. Slideshow does appear to work correctly.

3. Music Stutter : Last night I was trying to listen to some music using the TF3D music app over A2DP and while for the most part it worked fine, I did see some pretty bad performance at times, especially when I suspended the device. In the past this has worked fine, was just curious if anybody else had noticed this or had any suggestions for improvement.

4. Blue Theme Graphical Oddness : I noticed, several version of this ROM back, that when I attempted to install either the complete RED or BLUE themes that this would mess up the icons for different connections to contacts on my People tab within TF3D. Is there any way to fix this? For the meantime I simply uninstalled the theme but would love to be able to use it.

5. Finally, Sprint TV : Following flashing I installed what I thought was the latest version of Sprint TV ( filename says version 1.6.4.74603_11_19_2008 ) and almost got to the point of watching a video and got the dreaded "7004" that has already been reported. Believing that this was a known issue I installed the "calkulin fix" file that I already had but am still receiving the 7004 error. Any suggestions on what I did wrong or what I might do to fix this?

Thanks again for the hard work that you have put into this and thanks in advance for any help that anybody has for these issues.