PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jinzhen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM](August 3,2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 5.1 CE OS 5.2.230(Build 230 MerdinH)

What is this 6.5.1? When I search for it in the forums I get nothing. Any roms (links?) available I can check out?
Old 10-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
What is this 6.5.1? When I search for it in the forums I get nothing. Any roms (links?) available I can check out?
If you remember the regular windows mobile 6.5 thats used in my rom, then 6.5.1 has a little more advanced interface with the start menu at the bottom of the screen, and bigger buttons.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ya i saw that part, it sounds cool, I'm still using your ROM but since you're moving on I'm going to need to try other roms for updated stuff - does any chef currently have any roms with 6.5.1? Who would you recommend to continue on the TP1 rom flashing escapade with? Your 6.5 is great, but I'm having the text messaging freezing issue still (I've done everything the forums said to do to help - but nothing works) among other minor issues - but would like to try some others for now (and eventually move back to yours if i'm not satisfied). Any thoughts?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Ya i saw that part, it sounds cool, I'm still using your ROM but since you're moving on I'm going to need to try other roms for updated stuff - does any chef currently have any roms with 6.5.1? Who would you recommend to continue on the TP1 rom flashing escapade with? Your 6.5 is great, but I'm having the text messaging freezing issue still (I've done everything the forums said to do to help - but nothing works) among other minor issues - but would like to try some others for now (and eventually move back to yours if i'm not satisfied). Any thoughts?
Hears one you can try, i have no knowledge of this rom all i know is it's 6.5.1, just try it out and see how it goes.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85621
Old 10-10-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I shall, thank you
Old 10-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
I shall, thank you
No problem let me know how you like the new interface.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I've been playing around with it today (the new 6.5.1 interface) and it isn't too bad at all. I like the start button and the other buttons below. I wish there was a way for them to implement task switching using the start button or whatever somehow (I'm always installing Quickmenu to do this - and QMenu has task manager functions which is great!) - that would make it much better. It actually appears to be a pretty solid build. Not too many bugs to report - other than some of the icons in the winmo 6.5 honeycomb layout appears to be broken links - but that could be just me, I dont use that anyway to find/surf programs/utilities, I use the quickmenu which is far better since it emulates a desktop start menu. That's my view so far
Old 10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Merdin, what was that finger menu program you used for your later builds? I know it wasn't fingersuite - someone said that was slow, and that there was a faster program and you said you were on top of it already, and used it for your later builds - is there a cab for that?

Last edited by jinzhen; 10-12-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Merdin, what was that finger menu program you used for your later builds? I know it wasn't fingersuite - someone said that was slow, and that there was a faster program and you said you were on top of it already, and used it for your later builds - is there a cab for that?
That was a fingerMenu addon for the regular keyboards, ill see if i can make it into a cab and if its going to work like that, because i think the addon has to be cooked in.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Awesome. And any thoughts on this issue?
I've used ur latest 6.5 rom since its release and then all of a sudden a few days ago before I flashed to try 6.5.1, I noticed that my battery lasts only for a few hours. I hoped flashing to the 6.5.1 would fix it, but its still the same. I have two 1st party batteries, and they last only a few hours now - like maybe 3 hours. This is in high contrast from being able to go an entire business day on one charge. Would this be a software issue (flashing to stock and back or hardware reset, or whatever) or a hardware issue (batteries going bad/old)? I'm thinking about flashing to stock and then back again to test.

And a cab for the fingermenu add on would be awesome, if not, thanks for the effort anyway!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development