PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i know i'm not going to explain this well because i don't totally understand it but...

if the rom you're flashing doesn't have it's own splash included, it will keep the one already in memory. and all the hard resets in the world won't let you go back to stock unless you flash back to stock splash.

someone that really knows what they're talking about on this, can i get a little help please? i was just winging it.

yea thats true, the splash screen which is the first hardware screen to popup is separate from the rom just like the Radio, but both can also be built into a rom like carriers do, my rom does not contain a splash screen so it uses the default screen on the phone whichever was there last, so if you flash a rom with a splash screen then that screen will remain there until you flash another splash screen on the rom just like you would flash a rom and radio, you can use that file posted eralier just like stated, name it Raphing and put it on your sd card then run bootloader and flash the splash screen.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:19 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

when you say the first hardware screen, do you mean after you flash, or the first screen that shows up after you soft reset?

edit: on the rom download page, there are 4 roms listed... i want the manila 2 rom...is the only option the red theme, because im really digging the blue right now and it would be cool to flash to that

Help Me Help You

Last edited by piranah; 04-03-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
when you say the first hardware screen, do you mean after you flash, or the first screen that shows up after you soft reset?

edit: on the rom download page, there are 4 roms listed... i want the manila 2 rom...is the only option the red theme, because im really digging the blue right now and it would be cool to flash to that
Yea the Manila 2 is only in red so far, im still waiting for a updated version which hopefully xboxmod will release at the end of this weekend if everything goes well, then ill start finishing up the red, and starting up on the blue version.

The first screen that shows up after reset which defaults to Touch Pro on a regular rom.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i'm pretty sure this one is it. i had the same problem a while back and this is what i used.

you need to extract the file from the zip, copy to your SD card and put your TP on bootloader. it would automatically tell you what to do after that.

and remember, if you f- your phone up, don't find my house. and if it works ok, hit the Thanks button.
I am gonna try it, but also calling my friend in the FBI just in case we need to find you.......lol
Old 04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzthe1 View Post
I am gonna try it, but also calling my friend in the FBI just in case we need to find you.......lol
Dont worry ill sell you his ip address for $20 plus tax.
*Other service fees and charges may apply
Old 04-03-2009, 06:32 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Dont worry ill sell you his ip address for $20 plus tax.
*Other service fees and charges may apply
sold!

darn...this sucks, not only about the blue, but i clicked my world clock for the first time in a week
Old 04-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
sold!

darn...this sucks, not only about the blue, but i clicked my world clock for the first time in a week
Hehe just adjust the time again, and keep the finger off the clock
Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

Hey it worked!!!!!! It only updated the initial splash screen, not anything else!!!!! I didn't even have to reload my files!!!! This is a keeper!!!!

Merdin, I won't need his address i guess.......but i do know this xbox gamer tag who was talkin mad $hi+ the other nite when i was kickin his butt on Madden......think u can find him instead?

*thinking it would be funny to knock on his door and kick him in the nutz and hen he asks why, point at him and say YOU KNOW WHY!!!! Then walk away*
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Hehe just adjust the time again, and keep the finger off the clock
After you set the time....try this cab i got on xda, it disables the time on the today screen and instead, maps it to call history so even if you tapped the time by mistake, it won't matter once its set. if you need to adjust the time after installing this, do it in settings/system/ clocks and alarms.

soft reset after installation
Attached Files
File Type: cab DisableWorldClock.cab (163.9 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ

Merdinh, is it cool with you if i put your rom picture sig in my sig? havent seen anybody do it.... just wanna represent...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development